CSNbbs
Cameron Brown to St Joes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Cameron Brown to St Joes (/thread-875531.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cameron Brown to St Joes - Tribal - 05-01-2019 12:19 PM

I can't wait to read the spin on this.

[Image: d1fd312f0cacd46784bbfdd4d6662b05.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Tribe32 - 05-01-2019 12:25 PM

Well, that's the end of getting better recruits year over year.

Cameron Brown to St Joes - zablenoise - 05-01-2019 12:31 PM

This is not great

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Cameron Brown to St Joes - mrjoolius - 05-01-2019 12:32 PM

Big blow. Gotta regroup and fill these holes

Coaches need to find a way to save Chase & LJ

Cameron Brown to St Joes - ColonelEbirt - 05-01-2019 12:33 PM

Really disappointing. I thought the Brown save was one of the easier ones, with his deep W&M familial connections. I won’t hold Dane & staff accountable for this, but at a minimum, it’s a terrible missed opportunity for them to put an early win on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameron Brown to St Joes - Naptown Tribe - 05-01-2019 12:34 PM

Ugh ..... so have at least 4 open scholarships to fill and no known offers even ... this sucks ...

Best wishes to Cam; would’ve loved to see you in the Green and Gold!

We need some good news and good recruits asap

Cameron Brown to St Joes - ColonelEbirt - 05-01-2019 12:37 PM

(And in the land of analyzing college student social media behavior...) LJ being one of the first people to like his announcement on Twitter is not a great sign either.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - WMTRIBE75 - 05-01-2019 12:37 PM

(05-01-2019 12:19 PM)Tribal Wrote:  I can't wait to read the spin on this.

[Image: d1fd312f0cacd46784bbfdd4d6662b05.jpg]

As angry and depressed as I have been through this debacle, I have kept reminding myself that there are some gray areas when determining at whose feet I should place my anger, frustration, and overall sadness about what next year should have been. For this particular event, however, I have absolutely no problem finding my way to the correct set of feet. Samantha Huge, this one is on you.

I apologize if I should have posted this on the snarky thread.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Tribal - 05-01-2019 12:38 PM

(05-01-2019 12:37 PM)ColonelEbirt Wrote:  (And in the land of analyzing college student social media behavior...) LJ being one of the first people to like his announcement on Twitter is not a great sign either.

And Chase.

Interesting, Owens just removed his "like."

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - nj alum - 05-01-2019 12:49 PM

When Shaver was here and Martelli was there, Brown was coming here.

With Shaver’s replacement here, and Martelli’s replacement there, Brown is going there.

Both schools with new coaches, and Brown is going there?

Elon and St. Joe’s having early success with new coaching staffs, apparently at our expense.

Not a pretty picture at all.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Tribeheart - 05-01-2019 12:50 PM

Well, it is, also, somewhat of an indictment on our existing players not attempting to, or being able to, convince Brown to stay with his commitment. Players commit based on their prospective teammates, as much as the school and the coach.

I think we're going to see W&M recruitment fall back significantly.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - nj alum - 05-01-2019 12:53 PM

To all of us that were looking so forward to 2019-2020:

- Shaver gone
- Pierce not coming back
- Jon gone
- Matt gone
- Brown gone

I’m sorry that we won’t be seeing Brown cut down the nets in March, 2020 in Washington, D.C.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Tribal - 05-01-2019 12:54 PM

(05-01-2019 12:50 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Well, it is, also, somewhat of an indictment on our existing players not attempting to, or being able to, convince Brown to stay with his commitment. Players commit based on their prospective teammates, as much as the school and the coach.
Pretty hard to convince him when those very players are exploring othe options.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - mrjoolius - 05-01-2019 12:57 PM

(05-01-2019 12:54 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(05-01-2019 12:50 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Well, it is, also, somewhat of an indictment on our existing players not attempting to, or being able to, convince Brown to stay with his commitment. Players commit based on their prospective teammates, as much as the school and the coach.
Pretty hard to convince him when those very players are exploring othe options.

I don't know for a fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if lj or Chase was his host when visiting here for his official.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Tribeheart - 05-01-2019 01:07 PM

(05-01-2019 12:38 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(05-01-2019 12:37 PM)ColonelEbirt Wrote:  (And in the land of analyzing college student social media behavior...) LJ being one of the first people to like his announcement on Twitter is not a great sign either.

And Chase.

Interesting, Owens just removed his "like."

LJ's like is still there.

Both, LJ and Chase were recruited very hard by St Joe's and Martelli.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - WMTribe90 - 05-01-2019 01:25 PM

The W&M MBB program lacks resources, a major conference affiliation, top-tier facilities, a history of sustained success, and name recognition.

The best thing we had going for us was the trajectory of recent success achieved under Coach Shaver. Absent Coach Shaver, current players and recruits have no reason to believe W&M will sustain or build upon that momentum.

When Cam had a choice between WM with Shaver at the helm and St. Joes, he chose WM despite St Joe's having more resources, better conference affiliation, historical success, etc. Without Shaver, he went with St. Joe's despite his family connections. Who can blame him?

The bigger issue is not one recruit's decision. The real problem is why would any recruit (with good MM options) choose WM now that the coach that was responsible for the only sustained success in the past 35ish years is gone??

If we lose any more players, it's basically 2003 all over again, but this time with one-bid league and a first-time HC.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - FauqDawg10 - 05-01-2019 03:45 PM

This is the first significant repercussion beyond next year. So my anger at the way this all went down can no longer be contained to the great opportunity we squandered for the upcoming season.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Paulbintheburg - 05-01-2019 04:12 PM

Well the proposed new coach could wave his own LOI (not his contract, because that isn't signed yet, guess they're waiting for midnight madness) and say "Look I have a LOI, its easy, you should sign one too!"

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Zorch - 05-01-2019 04:20 PM

(05-01-2019 01:07 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Both, LJ and Chase were recruited very hard by St Joe's and Martelli.

(05-01-2019 01:25 PM)WMTribe90 Wrote:  The W&M MBB program lacks resources, a major conference affiliation, top-tier facilities, a history of sustained success, and name recognition.

The best thing we had going for us was the trajectory of recent success achieved under Coach Shaver. Absent Coach Shaver, current players and recruits have no reason to believe W&M will sustain or build upon that momentum.

When Cam had a choice between WM with Shaver at the helm and St. Joes, he chose WM despite St Joe's having more resources, better conference affiliation, historical success, etc. Without Shaver, he went with St. Joe's despite his family connections.

Well said. It just goes to show what a great job Shaver and his staff had done with recruiting, to get good players/good kids to come to W&M instead of to schools with much more name recognition.

Looking for even the very smallest nugget of good news in all this ...all I can come up with is that at least Brown isn't going to Elon.

RE: Cameron Brown to St Joes - Dukester - 05-01-2019 04:22 PM

On the bright side, there are much better seat options in the CAA playin/JMU invitational round.

04-cheers