CSNbbs
Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? (/thread-878061.html)

Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - chess - 06-22-2019 03:41 PM

Hey Koch Brothers! -Care to move a scholarship team from Hartford to Wichita?

Welcome, Shockers football program!

04-cheers

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - Lush - 06-22-2019 04:19 PM

coach of the year

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - MTXE - 06-22-2019 06:18 PM

Sha-wang!

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - shere khan - 06-22-2019 07:02 PM

(06-22-2019 03:41 PM)chess Wrote:  Hey Koch Brothers! -Care to move a scholarship team from Hartford to Wichita?

04-cheers

I thought uconn gave up football a few years ago

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - Chappy - 06-22-2019 07:12 PM

While we're moving teams, can SMU buy Dallas Baptist's baseball team?

Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - Pony94 - 06-22-2019 07:15 PM

(06-22-2019 07:12 PM)Chappy Wrote:  While we're moving teams, can SMU buy Dallas Baptist's baseball team?

I just found out we had the chance to buy Southwestern Medical School and said no in the 60’s and then Texas Instruments wanted to partner with us and we again said no so they went and started UTD and that school now has 30,000 students.

Smu could be a huge school.

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - GrayBeard - 06-23-2019 07:15 AM

(06-22-2019 07:02 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 03:41 PM)chess Wrote:  Hey Koch Brothers! -Care to move a scholarship team from Hartford to Wichita?

04-cheers

I thought uconn gave up football a few years ago

Losing to Mo is not quite the same as giving up football. It’s worse.

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - Shockertropic - 06-24-2019 07:28 PM

A total impossibility, I know, but what poetic justice would it be if we could take the team from the program brought to division 1 football by the same butt-lick AD responsible for killing WSU’s football program!04-chairshot

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - justinslot - 06-24-2019 10:33 PM

I was going to start a thread but this one might be close enough to my purposes...Wichita people, does UConn leaving affect you at all? Like, is there pining to go back to playing Evansville and Indiana State the way UConn wants to play St John's and Seton Hall cuz the teams from far far away aren't putting the butts in the seats?

And to echo the OP, if there was ever a moment for a Koch brother to buy you a football team, this is it.

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - geosnooker2000 - 06-24-2019 11:14 PM

Here, here!!! This is what needs to happen.

RE: Does Connecticut's Randy Edsall move football staff and team to Wichita? - Rocky Mountain Shock - 06-24-2019 11:29 PM

(06-24-2019 10:33 PM)justinslot Wrote:  I was going to start a thread but this one might be close enough to my purposes...Wichita people, does UConn leaving affect you at all? Like, is there pining to go back to playing Evansville and Indiana State the way UConn wants to play St John's and Seton Hall cuz the teams from far far away aren't putting the butts in the seats?

And to echo the OP, if there was ever a moment for a Koch brother to buy you a football team, this is it.

Well, yes UConn's departure is a setback for the AAC's perception and its potential. I think we're lucky in a sense that UConn was mostly underperforming during its time in the AAC, so we won't actually see a substantial drop off in the conference's post season results or NET rating.

But good God no, there is NO pining to go back to playing Evansville or Indiana State--or even good teams like Northern Iowa or Illinois State or Loyola. The top half of the AAC is so much better than anything the MVC puts on the court, not to mention it's pretty obvious the bottom of the conference is taking steps to improve drastically.

I think most WSU fans feel losing UConn sucks, but as Memphis has proved, the conference ain't the reason they were struggling so perhaps it's best they move on.