CSNbbs
Who will finish 3rd this year? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigEastbbs (/forum-771.html)
+---- Forum: Big East Conference Talk (/forum-772.html)
+---- Thread: Who will finish 3rd this year? (/thread-882793.html)

Who will finish 3rd this year? - stever20 - 09-14-2019 02:42 PM

1 Villanova
2 Seton Hall

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - Bogg - 09-14-2019 03:21 PM

I'll probably look silly on this, and X is the favorite, but I think Georgetown could really come together nicely. Yurtseven's addition isn't getting the attention I thought it would.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - HuskyU - 09-14-2019 03:44 PM

HuskyU preseason poll (ie the only one that really matters) has:

1. Xavier
2. Nova
3. Georgetown

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - scoscox - 09-14-2019 04:05 PM

Friendly reminder Georgetown finished 100th in kenpom last year. Only depaul was worse. I don’t understand why people are so wildly high on them. They weren’t a good team last year by any stretch.I think they’ll be very lucky to finish in the top half of the league. Feel like I’m taking crazy pills

As for the question I think it will be either seton hall or creighton

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - GoldenWarrior11 - 09-14-2019 04:10 PM

Xavier.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - stever20 - 09-14-2019 09:03 PM

(09-14-2019 04:05 PM)scoscox Wrote:  Friendly reminder Georgetown finished 100th in kenpom last year. Only depaul was worse. I don’t understand why people are so wildly high on them. They weren’t a good team last year by any stretch.I think they’ll be very lucky to finish in the top half of the league. Feel like I’m taking crazy pills

they won 9 conference games last year- and they were 2-5 in close games(6 points or less). 3-6 overall in those games- and it makes some sense, as Georgetown was one of the 100 youngest teams in the country last season.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - scoscox - 09-15-2019 09:00 AM

I understand they were young, although so was every other big east team, but they need a big jump in a better big east to finish where people are predicting they’ll finish. This is a team that lost to depaul by 31 last year, let Myles powell set a big east record on them in the tournament and lost to Harvard at home in the first round of the NIT.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - bill dazzle - 09-15-2019 09:54 AM

(09-14-2019 04:05 PM)scoscox Wrote:  Friendly reminder Georgetown finished 100th in kenpom last year. Only depaul was worse. I don’t understand why people are so wildly high on them. They weren’t a good team last year by any stretch.I think they’ll be very lucky to finish in the top half of the league. Feel like I’m taking crazy pills

To say Georgetown "wasn't a good team" could suggest the Hoyas were bad (which they were not overall). I feel the truth rests somewhere in the middle. They were very average.

GU shows hope for a solid season. A top half of the league finish? Probably not — but not too farfetched.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - stever20 - 09-15-2019 10:18 AM

(09-15-2019 09:00 AM)scoscox Wrote:  I understand they were young, although so was every other big east team, but they need a big jump in a better big east to finish where people are predicting they’ll finish. This is a team that lost to depaul by 31 last year, let Myles powell set a big east record on them in the tournament and lost to Harvard at home in the first round of the NIT.

in a league that was very young, Georgetown was the 2nd youngest(to Creighton) last year according to Ken Pom's experience stat.

They beat all 4 of the league's tourney teams last year.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - scoscox - 09-15-2019 11:14 AM

And they also lost to depaul by 31. I think they’ll be a good team but people are expecting too much. People seem to think they’ll be an elite team at least based on where some people are predicting they’ll finish. They’ll be a good team, probably a tournament team, but they’re not about to be a dominant team

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - bill dazzle - 09-15-2019 01:05 PM

(09-15-2019 11:14 AM)scoscox Wrote:  And they also lost to depaul by 31. I think they’ll be a good team but people are expecting too much. People seem to think they’ll be an elite team at least based on where some people are predicting they’ll finish. They’ll be a good team, probably a tournament team, but they’re not about to be a dominant team

Agree fully.

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - stever20 - 09-15-2019 01:06 PM

I do think what some folks think- that there is a pretty good size gap between 1/2 and everyone else....

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - scoscox - 09-15-2019 01:31 PM

Do you really?

RE: Who will finish 3rd this year? - stever20 - 09-15-2019 01:35 PM

(09-15-2019 01:31 PM)scoscox Wrote:  Do you really?

I don't but I think some easily could.