CSNbbs
I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own (/thread-889196.html)

I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - JCMiner - 12-01-2019 01:11 PM

Frank Wilson has been fired by UTSA. A bold move by the new AD. Congratulations for not accepting mediocrity. Our AD has said everything is going according to the six year plan Dimel and him discussed.

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - ESE84 - 12-01-2019 01:51 PM

(12-01-2019 01:11 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  Frank Wilson has been fired by UTSA. A bold move by the new AD. Congratulations for not accepting mediocrity. Our AD has said everything is going according to the six year plan Dimel and him discussed.

Sorry to read this. Attendance at the Sun Bowl should be an unmistakable sign for the AD to end this six-year plan early.

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - Ourland - 12-01-2019 01:59 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a historically bad football program ever fire a coach after only the second season. UTEP has always had a bad program, just like Rice. Losing is expected. None of this is new.

UTEP needs to make a very controversial hire like Art Briles, or it needs someone who will install the triple option. That's the only way UTEP will win.

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - MTalum09 - 12-01-2019 02:18 PM

Congrats UTSA! You have no idea how jealous we are of your actions. At least you take action instead of turning a blind eye to your problems. <Looking at you, Massaro.>

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - JCMiner - 12-01-2019 02:25 PM

(12-01-2019 01:59 PM)Ourland Wrote:  I don't think I've ever seen a historically bad football program ever fire a coach after only the second season. UTEP has always had a bad program, just like Rice. Losing is expected. None of this is new.

UTEP needs to make a very controversial hire like Art Briles, or it needs someone who will install the triple option. That's the only way UTEP will win.
I agree we have an awful past. Price and Kugler sort of stabilized the program. We averaged five wins during the nine year Price era and four wins during the Kugler five year stint. Now we’re back to being 70-00s bad where one win seasons were the norm.

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - correcamino - 12-01-2019 03:13 PM

I've been saying it for years, UTEP needs a gimmick offense. It's the only way to cover the lack of talent. Lack of talent will always be the issue for UTEP. No offense, but the reality is that you guys are practically in New Mexico and most kids with other offers aren't going to want to go out there.

I know he just resigned, but it's how Davie made New Mexico respectable for a few years. Or even look at the service academies who also don't get the top recruits.

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - cb4029 - 12-01-2019 03:38 PM

(12-01-2019 03:13 PM)correcamino Wrote:  I've been saying it for years, UTEP needs a gimmick offense. It's the only way to cover the lack of talent. Lack of talent will always be the issue for UTEP. No offense, but the reality is that you guys are practically in New Mexico and most kids with other offers aren't going to want to go out there.

I know he just resigned, but it's how Davie made New Mexico respectable for a few years. Or even look at the service academies who also don't get the top recruits.

C-USA could use a triple option team. Maybe the wing-T or wishbone. 05-stirthepot

RE: I Knew UTEP Should Have Hired One of Our Own - Ourland - 12-01-2019 04:02 PM

UTEP would go bowling every season if they ran the triple option. No one would be prepared for it. It's a great "equalizer" for programs with little talent.