CSNbbs
Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN (/thread-878283.html)

Pages: 1 2

Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - msm96wolf - 06-25-2019 09:33 PM

UCONN will be in dire need of football games in 2020 as well as money. Currently, Liberty has two home FCS games for 2020. Would Liberty be willing to move one those games to a future date 2023. Schedule to play UCONN at Home in 2020 for return Home games for 2023 2024 or 25 (If you don't want to play back to back years at home) Seems like a no brainer and not like UCONN can demand alot of money for this option. Right now 2020 has only 3 home games which one is FCS. Get Liberty for 4th game and they probably need to schedule another FCS for 5th home game. Liberty could even possibly squeeze a third game by offering to cover the difference for NC A&T to head up there as the FCS home game and move them to a future date. So they don't have to buyout the game.

Just a thought. Take an advantage of the situation.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Ewglenn - 06-25-2019 10:22 PM

(06-25-2019 09:33 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  UCONN will be in dire need of football games in 2020 as well as money. Currently, Liberty has two home FCS games for 2020. Would Liberty be willing to move one those games to a future date 2023. Schedule to play UCONN at Home in 2020 for return Home games for 2023 2024 or 25 (If you don't want to play back to back years at home) Seems like a no brainer and not like UCONN can demand alot of money for this option. Right now 2020 has only 3 home games which one is FCS. Get Liberty for 4th game and they probably need to schedule another FCS for 5th home game. Liberty could even possibly squeeze a third game by offering to cover the difference for NC A&T to head up there as the FCS home game and move them to a future date. So they don't have to buyout the game.

Just a thought. Take an advantage of the situation.

I’m sure Ian is working the situation. I expect we will help them transition however we can. They are a name brand and it would make sense to get them on our schedule. They are also going to be a closer Indy which means we scratch their back and they scratch ours. Maybe we could work something out where we fill games, like ODU did with us, and in return they give us a home date against their Basketball team.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - army56mike - 06-25-2019 11:22 PM

Ooh, I like the sound of a Liberty vs. UConn basketball game.

I also wonder why we need to do a 2 for 1 with them.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - GE and MTS - 06-26-2019 05:42 AM

I'm all for juggling our schedules to help UConn. I think it would make more sense to just have a continuous home/home alternate schedule with them rather than just a 2/1 even if that benefits us. I'm also very good with replacing any FCS school on our schedule, even if UConn hasn't shown to be much of a step up. If we scratch their back now, hopefully they can scratch our backs later.

On a side note, I like this fresh start for UConn football. They basically were pushed into the deep end and told "learn to swim" by going from FCS to the Big East. Now they can load up on a much easier schedule, get more than 3 wins, perhaps get bowls semi-regularly, and start to build a winning tradition. The general consensus seems to be that this is the first step towards UConn cutting the program, but I'm not so sure. It could be but it could also be the first step towards regrouping and cooking with a slow cooker rather than a microwave and doing things the way every other school did.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 - 06-26-2019 07:12 AM

(06-26-2019 05:42 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I'm all for juggling our schedules to help UConn. I think it would make more sense to just have a continuous home/home alternate schedule with them rather than just a 2/1 even if that benefits us. I'm also very good with replacing any FCS school on our schedule, even if UConn hasn't shown to be much of a step up. If we scratch their back now, hopefully they can scratch our backs later.

On a side note, I like this fresh start for UConn football. They basically were pushed into the deep end and told "learn to swim" by going from FCS to the Big East. Now they can load up on a much easier schedule, get more than 3 wins, perhaps get bowls semi-regularly, and start to build a winning tradition. The general consensus seems to be that this is the first step towards UConn cutting the program, but I'm not so sure. It could be but it could also be the first step towards regrouping and cooking with a slow cooker rather than a microwave and doing things the way every other school did.

I would agree. Let's leverage this for our advantage & theirs.

UConn is wise to go the Indy route, as this will allow them to test & see if they can remain at the FBS level, move to FCS, or just drop it all together.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - WesternSkillet - 06-26-2019 08:56 AM

Looking at the schedule, LU has 6 home games in 20, 21, and 22. LU would likely have to drop a home FCS game to accommodate a UConn road game in those years. Not sure I like a 5 home game schedule. There is potential with scheduling UConn in the future.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 - 06-26-2019 09:00 AM

(06-26-2019 08:56 AM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  Looking at the schedule, LU has 6 home games in 20, 21, and 22. LU would likely have to drop a home FCS game to accommodate a UConn road game in those years. Not sure I like a 5 home game schedule. There is potential with scheduling UConn in the future.

If it had to be a road game, sure. But we have leverage at this time that they do not, as they have to fill their schedule for 2020, & they need both home & away games.

We come to an agreement with them to schedule a game here in 2020, then play at their place in the future.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - WesternSkillet - 06-26-2019 09:49 AM

Also, nutural site games could be interesting.
For LU: 5 home, 6 road, 1 nutural site.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Ewglenn - 06-26-2019 03:33 PM

(06-26-2019 09:49 AM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  Also, nutural site games could be interesting.
For LU: 5 home, 6 road, 1 nutural site.

6 home, 5 road, 1 neutral

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - LibertyOrangeman - 06-26-2019 06:04 PM

Liberty does not need to be a apart of any neutral site game that costs them a home game. We're still trying to build our FBS brand locally and fill seats and neutral sites does nothing to help with those goals, on top of the fact that we're not a good enough draw yet.

Also, helping UCONN out is a no-brainer. I wouldn't be too demanding or one-sided either, although I would try to get some home and homes with their basketball teams. Building good working relationships with as many schools as possible will only help us in the long run with the next round of realignment.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Ewglenn - 06-26-2019 06:36 PM

(06-26-2019 06:04 PM)LibertyOrangeman Wrote:  Liberty does not need to be a apart of any neutral site game that costs them a home game. We're still trying to build our FBS brand locally and fill seats and neutral sites does nothing to help with those goals, on top of the fact that we're not a good enough draw yet.

Also, helping UCONN out is a no-brainer. I wouldn't be too demanding or one-sided either, although I would try to get some home and homes with their basketball teams. Building good working relationships with as many schools as possible will only help us in the long run with the next round of realignment.

That’s my thoughts, maybe a H&H with Men’s and a 2 for 1 with women’s

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - GE and MTS - 06-26-2019 08:01 PM

Another thing about neutral site games: someone (network, stadium, etc.) would have to finance it to be more valuable than a home game for us and our opponent. That wouldn't take much right now but it would also have to be more for us than being a body bag game for some P5. Then they would have to make enough money through ticket sales, advertising, etc. and I just don't see that happening. We don't fill our own stadium but we are going to fill half of one somewhere outside our home area? Look at the neutral site games and who is involved; we aren't on their level yet.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - msm96wolf - 06-26-2019 08:05 PM

(06-26-2019 06:36 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 06:04 PM)LibertyOrangeman Wrote:  Liberty does not need to be a apart of any neutral site game that costs them a home game. We're still trying to build our FBS brand locally and fill seats and neutral sites does nothing to help with those goals, on top of the fact that we're not a good enough draw yet.

All I was suggesting was Liberty being willing to give up a home FCS game in 2020 for a road game to get a 2 -1 deal. Use helping place one the FCS teams on the UCONN Schedule and instead of another game, try for H/H basketball. Seems like a fair trade off. He if you want to schedule more do 3-2 deal.

Liberty gets a good deal, extra FBS home game. Would the fans rather see 2 FCS games or getting 2-1 with the trade and have 2020 be the only 5 home game stretch?

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - GE and MTS - 06-26-2019 08:46 PM

(06-26-2019 08:05 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

All I was suggesting was Liberty being willing to give up a home FCS game in 2020 for a road game to get a 2 -1 deal. Use helping place one the FCS teams on the UCONN Schedule and instead of another game, try for H/H basketball. Seems like a fair trade off. He if you want to schedule more do 3-2 deal.

Liberty gets a good deal, extra FBS home game. Would the fans rather see 2 FCS games or getting 2-1 with the trade and have 2020 be the only 5 home game stretch?

Just so we are clear: Liberty is the 2 home games in the 2-1 series right?

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Ewglenn - 06-27-2019 12:23 AM

(06-26-2019 08:46 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 08:05 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Just so we are clear: Liberty is the 2 home games in the 2-1 series right?

Yeah he isn’t very clear. If Liberty is the 2 homes then sure if not no.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - msm96wolf - 06-27-2019 11:03 AM

Yes, Liberty with Two home games. Makes no sense the other way for Liberty they give up home game

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - LibertyOrangeman - 06-27-2019 05:47 PM

(06-26-2019 08:01 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Another thing about neutral site games: someone (network, stadium, etc.) would have to finance it to be more valuable than a home game for us and our opponent. That wouldn't take much right now but it would also have to be more for us than being a body bag game for some P5. Then they would have to make enough money through ticket sales, advertising, etc. and I just don't see that happening. We don't fill our own stadium but we are going to fill half of one somewhere outside our home area? Look at the neutral site games and who is involved; we aren't on their level yet.
To be fair, attendance is down in all/most sports across the country, but in college football, especially everything non-P5. Also, last year's weather pattern really didn't help anything. We should see a spike in attendance this fall with Freeze building upon a 6-6 record from last year and Syracuse coming to town. I've also heard season ticket sale are up again.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - WesternSkillet - 07-26-2019 12:28 PM

UConn is officially going independent and needs games starting in 2020. Dropping one FCS game in 2020 for UConn looks good to me.

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 - 07-26-2019 12:53 PM

(07-26-2019 12:28 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  UConn is officially going independent and needs games starting in 2020. Dropping one FCS game in 2020 for UConn looks good to me.

I love it!

What if we also tried poaching some of their AAC games? They’re scheduled for UCF, USF, Houston, ECU, Tulane...wouldn’t hurt to try grabbing some of those & upping our profile!

RE: Liberty has an excellent shot to get 2-1 with UCONN - Ewglenn - 07-26-2019 12:53 PM

(07-26-2019 12:28 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  UConn is officially going independent and needs games starting in 2020. Dropping one FCS game in 2020 for UConn looks good to me.

Should be as easy of a win 05-stirthepot