CSNbbs
Placeholder for MBB News - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Placeholder for MBB News (/thread-875241.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Placeholder for MBB News - tribeinexile - 04-25-2019 08:23 AM

This has been tried before but let’s try again.

Let’s save this thread for actual NEWS regarding MBB. No fulminating, snarky commentary, projections, advice or other internecine warfare.

This would save a lot of wear and tear on those of us who just want to know the most recent developments.

Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-25-2019 08:55 AM

I like the idea. I don't think it will work though. I'm not sure as a board that we can post without added snark. I tend to just ignore or scroll past the stuff that is just noise.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - bubbadog57 - 04-25-2019 11:15 AM

Agree 100%...and to start it off some decent news: Fischer's staff has been hired and completed (as of last week) and irs announcement awaits the completion of the State of Virginia's hiring regulations.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - zablenoise - 04-25-2019 11:33 AM

(04-25-2019 11:15 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Agree 100%...and to start it off some decent news: Fischer's staff has been hired and completed (as of last week) and irs announcement awaits the completion of the State of Virginia's hiring regulations.

This is great news!

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-25-2019 11:35 AM

(04-25-2019 11:15 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Agree 100%...and to start it off some decent news: Fischer's staff has been hired and completed (as of last week) and irs announcement awaits the completion of the State of Virginia's hiring regulations.
That is important news! How do these hires not leak? You'd think we'd get some clue.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - Naptown Tribe - 04-25-2019 12:34 PM

Good news! What I don't understand is the practical implementation of VA's hiring regulations. VA Tech hired Mike Young after we hired Fischer I believe, but he has already hired and announced his assistants who I'm sure are already hot on the recruiting trail.

What's the difference here between our situation and theirs? Why do we have to wait if as you say, they're already in place, and VT didn't? Would love to have our guys working on player development, and recruiting both our current players and new players.

Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-25-2019 12:40 PM

My guess is that there is a general agreement in place. The holdup is ironing out the contract related and not Virginia bureaucracy related.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - billymac - 04-25-2019 01:39 PM

Still amazed that no leaks have been heard. This group could do a commercial for Depends...no leaks.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - TribeInTheBurg - 04-25-2019 07:32 PM

It is impressive. They run a pretty tight ship.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - WillaMary08 - 04-26-2019 09:06 AM

Will there be an announcement soon or are things still being held up?

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-26-2019 09:12 AM

(04-26-2019 09:06 AM)WillaMary08 Wrote:  

Will there be an announcement soon or are things still being held up?
I think this is speculation about the speculation

Placeholder for MBB News - Tribal - 04-26-2019 11:21 AM

New assistants are named. Now, I know why it too so long to introduce them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - billymac - 04-26-2019 11:35 AM

Here is the story.

https://tribeathletics.com/news/2019/4/25/dane-fischer-announces-mens-basketball-staff-at-william-mary.aspx

Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-26-2019 11:36 AM

Assistants seem solid enough. My only gripe is the same as the previous staff. Where is my big man coach? Perhaps Howland or Kemp is a decent big man coach, but it seems like a group of former guards.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - Tribeheart - 04-26-2019 01:57 PM

(04-26-2019 11:36 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Assistants seem solid enough. My only gripe is the same as the previous staff. Where is my big man coach? Perhaps Howland or Kemp is a decent big man coach, but it seems like a group of former guards.

Certainly provides no ammunition for Nathan to feel returning to the team would give him the coaching and environment needed for his development next year, as opposed to playing a year overseas.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - Tribe32 - 04-26-2019 02:07 PM

So we got a guy with a lot of real experience (Kemp) and another guy with two years of real assistant coaching experience (Howland). Kept Boatner so that we would have continuity. Let's hope for the best.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - Tribeheart - 04-26-2019 03:08 PM

Good to see Chase like the hiring and resume summary for Howland, as well as, see Kemp immediately start following the players. Time to circle the wagons. In addition, it appears Kemp was already involved with Burke Smith and Jackson Threadgill, as both follow him.

Now need some good player news, both, with existing and recruits.

Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-26-2019 03:14 PM

Agreed. Now that the staffing question marks are filled in, need to get to the big off season priorities. Normalcy and stability will go a long way.

1. Return of Chase & LJ
2. Recommitment of Cam Brown
3. Get a couple more 2019 commits or transfers to fill the Pierce/Milon void.

Nate will work his situation out, but it is out of the hands of the staff.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - TribeInTheBurg - 04-27-2019 11:08 AM

(04-26-2019 01:57 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  
(04-26-2019 11:36 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Assistants seem solid enough. My only gripe is the same as the previous staff. Where is my big man coach? Perhaps Howland or Kemp is a decent big man coach, but it seems like a group of former guards.

Certainly provides no ammunition for Nathan to feel returning to the team would give him the coaching and environment needed for his development next year, as opposed to playing a year overseas.

Yeah, I mean look at how many players have gone from borderline to draft locks by swapping their senior year for one European pro season.

RE: Placeholder for MBB News - mrjoolius - 04-27-2019 12:06 PM

(04-27-2019 11:08 AM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  
(04-26-2019 01:57 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  

Yeah, I mean look at how many players have gone from borderline to draft locks by swapping their senior year for one European pro season.
If pro ball is his primary goal, taking a year and working full time with a skill trainer, strength coach, and nutritionist would definitely be appealing. If getting his degree and competing for a championship is what he wants, W&M is a fine choice. It really comes down to what he wants in his heart and what his advisors tell him.