CSNbbs
Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season (/thread-880493.html)

Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 08-09-2019 09:37 PM

It is impossible to overstate how big a loss this is for Pitt. They are already thin at defensive end and he could have been a legitimate candidate for the ACC Defensive Player of the Year. This is a devastating loss as Weaver is definitely Pitt’s best player at an otherwise thin position and his loss will be felt immediately and throughout the entire season.

RE: Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season - Wear Purple - 08-09-2019 09:40 PM

That sucks. Hang in there Panthers. Next man up!!

RE: Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season - Garrettabc - 08-10-2019 06:10 AM

Was he the same guy that was injured before last season too?

RE: Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 08-10-2019 01:51 PM

Well, this happens every year with Pitt, so, it’s hard to keep track. However, last year, I think you’re talking about Quinton Wirginis - who was also likely going to be our best defender but who tore his knee so badly that his playing career is now over.

Fortunately for Wirginis, he comes from big $$$ so it’s not that big of a deal for him personally.

RE: Pitt’s Weaver lost for the season - Pervis_Griffith - 08-10-2019 10:09 PM

(08-10-2019 01:51 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Well, this happens every year with Pitt, so, it’s hard to keep track. However, last year, I think you’re talking about Quinton Wirginis - who was also likely going to be our best defender but who tore his knee so badly that his playing career is now over.

Fortunately for Wirginis, he comes from big $$$ so it’s not that big of a deal for him personally.

I don't know ... not being able to play the sport you grew up playing, at a high enough level to play high D-1 ball, that's still probably a pretty big deal to him. He's lucky that he doesn't have his family counting on him though. So I get what you mean.

Sucks to hear about Weaver. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprises by his replacement.