CSNbbs
Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday (/thread-888106.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - GFlash68 - 11-19-2019 04:46 PM

Now that our NFL prospect is leaving the team early, I wonder if Ball State thinks this game is in the bag. I guess everyone has this problem when they recruit NFL prospects.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - AlphaFlash - 11-19-2019 10:03 PM

(11-19-2019 04:46 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  Now that our NFL prospect is leaving the team early,

Wait. I missed something???

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Polish Hammer - 11-21-2019 08:44 PM

Our star RB declared he’s taking his talents pro.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Polish Hammer - 11-23-2019 12:42 PM

Good to see McKoy back! Hoping he learned his lesson and continues developing, he’s still only a Sophomore.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - anti-zip - 11-23-2019 12:43 PM

Why wasn't that play stopped and reviewed? That was very close to a fumble. No way they had a definitive decision before the next play was run.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - anti-zip - 11-23-2019 12:44 PM

And of course they immediately get a long completion and roughing the passer on the next play.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Polish Hammer - 11-23-2019 01:14 PM

Crum to McKoy again!!

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - anti-zip - 11-23-2019 01:29 PM

One problem with running such an up tempo style when you need to run clock you have a tough time. After getting into the redzone we had a few plays with the clock running where we snapped it with around 15 on the play clock. So we're giving it back with 2:11 left on the clock when it could've been 1:30 or under.

But this offense has been fun to watch today.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Polish Hammer - 11-23-2019 01:33 PM

Crum has been fun to watch, he’s really stepped up and staked his claim to the job.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Polish Hammer - 11-23-2019 01:35 PM

(11-23-2019 01:29 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  One problem with running such an up tempo style when you need to run clock you have a tough time. After getting into the redzone we had a few plays with the clock running where we snapped it with around 15 on the play clock. So we're giving it back with 2:11 left on the clock when it could've been 1:30 or under.

But this offense has been fun to watch today.

Good point, and giving up a score so quickly as that takes the wind out of your sails going into the locker room.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - anti-zip - 11-23-2019 02:55 PM

Crum, McKoy, and Carrigan are going off. Really wish we had both these WRs playing all year.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - anti-zip - 11-23-2019 03:17 PM

On the two plays before BSU's first timeout we snapped it with 20 and 16 ok the play clock. This could be a final play kick.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - ilovegymnast - 11-23-2019 03:24 PM

Hope stays alive!!

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Polish Hammer - 11-23-2019 03:48 PM

Resilience, nice to see them pulling out Ws we always watched escape our grasp.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - JimJoyce - 11-23-2019 09:14 PM

Shout out to the KSU students who decided to blow off their team to stay indoors on a sunny 45-degree day to watch a school they don’t even attend.

As for the game, this team now clearly has belief. Even down 17-7 you felt good when other KSU teams would have simply folded. Good things happening and great things coming for this program.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - GFlash68 - 11-23-2019 09:53 PM

I think that Crum is becoming an all conference QB. The guy is just a winner throughout. Too bad that we have suffered for so long that we have no fan base. We need years of winning.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - ilovegymnast - 11-23-2019 10:11 PM

I hope the athletic department has started a keep Lewis fund. If they start fundraising now they might be able to get enough to keep him when the team makes a run next year.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - axeme - 11-23-2019 10:58 PM

(11-23-2019 10:11 PM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  I hope the athletic department has started a keep Lewis fund. If they start fundraising now they might be able to get enough to keep him when the team makes a run next year.

That just hasn't been possible for MAC teams. The P5 conferences offer multi-million dollar contracts. No MAC school ever matches those offers. And the only reason MAC coaches ever turn down those big contracts is because they think there is a better offer to be had. Can you think of any successful MAC football coach who stayed once they got an offer from a P5 school? I can't think of one, but maybe someone else can.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - AlphaFlash - 11-23-2019 10:59 PM

These close games really show how even the MAC is. We've now won a couple close ones and lost a couple close ones. Looking through the scores it seems that way for everyone. I really don't know what to think of this EMU game. Gonna be a close one.

I know I've said it before, but here's where the 3 money games are really irritating. We are now in a win-or-done situation going to an away game. If we scheduled a winnable game instead of one of the three this could be a better situation for us.

RE: Ball State visits Kent State Saturday - Muskrat - 11-23-2019 11:40 PM

True, AlphaFlash, but keep in mind that opponent couldn't be an FCS team. It would have to be another FBS team.