CSNbbs
UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. (/thread-884193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - UConnHusky - 07-23-2020 01:05 PM

(07-23-2020 11:05 AM)No Bull Wrote:  I am not trolling or flaming.

If UConn can't play football this year because of the 14day quarentine rile set by the governor of Conn. Will this kill UConn football? Will some bean counters take this as an opportunity to kill UConn football?

Also, will breaking agreements to play certain teams...cause them to not schedule UConn in the future as payback?

Best of luck to the Huskies. I am just wondering.

I am pretty sure that both the NCAA and the schools that we have scheduled both realize that covid has taken us to a unique time with special surrounding circumstances. It isn't like UConn has control of who cancels on us or control of whether the virus will force us to cancel on others. It is what it is.

I do find it interesting that the posters who advocate the most for killing UConn football tend to be from AAC schools. I know that you aren't advocating that position, but many seem to keep beating that drum. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Nameless - 07-24-2020 11:56 AM

(07-22-2020 01:23 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 12:33 PM)Nameless Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 12:24 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 12:21 PM)Bogg Wrote:  

Meet me in Music City on Oct. 2, 2021, Bogg, and we can talk college sports during the VU vs. UConn game.

Hey now, where's my invite?! 01-lauramac2 04-cheers

Lol, never been to a road UConn FB game tbh. Maybe I'll have to make a trip down for that one, assuming I have the time and money. Not sure if I'll be going to grad school or not at this point. I've never actually been to Tennessee, with the exception of driving just over the line from Damascus, VA last year on an off-roading road trip last year to see a "waterfall" that ended up being a massive let down. Always heard it was a great state to spend a week/weekend.

Join us, Nameless. Nashville is a fun place. Lots of hot chicken, local craft beer, hard-drinking bachelorette party ladies and music for everybody (bluegrass, jazz, blues, rock, country, classical and, soon to open, the National Museum of African American Music, complete with an entrance offering massive Jimi Hendrix and Aretha Franklin images).

All you needed to say lol. I'm there! 02-13-bananaCOGS02-13-bananaCOGS

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - bill dazzle - 07-24-2020 12:00 PM

(07-23-2020 01:05 PM)UConnHusky Wrote:  

If UConn can't play football this year because of the 14day quarentine rile set by the governor of Conn. Will this kill UConn football? Will some bean counters take this as an opportunity to kill UConn football?

Also, will breaking agreements to play certain teams...cause them to not schedule UConn in the future as payback?

I am pretty sure that both the NCAA and the schools that we have scheduled both realize that covid has taken us to a unique time with special surrounding circumstances. It isn't like UConn has control of who cancels on us or control of whether the virus will force us to cancel on others. It is what it is.

I do find it interesting that the posters who advocate the most for killing UConn football tend to be from AAC schools. I know that you aren't advocating that position, but many seem to keep beating that drum. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes.

"I do find it interesting that the posters who advocate the most for killing UConn football tend to be from AAC schools."

I agree with this but I will add this:

The posters who most sincerely wish UConn football well tend to be fans of AAC schools as much as, if not more so, fans of schools in the other leagues.

Classy AAC fans "get it" with UConn.

In short, it's a 50-50 thing.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - bill dazzle - 07-24-2020 12:01 PM

(07-24-2020 11:56 AM)Nameless Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 01:23 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 12:33 PM)Nameless Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 12:24 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  

Meet me in Music City on Oct. 2, 2021, Bogg, and we can talk college sports during the VU vs. UConn game.

Hey now, where's my invite?! 01-lauramac2 04-cheers

Lol, never been to a road UConn FB game tbh. Maybe I'll have to make a trip down for that one, assuming I have the time and money. Not sure if I'll be going to grad school or not at this point. I've never actually been to Tennessee, with the exception of driving just over the line from Damascus, VA last year on an off-roading road trip last year to see a "waterfall" that ended up being a massive let down. Always heard it was a great state to spend a week/weekend.

Join us, Nameless. Nashville is a fun place. Lots of hot chicken, local craft beer, hard-drinking bachelorette party ladies and music for everybody (bluegrass, jazz, blues, rock, country, classical and, soon to open, the National Museum of African American Music, complete with an entrance offering massive Jimi Hendrix and Aretha Franklin images).

All you needed to say lol. I'm there! 02-13-bananaCOGS02-13-bananaCOGS

You better bring your "A game," Nameless, because these hard-boozing dames mean business when they get to Nastyville.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Huskies12 - 07-24-2020 01:07 PM

(07-16-2020 06:00 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  Well since UConn gets its own football thread:

The best part is the inversion of roles in which Randy Edsall is asking the reporter the question:

We don't have our own thread...

The board is obsessed with UConn

Page 19

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Sideshow2313 - 07-24-2020 02:02 PM

Vandy is a good matchup but why not 1-1, Vandy has some spots open in 2025+.
What is the payout for 1 and done.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - megadrone - 07-24-2020 04:20 PM

(07-24-2020 02:02 PM)Sideshow2313 Wrote:  

What SEC school, other than Arkansas, actually leaves the south?

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - UConnHusky - 07-25-2020 01:10 AM

(07-24-2020 01:07 PM)Huskies12 Wrote:  
(07-16-2020 06:00 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  Well since UConn gets its own football thread:

The best part is the inversion of roles in which Randy Edsall is asking the reporter the question:

Page 19

I am bumping this post just to get us to page 20. I bet we hit 40 pages before it is done.

04-rock

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - UConnHusky - 07-25-2020 01:11 AM

(07-24-2020 01:07 PM)Huskies12 Wrote:  

Page 19

One...more...push...

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - UConnHusky - 07-25-2020 01:13 AM

Too much work. Never mind.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Nameless - 07-25-2020 11:29 AM

(07-24-2020 04:20 PM)megadrone Wrote:  

We did a H-H with Mizzou a couple years ago. Not sure if they signed that while in the B12 though

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - billybobby777 - 07-25-2020 03:15 PM

(07-25-2020 11:29 AM)Nameless Wrote:  

We did a H-H with Mizzou a couple years ago. Not sure if they signed that while in the B12 though

Mizzou leaves the south alright:
@UCONN
@New Mexico
@ San Diego St 2 times (in the future)

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - IWokeUpLikeThis - 07-25-2020 04:07 PM

(07-25-2020 03:15 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Mizzou leaves the south alright:
@UCONN
@New Mexico
@ San Diego St 2 times (in the future)

Mizzou leaves the south everytime they play a home game.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - No Bull - 07-26-2020 01:29 PM

(07-24-2020 12:00 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  

"I do find it interesting that the posters who advocate the most for killing UConn football tend to be from AAC schools."

The posters who most sincerely wish UConn football well tend to be fans of AAC schools as much as, if not more so, fans of schools in the other leagues.

I love college football; I want college football in the Northeast to thrive. It is important for the sport. I was shocked when UConn chose to go Indy and I wish they were still in the AAC. I probably watched about 6 UConn games last year and even more the year before. So I see myself as sort of a fan. I even used to read the boneyard a bit.

I have gotten the feeling that while UConn football has a strong core group of fans it isn’t exceptionally large or powerful. I was wondering if some folks at UConn (admins who don’t think UConn ever should have moved up into FBS football) what try to use Covid as an excuse to ax UConn football or move it down to FCS. Sort of a UAB scenario.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Fighting Muskie - 07-26-2020 07:19 PM

with so many conferences talking of eliminating or minimizing conference games the independents should be in talks to do in-season home and homes to give them full schedules

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - fresnofanatic - 07-26-2020 07:25 PM

Fresno State and UCONN start series play vs each other next season. I’ll be rooting for UConn in every game after that.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - panite - 07-27-2020 08:02 AM

(07-26-2020 01:29 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

I love college football; I want college football in the Northeast to thrive. It is important for the sport. I was shocked when UConn chose to go Indy and I wish they were still in the AAC. I probably watched about 6 UConn games last year and even more the year before. So I see myself as sort of a fan. I even used to read the boneyard a bit.

I have gotten the feeling that while UConn football has a strong core group of fans it isn’t exceptionally large or powerful. I was wondering if some folks at UConn (admins who don’t think UConn ever should have moved up into FBS football) what try to use Covid as an excuse to ax UConn football or move it down to FCS. Sort of a UAB scenario.

College football thrives in the Northeast. It's just not called the NORTHEAST FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Its goes by the names of the AAC, ACC, B-10, Ivy, and Patriot Conferences. Its kind of like the AAC though - splattered all over the place east of the Mississippi and then some. 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 02-13-banana 02-13-banana COGS COGS 04-cheers

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - bill dazzle - 07-27-2020 08:19 AM

(07-27-2020 08:02 AM)panite Wrote:  
(07-26-2020 01:29 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

College football thrives in the Northeast. It's just not called the NORTHEAST FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Its goes by the names of the AAC, ACC, B-10, Ivy, and Patriot Conferences. Its kind of like the AAC though - splattered all over the place east of the Mississippi and then some. 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 02-13-banana 02-13-banana COGS COGS 04-cheers

Good point. I would throw in the MAC (Buffalo).

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - Michael in Raleigh - 07-27-2020 09:09 AM

(07-27-2020 08:02 AM)panite Wrote:  College football thrives in the Northeast. It's just not called the NORTHEAST FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Its goes by the names of the AAC, ACC, B-10, Ivy, and Patriot Conferences. Its kind of like the AAC though - splattered all over the place east of the Mississippi and then some. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :pbjtime: :pbjtime: :cogs: :cogs: :cheers:

Yeah, there definitely is northeastern FBS football: BC, UMass, UConn, Army, Syracuse, Buffalo, Rutgers, Penn State, Temple, and, depending on how broad your definition of the northeast is, Pitt, Navy, and Maryland.

There just aren't as many FBS schools proportional to the population as there are in other parts of the country.

New York, the state, is fourth in the U.S. for population and has three FBS teams. Ohio, seventh in population, has eight. Louisiana, 25th in population, has five.

RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - bill dazzle - 07-27-2020 11:51 AM

(07-27-2020 09:09 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(07-27-2020 08:02 AM)panite Wrote:  College football thrives in the Northeast. It's just not called the NORTHEAST FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Its goes by the names of the AAC, ACC, B-10, Ivy, and Patriot Conferences. Its kind of like the AAC though - splattered all over the place east of the Mississippi and then some. 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 02-13-banana 02-13-banana COGS COGS 04-cheers

Yeah, there definitely is northeastern FBS football: BC, UMass, UConn, Army, Syracuse, Buffalo, Rutgers, Penn State, Temple, and, depending on how broad your definition of the northeast is, Pitt, Navy, and Maryland.

There just aren't as many FBS schools proportional to the population as there are in other parts of the country.

New York, the state, is fourth in the U.S. for population and has three FBS teams. Ohio, seventh in population, has eight. Louisiana, 25th in population, has five.

My brother-in-law is from Erie, Pennsylvania, and he is not a college football fan (he prefers NFL and NHL). He and I talk about this topic some (his nephew attends Pitt). There are some solid DI college football programs in the Northeast, led, of course, by Penn State. But for the average fan living in that part of the country — as most on this board agree — pro sports are a bigger deal than college athletics. In contrast, in the Southeast, college sports are more popular than pro (generally speaking).

As a kid in the 1960s in Nashville, there were only three MLB teams located within 300 miles of this city: the Braves, Reds and Cards. My father became a Cubs fan in 1945 (he was a ballboy that year for the now-defunct minor league organization Nashville Vols and they were a Cubs affiliate that year; he got all kind of Cubs stuff and was instantly a fan). Pops got me liking the Cub in the late 1960s and then I eventually moved to Chicago and lived near Wrigley Field. I've rooted for the Cubs more than 50 years now.

Now Nashville offers NFL, NHL and MLS. It's a different dynamic for the young folks growing up in Music City. Vanderbilt (our family loves the university) isn't as big a deal in sports as it was in the 1970s and 1980s due to the city having pro sports.

Times change.