CSNbbs
UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" (/thread-878026.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Tiger1983 - 06-22-2019 09:39 AM

Out of the blue, several reports have been placed mentioning UConn to the BE. Mods, I think the possible development is C-USA related, but please feel free to delete the thread.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - BlueRaiderBoy - 06-22-2019 09:58 AM

Rumors and speculation are always fun to look at in the summer since college sports takes a big back seat for most of us this time of year. I can see why UCONN would like to be in Big East for basketball. But, I can't imagine their unsuccessful struggling Football Program (or their Athletic Department or other UCONN powers that be)) finding themselves in the financially weak, nomadic travellers currently known as CUSA. Personally, I'd love to have MT play them every year. Don't really see this happening.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - THUNDERStruck73 - 06-22-2019 10:33 AM

Well, I’ll say this: If this whole thing is being set up for a fb only invite to CUSA, then this would be the DUMBEST thing that useless, a-hole with tastebuds commissioner has done and she should be fired yesterday.

UCONN should drop back to FCS.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - MarshallHerdFanz - 06-22-2019 10:34 AM

I could see ODU being picked, which would in fact suck but why wouldn’t ODU accept. I know it’s not popular but either pick up App State or have Liberty pay a bunch to join the conference.

In my opinion the worst case scenario for me is Charlotte or WKU being picked. I like the rivalry with WKU and it'd hurt if they got chosen over us. As for Charlotte I just really loving being conference mates with Charlotte.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - goodknightfl - 06-22-2019 10:47 AM

(06-22-2019 10:34 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  I could see ODU being picked, which would in fact suck but why wouldn’t ODU accept. I know it’s not popular but either pick up App State or have Liberty pay a bunch to join the conference.

In my opinion the worst case scenario for me is Charlotte or WKU being picked. I like the rivalry with WKU and it'd hurt if they got chosen over us. As for Charlotte I just really loving being conference mates with Charlotte.

I think WKU and ODU are the best choices in the East, or AAC could try to take the head off of the MWC. but who knows what AAC leadership would be thinking.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - THUNDERStruck73 - 06-22-2019 10:47 AM

I think the first thing they’ll do is put out feelers to teams in the MWC and BYU first. BYU will decline outright. Perhaps they try to woo Boise. In either case, i doubt it happens.

Then, I think they’ll take a long look at Buffalo. UMASS isn’t ready and there’s nobody else in New England worth taking. Failing that, there are a few schools: ODU, Charlotte, and GAST that fit the mold. UNT has no baseball. FIU fb stadium is subpar. And, does the AAC want three schools in FL? FAU would have the inside track I would think if they're going back into FL.

As much as I would LOVE it to be us, I’d give us a less than 5% chance.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Blazer88 - 06-22-2019 10:51 AM

UAB will go

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - THUNDERStruck73 - 06-22-2019 10:51 AM

(06-22-2019 10:47 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 10:34 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  I could see ODU being picked, which would in fact suck but why wouldn’t ODU accept. I know it’s not popular but either pick up App State or have Liberty pay a bunch to join the conference.

I think WKU and ODU are the best choices in the East, or AAC could try to take the head off of the MWC. but who knows what AAC leadership would be thinking.
What? The AAC is not going into Bowling Green KY for a school with a <$30MM budget and average to poor attendance. Nothing against WKU - they’re not coming to Huntington either.

ODU fits.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Green Menace - 06-22-2019 10:58 AM

(06-22-2019 10:47 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  I think the first thing they’ll do is put out feelers to teams in the MWC and BYU first. BYU will decline outright. Perhaps they try to woo Boise. In either case, i doubt it happens.

Then, I think they’ll take a long look at Buffalo. UMASS isn’t ready and there’s nobody else in New England worth taking. Failing that, there are a few schools: ODU, Charlotte, and GAST that fit the mold. UNT has no baseball. FIU fb stadium is subpar. And, does the AAC want three schools in FL? FAU would have the inside track I would think if they're going back into FL.

As much as I would LOVE it to be us, I’d give us a less than 5% chance.

SMUt has no baseball either.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Ourland - 06-22-2019 11:08 AM

UCONN is probably about to drop football. It's on life support and costing them tons of money. If the AAC decides to replace them, Marshall, Army, and Old Dominion are probably the best candidates.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - hooverblazer - 06-22-2019 11:10 AM

I think yall are sleeping on UAB.

New stadium on the way, football success since the return (defending conference champs/good attendance), Clark signed to $1.5M contract through 2024 (nice G5 contract), Birmingham market, basketball history, recent facility upgrades (football facility w/ covered practice field, new soccer stadium, new track facility, renovated weight room), upper tier CUSA budget, strong enrollment growth, and (from a president's perspective) good academics & a medical research powerhouse.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Noodles - 06-22-2019 11:12 AM

When we lose UAB, please do not add another school.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - grapes - 06-22-2019 11:13 AM

HOLY CRAP CUSA ONE OF YOU GUYS MIGHT GET AN INVITE EVERYONE FIGHT

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - loki_the_bubba - 06-22-2019 11:16 AM

(06-22-2019 11:13 AM)grapes Wrote:  HOLY CRAP CUSA ONE OF YOU GUYS MIGHT GET AN INVITE EVERYONE FIGHT

I think we'll sit this one out.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - The Knight Time - 06-22-2019 11:20 AM

Personally I'd very much welcome an invite to Marshall.

That said, I think the interest will go like this:

- Call BYU
- If no, Call Army/Air Force and VCU and invite them on FB only and BB only basis

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - loki_the_bubba - 06-22-2019 11:25 AM

(06-22-2019 11:20 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  Personally I'd very much welcome an invite to Marshall.

That said, I think the interest will go like this:

- Call BYU
- If no, Call Army/Air Force and VCU and invite them on FB only and BB only basis

Why would AF even consider FB only? They would have to park the rest of their programs somewhere like the WAC and that's a big step down.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - stanman505 - 06-22-2019 11:29 AM

I wish the Sun Bowl would help UTEP out and guarantee the AAC conference champion a spot in the Sun Bowl. It would be great to help split the conference travel a bit and put UTEP in the west with Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane and Memphis. This will be a big year for UTEP athletics.

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - EagNBran - 06-22-2019 11:37 AM

(06-22-2019 10:51 AM)Blazer88 Wrote:  UAB will go

One decent year of football with a bunch of 25 year olds and suddenly everyone wants you...

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - THUNDERStruck73 - 06-22-2019 11:44 AM

(06-22-2019 11:37 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  

One decent year of football with a bunch of 25 year olds and suddenly everyone wants you...

^

RE: UConn "On Verge of Joining BE" - Blazer88 - 06-22-2019 11:49 AM

(06-22-2019 11:37 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  

Plus the new facilities, stadium, bigger budget, and larger football contracts