CSNbbs
Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy (/thread-881009.html)

Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - TroyFootball05 - 08-19-2019 10:33 PM

Iowa linebacker Jayden McDonald has transferred to Troy.

• Georgia 7A Defensive Player of the Year.
• Played at North Gwinnett High School (Suwanee, GA). Won the Georgia 7A State Championship his senior year, in 2017.
• Class of 2018, signed with Iowa. Redshirted.
• Offers from Iowa, Ole Miss, Colorado State, Purdue, Rutgers, UNLV, Toledo, and many others.
• Injuries kept McDonald off the field for the bulk of the 2018 season.

This is the third high profile transfer to Troy this off-season. All three unfortunately will have to sit out a year.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jayden-McDonald-81831/high-school-141954/

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - CardinalBlackTrojan - 08-20-2019 10:36 AM

These guys having to sit out a year only means we'll be loaded again next season. If we can find out who the next QB will be after Barker leaves, we'll be in good shape once again. A lot of players are coming back next season.

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - TroyFootball05 - 08-20-2019 10:51 AM

(08-20-2019 10:36 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  These guys having to sit out a year only means we'll be loaded again next season. If we can find out who the next QB will be after Barker leaves, we'll be in good shape once again. A lot of players are coming back next season.

This year could be a rebuilding year. I hope it's not, but with the three high profile transfers and who we have coming back next season, this year will give some players some much needed experience. It's honestly probably a good thing these transfers have to sit a year, as none of them have had much college experience yet.

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - ericsaid - 08-20-2019 12:07 PM

(08-20-2019 10:51 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(08-20-2019 10:36 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  These guys having to sit out a year only means we'll be loaded again next season. If we can find out who the next QB will be after Barker leaves, we'll be in good shape once again. A lot of players are coming back next season.

This year could be a rebuilding year. I hope it's not, but with the three high profile transfers and who we have coming back next season, this year will give some players some much needed experience. It's honestly probably a good thing these transfers have to sit a year, as none of them have had much college experience yet.

App managed to get a transfer from the Big Ten (and ACC) as well in TD (Touchdown) Roof.

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - eagleskins - 08-20-2019 11:43 PM

I still have no idea why folks get so excited for transfers. They are transfers for a reason.

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - TroyMan88 - 08-21-2019 12:01 AM

(08-20-2019 11:43 PM)eagleskins Wrote:  I still have no idea why folks get so excited for transfers. They are transfers for a reason.

That’s an ignorant comment to make. How do you know why these student-athletes decide to transfer? Secondly, transfers can bring a lot to a program as far as depth and have a great impact overall.

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - CardinalBlackTrojan - 08-21-2019 06:58 AM

(08-20-2019 11:43 PM)eagleskins Wrote:  I still have no idea why folks get so excited for transfers. They are transfers for a reason.

Troy's had many transfers that have made impact on the field.

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - TroyFootball05 - 08-21-2019 10:19 AM

What do you think that reason is, eagleskins?

RE: Iowa Hawkeyes LB Transfers to Troy - stAteNation - 08-21-2019 02:08 PM

I never get excited about transfers. They are such a big unknown. Could be great, could be a bust.