CSNbbs
New GoGo Offense - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: New GoGo Offense (/thread-875565.html)

New GoGo Offense - WMSportsBlog - 05-01-2019 09:44 PM

New W&M OC Brennan Marion has come in with a lot of hype for his new GoGo system -- so we decided to do our research.

For those of us who weren't able to attend the Spring Game, and because it wasn't on Tribe TV, we analyzed game footage from Howard last season.

Curious to see from those of you on these boards if what you saw at the Spring Game largely reflected what we noted in the article below. What is everyone expecting out of the O this year? Can't be any worse than last year. 04-cheers

Check out our new article below (complete with GIFs and video analysis/breakdown).

LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2019/05/02/first-look-wms-new-look-gogo-offense-gifs-included/

RE: New GoGo Offense - WMSportsBlog - 05-01-2019 10:16 PM

And we forgot to mention this the other day, but Episode 3 of our podcast came out this week, so check that out if you'd like too (it's on Spotify & Apple Podcasts -- subscribe!)

Podcast: https://wmsportsblog.com/2019/04/29/wmsb-podcast-episode-3-tribe-football-dane-fischer-contract-and-otod/

RE: New GoGo Offense - Tribe3455 - 05-01-2019 10:38 PM

(05-01-2019 09:44 PM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  New W&M OC Brennan Marion has come in with a lot of hype for his new GoGo system -- so we decided to do our research.

For those of us who weren't able to attend the Spring Game, and because it wasn't on Tribe TV, we analyzed game footage from Howard last season.

Curious to see from those of you on these boards if what you saw at the Spring Game largely reflected what we noted in the article below. What is everyone expecting out of the O this year? Can't be any worse than last year. 04-cheers

Check out our new article below (complete with GIFs and video analysis/breakdown).

LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2019/05/02/first-look-wms-new-look-gogo-offense-gifs-included/

I think this is a really good breakdown of the gogo. I was very interested to see the offense in action at the spring game but came away with the realization we are still really new at it and I probably expected too much. The 1s ran the ball really well but it was against a depleted 2nd team defense. The 2s really didn't do much against the number one defense but did break off a few nice plays.

Bottom line: our offense will have more of an advantage against a defense that doesn't see them every day. And will physically wear some teams down just through pace alone. But never forget Howard's offense, while really good, never faced UVa, Towson, Delaware etc type defenses. One of our qbs will have to take the reins soon to make it work.

Loved the podcast by the way

New GoGo Offense - zablenoise - 05-01-2019 10:42 PM

The GoGo looks so weird. I think it's cool that we can essentially run multiple sets of plays out of the same look but its hard to get over how strange it looks.

Hopefully the look will have nothing to do with how effective it is and we put up big numbers next season.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

RE: New GoGo Offense - Tribeheart - 05-02-2019 01:23 AM

It may be an unusual offense, but players still have to execute on both sides of the ball for us to get back to where we want to be. It was not a guaranteed high scoring offense every week for Howard the last two years. An average Richmond team throttled Howard, 68-21, two weeks after Howard's opening weekend upset of UNLV two years ago.

It may have some element of surprise and adjustment for opponents the first time through the conference this year, but we have outstanding coaches in this league who will adapt.

One of our scheduling advantages this year is that only Rhody has an extra week to prepare for us. With the game on Friday night, UVA will have a shorter week to prepare. I hope we are able to limit what we show the week before against Lafayette. We are, also, fortunate that we have an extra week to prepare for JMU.

We will miss Nate because of his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I hope we will be adaptable enough to effectively adjust the offense to our current personnel. Nick Muse is as talented of a beast at TE as we've had, and needs to be utilized.

RE: New GoGo Offense - Tribe4SF - 05-03-2019 06:47 AM

(05-02-2019 01:23 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  I hope we will be adaptable enough to effectively adjust the offense to our current personnel. Nick Muse is as talented of a beast at TE as we've had, and needs to be utilized.

If you attended the Spring Game you saw the adjustments. Frequent use of two TEs at the same time. Muse in a variety of spots. Tyler Crist running the ball. Creative mix of Wright, Funderburke and Anderson. Seems to me the staff went into Spring with a clear idea of what we have and how to use it effectively.

RE: New GoGo Offense - Tribeheart - 05-03-2019 12:36 PM

Thanks for the insight, Sandy.