CSNbbs
Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! (/thread-889369.html)

Pages: 1 2

Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - IWokeUpLikeThis - 12-03-2019 12:59 AM

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - stever20 - 12-03-2019 01:10 AM

Was Big Noon on just 1 hour on Saturday? Asking for a friend.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - sierrajip - 12-03-2019 06:00 AM

Doesn't ESPiN get the game next year. Will wait to see what happens next year.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - Hokie Mark - 12-03-2019 08:48 AM

I thought it was a "jump the shark" moment for ESPN Gameday when they showed up at the exact same location as Fox... for a game that was broadcast by Fox. Dumb!

ESPN Gameday has lost their way, IMO. They miss opportunities to promote their own games while sometimes promoting games on other networks (CBS, NBC and Fox). Is there some contractual reason why they must do that? Otherwise, I can't imagine why they'd want to... just for a big crowd? That would be very short-sighted!

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - stever20 - 12-03-2019 09:16 AM

I think Gameday found their replacement for Corso in McAfee. I think this year will finally be it.

I have no problem with the venue choices generally for GameDay. Gameday is about ALL of college football, not an infomercial for the Fox game coming up. HUGE difference.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - IWokeUpLikeThis - 12-03-2019 09:23 AM

Was Big Noon taking down Gameday the biggest upset of the CFB season?

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - quo vadis - 12-03-2019 09:27 AM

(12-03-2019 08:48 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I thought it was a "jump the shark" moment for ESPN Gameday when they showed up at the exact same location as Fox... for a game that was broadcast by Fox. Dumb!

ESPN Gameday has lost their way, IMO. They miss opportunities to promote their own games while sometimes promoting games on other networks (CBS, NBC and Fox). Is there some contractual reason why they must do that? Otherwise, I can't imagine why they'd want to... just for a big crowd? That would be very short-sighted!

I think we all know Gameday has a bias for Disney games. If two games are of equal importance and one is on a Disney channel and the other not, Gameday will usually show up for the Disney game.

But they don't always do so, and IMO that is totally to their credit. Not something to criticize them for.

For example, this week they are going to the SEC title game, which is on CBS, not a Disney game. Good for Gameday!

FOX will be at the B1G title game, televised on FOX. Bad, because like it or not, the SEC game is the bigger game.

Also, I think it was smart for ESPN to do Gameday from Ohio State vs Penn State. ESPN has a big chunk of the B1G package themselves, so it would be dumb of them to cede that territory totally to FOX, creating the impression that the B1G is FOX territory entirely.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - GoldenWarrior11 - 12-03-2019 09:34 AM

Wow. That's good news for Fox. Never thought I'd see that happen.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - EvanJ - 12-03-2019 10:11 AM

CBS has the SEC. Fox has the Big 12, Pac-12, and in other sports the Big East. ABC and ESPN channels show every P5 conference. Even if Gameday goes to a site of a game on another channel, that site could host a game on ABC or an ESPN channel shortly before or after. Fox wouldn't go to an SEC stadium because Fox won't ever have a game there.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - Wedge - 12-03-2019 10:44 AM

Fox needs to persuade the Big Ten to let them have a new Michigan-Ohio State game at noon ET every Saturday. 07-coffee3

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - esayem - 12-03-2019 12:36 PM

(12-03-2019 09:16 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think Gameday found their replacement for Corso in McAfee. I think this year will finally be it.

I said the same thing.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - Chappy - 12-03-2019 01:14 PM

They could move gameday to ABC and crush.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - stever20 - 12-03-2019 01:18 PM

I think ABC/ESPN are going to be a LOT different choosing Big Ten weeks next season....

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - cubucks - 12-03-2019 01:24 PM

It's funny how appreciate everything ESPN has done for college football. I also hate a lot of what ESPN has created for college football.

Happy for the "Big Noon Kickoff Show". I enjoy it and I'm happy to have something new to watch.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - Cyniclone - 12-03-2019 02:02 PM

(12-03-2019 12:36 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 09:16 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I think Gameday found their replacement for Corso in McAfee. I think this year will finally be it.

I said the same thing.

Agreed, but I hope they let Corso contribute as long as he can because we're losing those links to the larger-than-life personalities of the last generation like Madden and Berman and Keith Jackson. Even if it's a pretape segment they can rehearse, reshoot and edit as needed.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - Bobcat2013 - 12-03-2019 02:16 PM

(12-03-2019 02:02 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

I said the same thing.

Agreed, but I hope they let Corso contribute as long as he can because we're losing those links to the larger-than-life personalities of the last generation like Madden and Berman and Keith Jackson. Even if it's a pretape segment they can rehearse, reshoot and edit as needed.

Probably an unpopular opinion but Ive never cared for him. I find him annoying.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - stever20 - 12-03-2019 02:18 PM

I said the same thing.

yeah. I think it's awesome what ESPN did bringing back Primetime on ESPN+ with Berman.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - SuperFlyBCat - 12-03-2019 02:20 PM

(12-03-2019 02:16 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

I said the same thing.

Probably an unpopular opinion but Ive never cared for him. I find him annoying.

Same with McAfee.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - e-parade - 12-03-2019 03:27 PM

(12-03-2019 01:14 PM)Chappy Wrote:  They could move gameday to ABC and crush.

Yes.

I don't get ESPN with my cable package, so I only watch the network games and the ESPN+ games. I've watched Big Noon Saturday multiple times this year because I get FOX. I've watched Gameday 0 times this year because I do not get ESPN. Put it on ABC and suddenly I (and many others) have a choice.

RE: Big Noon Saturday just DETHRONED Gameday!! - orangefan - 12-03-2019 04:05 PM

(12-03-2019 06:00 AM)sierrajip Wrote:  Doesn't ESPiN get the game next year. Will wait to see what happens next year.

Fox, as the winning bidder on the first tranche of B1G TV rights, gets the first choice of weeks in which it makes the first choice of games. This should generally be OSU-Michigan week, but they could always change their mind if they felt another matchup would be more advantageous.