CSNbbs
Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays (/thread-877371.html)

Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays - Almadenmike - 06-05-2019 02:37 PM

Round 27 .. 807th pick.

RE: Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays - waltgreenberg - 06-05-2019 03:12 PM

Hopefully, he continues his rehab (which i've heard is well ahead of schedule) and returns to Rice for his senior year. He could be a difference maker if healthy.

RE: Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays - Houston Owl - 06-05-2019 03:48 PM

Question: If he returns next year, would he not still have negotiating ability after the year since he could conceivably return for his 5th year if he elected to do so....If that's the case, I see a greater likelihood that he would return to Rice next year.

RE: Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays - waltgreenberg - 06-05-2019 03:53 PM

(06-05-2019 03:48 PM)Houston Owl Wrote:  Question: If he returns next year, would he not still have negotiating ability after the year since he could conceivably return for his 5th year if he elected to do so....If that's the case, I see a greater likelihood that he would return to Rice next year.

Of course, but being picked in the 27th round he doesn't exactly have negotiating flexibility now.

RE: Roel Garcia drafted by the Blue Jays - Fort Bend Owl - 06-05-2019 04:36 PM

(06-05-2019 03:48 PM)Houston Owl Wrote:  Question: If he returns next year, would he not still have negotiating ability after the year since he could conceivably return for his 5th year if he elected to do so....If that's the case, I see a greater likelihood that he would return to Rice next year.

He's young (birthdate is 11/21/98 so that makes him almost half a year younger than Trei Cruz for example). I would think that would play to his advantage too. Even if he returns next year, he'd still be just 21 for next year's draft.

I'm sure he's got lots of pluses and minuses to consider in his decision.