CSNbbs
Where thete is smoke? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+---- Thread: Where thete is smoke? (/thread-878642.html)

Where thete is smoke? - Purplehazed - 07-03-2019 06:31 AM

Another article, Movin' on up, FCS Power eyeing AAC posted last night...

RE: Where thete is smoke? - panite - 07-10-2019 09:36 AM

(07-03-2019 06:31 AM)Purplehazed Wrote:  Another article, Movin' on up, FCS Power eyeing AAC posted last night...

Is UConn taking James Madison's FB place in the CAA when James Madison moves up to the AAC. Has UConn submitted their application yet for the CAA for FB. Its only a matter of time as they leave the AAC for the BE and they throw their FB program under the bus. 02-13-banana 02-13-banana COGS COGS 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop 04-cheers

RE: Where thete is smoke? - EvanJ - 07-15-2019 09:27 AM

I've heard of schools leaving Division I, but I don't know of any schools that went from FBS to FCS. Their Football travel would be a lot less in the CAA. It would also make the Football schedule pods better geographically. Rhode Island is in the central pod rather than the northern one so Albany and Stony Brook are together.

Actual:
Albany, Maine, New Hampshire, and Stony Brook
Delaware, Rhode Island, Towson, and Villanova
Elon, James Madison, Richmond, and William & Mary

If Connecticut replaced James Madison (a * means moved);
Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island*
Albany*, Delaware, Stony Brook*, and Villanova
Elon, Richmond, Towson*, and William & Mary

The northern pod would have all of its teams in New England, the central pod would have two New York teams and two nearby teams, and the southern pod would have Maryland and farther south.

RE: Where thete is smoke? - HyperDuke - 07-15-2019 11:55 AM

Idaho

RE: Where thete is smoke? - EvanJ - 07-16-2019 10:13 PM

(07-15-2019 11:55 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Idaho
Yes. They were geographically out of place in the Sun Belt. Connecticut is geographically out of place in the AAC. James Madison would have more travel if they went to the AAC. It opens a can of worms if teams can be in different conferences based on how good they are at different sports, especially considering conferences made TV deals that include multiple sports.