CSNbbs
Who is the best candidate for expansion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Who is the best candidate for expansion (/thread-878075.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Who is the best candidate for expansion - BullsFanInTX - 06-22-2019 07:49 PM

Vote on your best candidate for expansion.

Some have mentioned UAB. Forgot to add them and ran out of options anyway. Sorry Blazer fans.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - TIGERCITY - 06-22-2019 07:53 PM

Of those who I think would accept an invitation -

Liberty
Southern Mississippi
UAB

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - MWC Tex - 06-22-2019 07:54 PM

BYU isn't going to be interested because of Utah.

BSU probably is working some back channel for discussion.

If could vote again, I'd choose other and say Ohio U. I think they could bloom once they get out of the MAC.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - wavefan12 - 06-22-2019 07:58 PM

(06-22-2019 07:53 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Of those who I think would accept an invitation -

Liberty
Southern Mississippi
UAB

Is this serious. Every non-p5 school (outside of maybe the top 2-4 MWC schools would accept.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - Joprior23 - 06-22-2019 08:26 PM

The only two that i think would even think about declining an invitation are BYU and Boise. Not sure why SDSU would say no. I guess they could say no without a travel partner, but they would be leaving a lot of money on the table.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - banker - 06-22-2019 08:48 PM

As an outsider, I would say your league should consider Buffalo. They are a strong academic school (I believe the only public AAU school not in a P5 conference), and have solid recent results in both basketball and football. They are also the #53 TV market.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - NewEnglandBull - 06-22-2019 08:51 PM

(06-22-2019 07:53 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Of those who I think would accept an invitation -

Liberty
Southern Mississippi
UAB

Perhaps the sorriest list Ive ever seen. You should just move back to CUSA with that trash...

Who is the best candidate for expansion - Pony94 - 06-22-2019 08:52 PM

(06-22-2019 08:51 PM)NewEnglandBull Wrote:  

Liberty
Southern Mississippi
UAB

Perhaps the sorriest list Ive ever seen. You should just move back to CUSA with that trash...

Seconded

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - Bearcats#1 - 06-22-2019 08:54 PM

(06-22-2019 08:52 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 08:51 PM)NewEnglandBull Wrote:  

Liberty
Southern Mississippi
UAB

Seconded

thirded

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - Noodles - 06-22-2019 09:01 PM

Embarrassing how C-USA schools wet their pants every time the AAC sneezes.
Instead of fighting to overcome the odds and become a better conference, everybody wants to join the bastards.

USM should never want to be associated with the lying, greedy, disloyal schools of the AAC.
We're not a good fit, for sure.

Who is the best candidate for expansion - Pony94 - 06-22-2019 09:06 PM

(06-22-2019 09:01 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Embarrassing how C-USA schools wet their pants every time the AAC sneezes.
Instead of fighting to overcome the odds and become a better conference, everybody wants to join the bastards.

USM should never want to be associated with the lying, greedy, disloyal schools of the AAC.

Thank you

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - Fo Shizzle - 06-22-2019 09:12 PM

No brainer with BYU. It ain't happening however.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - grapes - 06-22-2019 09:14 PM

Add BYU and/or Boise and the AAC is a better conference than with Connecticut.

If not stay at 11 until the Big 12 rings our doorbell

DONT. TOUCH. CUSA.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - Joprior23 - 06-22-2019 09:21 PM

(06-22-2019 09:14 PM)grapes Wrote:  Add BYU and/or Boise and the AAC is a better conference than with Connecticut.

If not stay at 11 until the Big 12 rings our doorbell

DONT. TOUCH. CUSA.

Yes. And I’ll add. Do not touch the Sunbelt, MAC, or Liberty.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - TIGERCITY - 06-22-2019 09:34 PM

I think one of the more important things that should be considered when looking at a new school is location. Liberty or Southern Miss or UAB are relatively close to AAC schools. Also they are decent programs and will accepting invitation.

Sorry but Boise State and BYU arent walking through that door. In fact I don't think we could get any one of the first five in the list In the OP. As stated, part of the problem with this conference is that we're all spread out and, even if the numbers are right otherwise, the geography and fan interest wouldn't be - just like UConn.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - 40smokingcannon - 06-22-2019 09:38 PM

Old Dominion
Add a new state
Men's and women's basketball history
Top 50 tv market
New football stadium
Fans care about football, basketball
Decent baseball, access to Triple A park
Good academics
Huge metro
Navy base, tie in with NAVY
Good athletic budget
Proximity to some other AAC schools
International airport
Looked down upon by in-state ACC programs which gives them a chip.....like a lot of AAC schools
Better candidate than most I can think of.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - PuddlePirate - 06-22-2019 09:39 PM

(06-22-2019 09:01 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Embarrassing how C-USA schools wet their pants every time the AAC sneezes.

I think the problem with USM at this point is athletics revenue and institutional profile/endowment. AAC schools have poured hundreds of millions of dollars of investment into athletics and academics over the past few years. Speaking for ECU specifically, we have a collage of engineering and a dental school since leaving C-USA. Also, we’re currently completing a $60 mil. stadium upgrade. Enrollment has increased to nearly 30k. We’re also in the silent phase of fundraising for increasing the endowment. I haven’t seen that type of investment from USM. If I’m wrong I’d gladly be corrected. Otherwise, I like USM and always have.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - TIGERCITY - 06-22-2019 09:40 PM

Because of the way this conference is geographically constructed we don't have any real rivalries and as a consequence lots of empty gyms and stadiums on game day. There's only one decent rivalry in this conference and it's USF and UCF and you only have to look at a map figure out why.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - KNIGHTTIME - 06-22-2019 09:42 PM

(06-22-2019 09:38 PM)40smokingcannon Wrote:  Old Dominion
Add a new state
Men's and women's basketball history
Top 50 tv market
New football stadium
Fans care about football, basketball
Decent baseball, access to Triple A park
Good academics
Huge metro
Navy base, tie in with NAVY
Good athletic budget
Proximity to some other AAC schools
International airport
Looked down upon by in-state ACC programs which gives them a chip.....like a lot of AAC schools
Better candidate than most I can think of.

If we have to an all sports on the east coast then I would go ODU. I would rather go VCU and a football school.

RE: Who is the best candidate for expansion - Noodles - 06-22-2019 09:46 PM

(06-22-2019 09:39 PM)PuddlePirate Wrote:  

I think the problem with USM at this point is athletics revenue and institutional profile/endowment. AAC schools have poured hundreds of millions of dollars of investment into athletics and academics over the past few years. Speaking for ECU specifically, we have a collage of engineering and a dental school since leaving C-USA. Also, we’re currently completing a $60 mil. stadium upgrade. Enrollment has increased to nearly 30k. We’re also in the silent phase of fundraising for increasing the endowment. I haven’t seen that type of investment from USM. If I’m wrong I’d gladly be corrected. Otherwise, I like USM and always have.

You ******* all brag about spending more money after you were given more money. We get more out of a dollar than any school in the country. Our fans quit on USM when all of you walked away and left us high and dry, after we carried your sorry asses for years.
To hell with the lot of you.