CSNbbs
Week 12 CFP Rankings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Week 12 CFP Rankings (/thread-888136.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Week 12 CFP Rankings - dbackjon - 11-19-2019 07:26 PM

LSU
OSU
Clemson
Georgia
Alabama
Oregon
Utah
Penn State
Oklahoma
Minnesota
Florida
Wisconsin
Michigan
Baylor
Auburn
Notre Dame
Iowa
Memphis
Cincinnati
Boise State
Oklahoma State
Iowa State
Southern Cal
Appalachian State
SMU

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - Nerdlinger - 11-20-2019 08:13 AM

Looks like the SEC may get a second team in the CFP again. If Georgia wins out and Alabama loses to Auburn, both Georgia and LSU could make it in. If both Alabama and Georgia win out, then Alabama and LSU could be in.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - stever20 - 11-20-2019 08:16 AM

(11-20-2019 08:13 AM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  Looks like the SEC may get a second team in the CFP again. If Georgia wins out and Alabama loses to Auburn, both Georgia and LSU could make it in. If both Alabama and Georgia win out, then Alabama and LSU could be in.

how about making it easy. If Alabama wins out, the SEC is going to get 2 teams in. Either Georgia/LSU(if Georgia beats LSU) or LSU/Alabama(if LSU beats Georgia).

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - quo vadis - 11-20-2019 08:27 AM

Man, the CFP does NOT like Notre Dame. The Irish knock #23 Navy out with a dominant win and .... they stay at #16, even behind 3-loss Auburn.

Notre Dame has wins over previously-ranked Navy and now-ranked USC, a better win that Auburn has, but no dice. Moral of the story - you can lose, as long as its close. Don't get blown out.

Looks like Notre Dame are going to end up 10-2, and playing in the CarQuest Bowl. The ACC bowl lineup is not the best, and it is unfortunate for the Irish that they did not negotiate a better deal with the ACC and Orange Bowl.

A better agreement would be that (a) Notre Dame cannot displace the ACC champ in the Orange Bowl, but (b) if the ACC champ is in the CFP, then Notre Dame is eligible to be the ACC second-place team that goes to the Orange Bowl.

Because the drop-off to the next ACC bowl is pretty steep.

As it is, lesser teams are going to be in the Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl. I'm sure both would rather have a #15, 10-2 Notre Dame than an unranked VT (Orange Bowl) or AAC champion (say Memphis).

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - stever20 - 11-20-2019 08:54 AM

(11-20-2019 08:27 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  Man, the CFP does NOT like Notre Dame. The Irish knock #23 Navy out with a dominant win and .... they stay at #16, even behind 3-loss Auburn.

Notre Dame has wins over previously-ranked Navy and now-ranked USC, a better win that Auburn has, but no dice. Moral of the story - you can lose, as long as its close. Don't get blown out.

Looks like Notre Dame are going to end up 10-2, and playing in the CarQuest Bowl. The ACC bowl lineup is not the best, and it is unfortunate for the Irish that they did not negotiate a better deal with the ACC and Orange Bowl.

A better agreement would be that (a) Notre Dame cannot displace the ACC champ in the Orange Bowl, but (b) if the ACC champ is in the CFP, then Notre Dame is eligible to be the ACC second-place team that goes to the Orange Bowl.

As it is, lesser teams are going to be in the Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl. I'm sure both would rather have a #15, 10-2 Notre Dame than an unranked VT (Orange Bowl) or AAC champion (say Memphis).

um, the G5 rep is always getting in, no matter what you ******* think.......

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - bullet - 11-20-2019 08:54 AM

(11-20-2019 08:27 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  Man, the CFP does NOT like Notre Dame. The Irish knock #23 Navy out with a dominant win and .... they stay at #16, even behind 3-loss Auburn.

Notre Dame has a deal nobody else has. The ACC got the raw end.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - quo vadis - 11-20-2019 08:56 AM

(11-20-2019 08:54 AM)stever20 Wrote:  

Um, what makes you think I didn't know that? In fact, i *said* that the G5 champ is getting in to the Cotton Bowl.

SMH!

07-coffee3

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - domer1978 - 11-20-2019 08:57 AM

Yep, if you po-po the bed like we did then this is what you get. Either way, I am glad we are 16th, we are great against ok to bad teams and horrible against teams with a pulse. Maybe we can win a bowl? Then they'll give BK 20 extension though :(.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - GoldenWarrior11 - 11-20-2019 09:05 AM

(11-20-2019 08:54 AM)stever20 Wrote:  

Confirmed. Notre Dame is now in the G5. Lol.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - quo vadis - 11-20-2019 09:07 AM

(11-20-2019 08:57 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  

Yep, if you po-po the bed like we did then this is what you get. Either way, I am glad we are 16th, we are great against ok to bad teams and horrible against teams with a pulse. Maybe we can win a bowl? Then they'll give BK 20 extension though :(.

IMO, that's being too harsh. ND was not horrible on the road vs a #4 Georgia team. They were only horrible on the road against a #13 Michigan team.

A Michigan team that after getting written off early has improved greatly and IMO will give Ohio State a very tough game. Their defense is legitimate and their QB has some savvy to him.

But ... that 45-14 scoreline really hurts, no question.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - stever20 - 11-20-2019 09:07 AM

(11-20-2019 08:57 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  

this year shows how tough it is for Notre Dame. They're 8-2 and have very little chance to get into the top 10.....

Also shows how hard it is for the Orange Bowl to get Notre Dame as an opponent.... Even if ND was 9-1, probably wouldn't be good enough...

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - GoldenWarrior11 - 11-20-2019 09:09 AM

I think the only team I would really rank Notre Dame ahead of is Auburn, BUT the three losses Auburn has were all respectable. I really think the blowout for Notre Dame against Michigan will be the deciding factor from them getting into the top-12 again.

If Michigan and Georgia win out, however....

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - stever20 - 11-20-2019 09:11 AM

(11-20-2019 09:09 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  I think the only team I would really rank Notre Dame ahead of is Auburn, BUT the three losses Auburn has were all respectable. I really think the blowout for Notre Dame against Michigan will be the deciding factor from them getting into the top-12 again.

If Michigan and Georgia win out, however....

top 12 is one thing.... BUT for ND to get into the Cotton Bowl they would have to be top 10 probably.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - domer1978 - 11-20-2019 09:15 AM

We deserve our ranking. You cannot get killed like we did and complain about disrespect.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - bill dazzle - 11-20-2019 09:19 AM

I'm a Memphis and Cincy man. But I feel that if either team played Notre Dame 10 times, the Irish would win seven or eight.

Now IF Memphis can somehow in these last few games come up with a respectable defense to pair with its strong offense and kicking game...it could beat ND seven of 10. Sadly, I don't see that type defense emerging at this late stage of the season.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - esayem - 11-20-2019 09:25 AM

The Orange Bowl deal is not a bad deal for the ACC.

The RV Bowl still has a solid payout, so Notre Dame will be fine. It’s higher than the Gator Bowl and Music City Bowl, despite being the little brother bowl game in Orlando. It just has a ****** name.

There are quite a few teams ahead of Notre Dame that will lose again.

Alabama/Auburn
Georgia/LSU
OSU/Michigan
OSU/PSU
Wisconsin/Minnesota
Big 10 CCG
Utah/Oregon
In all likelihood Baylor/OU

ND has who, BC and Stanford left? I wouldn’t be alarmed if ND finishes in the top 10 after the bloodbath that awaits the current top 15. It looks like only Clemson and UF can avoid it.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - stever20 - 11-20-2019 09:32 AM

(11-20-2019 09:25 AM)esayem Wrote:  The Orange Bowl deal is not a bad deal for the ACC.

The RV Bowl still has a solid payout, so Notre Dame will be fine. It’s higher than the Gator Bowl and Music City Bowl, despite being the little brother bowl game in Orlando. It just has a ****** name.

There are quite a few teams ahead of Notre Dame that will lose again.

Alabama/Auburn
Georgia/LSU
OSU/Michigan
OSU/PSU
Wisconsin/Minnesota
Big 10 CCG
Utah/Oregon
In all likelihood Baylor/OU

ND has who, BC and Stanford left? I wouldn’t be alarmed if ND finishes in the top 10 after the bloodbath that awaits the current top 15. It looks like only Clemson and UF can avoid it.

lol..... small problem- several of those games- ND isn't passing the loser of the game.....
Georgia/LSU
OSU/PSU
Utah/Oregon
Big Ten CCG

I don't care what ND does.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - Captain Bearcat - 11-20-2019 09:48 AM

Actually, the Orange Bowl would probably prefer Cincinnati or Memphis over Virginia Tech. In 2008, Cincinnati fans outnumbered Virginia Tech fans at the Orange Bowl, and it wasn't close.

Also, the Orange Bowl is against "SEC #2 or Big 10 #2" which quite possibly will end up being Georgia and Michigan (right now all the projections say it will be Georgia). If Notre Dame was in the Orange Bowl then the Orange Bowl couldn't invite Georgia or Michigan because they've already played this year. That would create all sorts of headaches and I don't know how that would be resolved.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - b0ndsj0ns - 11-20-2019 09:48 AM

Boise is very well positioned. An easy scenario to play out would would be Memphis beat Cincy in the last game of the regular season and then they rematch and Cincy win and boom Boise gets the bid. What would actually be best for the AAC would probably be Cincy beat Memphis and SMU win out and win the west. Then probably the winner of Cincy-SMU would get the Access bid.

RE: Week 12 CFP Rankings - stever20 - 11-20-2019 09:50 AM

(11-20-2019 09:48 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  

Actually, the Orange Bowl would probably prefer Cincinnati or Memphis over Virginia Tech. In 2008, Cincinnati fans outnumbered Virginia Tech fans at the Orange Bowl, and it wasn't close.

Also, the Orange Bowl is against "SEC #2 or Big 10 #2" which quite possibly will end up being Georgia and Michigan (right now all the projections say it will be Georgia). If Notre Dame was in the Orange Bowl then the Orange Bowl couldn't invite Georgia or Michigan because they've already played this year. That would create all sorts of headaches and I don't know how that would be resolved.

For SEC and Big Ten- it's #2 selection- AFTER the Sugar/Rose Bowls...

So Georgia will be going to the Sugar Bowl and frankly Penn St probably going to the Rose Bowl... The next SEC/Big Ten/ND team goes to the Orange Bowl.... Right now, that's probably going to be Alabama....

Notre Dame btw can't go in place of ACC team.....