CSNbbs
Curtis still planning to come - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Curtis still planning to come (/thread-874485.html)

Pages: 1 2

Curtis still planning to come - EffinBJ - 04-09-2019 04:11 PM

for now anyway. wonder how MC leaving impacts JC's decision.

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/3413793002?__twitter_impression=true

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Yawny - 04-09-2019 04:23 PM

He's on zero draft boards and is a junior coming off a first round loss in the tournament.

There's pretty much no way he was leaving before Mick took the UCLA job and there's not a higher chance now. He might be more likely to ask for a transfer now. But leave for the pros? Nah.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - skylinecat - 04-09-2019 04:27 PM

(04-09-2019 04:23 PM)Yawny Wrote:  He's on zero draft boards and is a junior coming off a first round loss in the tournament.

There's pretty much no way he was leaving before Mick took the UCLA job and there's not a higher chance now. He might be more likely to ask for a transfer now. But leave for the pros? Nah.

I'd be much more worried about him saying eff it and leaving to play in Europe. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to make 250K a year and hang out with a bunch of women in Greece in one of the top tier Euro Leagues. I think his style of play fits that league much better than the NBA and there is certainly money to be made there.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Bearcats#1 - 04-09-2019 04:28 PM

JC won't get drafted, no worry there.

He may elect to go G League or over seas, sure, but he isn't getting drafted. Not right now.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - UCbball21 - 04-09-2019 04:33 PM

(04-09-2019 04:28 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  JC won't get drafted, no worry there.

He may elect to go G League or over seas, sure, but he isn't getting drafted. Not right now.

I wonder if the next coach could entice Jarron to stay by offering his cousin, Jaevin Cumberland, a grad transfer who would actually be a quality addition to our current roster.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Bearcats#1 - 04-09-2019 04:36 PM

(04-09-2019 04:33 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  

I wonder if the next coach could entice Jarron to stay by offering his cousin, Jaevin Cumberland, a grad transfer who would actually be a quality addition to our current roster.

I mean, at this point JC has ONE year left. I assume everybody on the team, JC included is going to at least let the new coach be named and have a one v one with said coach to see if they like what they hear.

If any player does this and then they STILL want to leave, no problem.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Yawny - 04-09-2019 05:44 PM

(04-09-2019 04:27 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  
(04-09-2019 04:23 PM)Yawny Wrote:  He's on zero draft boards and is a junior coming off a first round loss in the tournament.

I'd be much more worried about him saying eff it and leaving to play in Europe. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to make 250K a year and hang out with a bunch of women in Greece in one of the top tier Euro Leagues. I think his style of play fits that league much better than the NBA and there is certainly money to be made there.

While I think it's possible that it just became a more attractive option for him, I don't see him leaving early because of it. A mediocre year for the team isn't going to make him any less attractive to European teams and a good year could put him on some draft boards.

If I had to put money on it, he stays.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - BigDawg - 04-09-2019 09:28 PM

He has a chance to be a top 5 all time great at UC and a shot to be an All American and boost his draft chances. So i don't think he is leaving.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - bearcat54 - 04-11-2019 08:54 AM

(04-09-2019 04:36 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

I mean, at this point JC has ONE year left. I assume everybody on the team, JC included is going to at least let the new coach be named and have a one v one with said coach to see if they like what they hear.

let's hope the new coach can bring in a good point guard to help with Logan Johnson. Right now, our point guard situation could definitely be upgraded a bit.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Ring of Black - 04-11-2019 09:16 AM

Agreed. No point in even discussing it, nor even extracting optimism about Curtis, until the new coach is announced and addresses the team. At that point, the questions will truly be answered.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - bearcatdp - 04-11-2019 10:23 AM

(04-11-2019 09:16 AM)Ring of Black Wrote:  

Agreed. No point in even discussing it, nor even extracting optimism about Curtis, until the new coach is announced and addresses the team. At that point, the questions will truly be answered.

How close is Cumberland to graduating? Could he cram in his last classes, graduate and then transfer?

RE: Curtis still planning to come - doss2 - 04-11-2019 10:37 AM

(04-11-2019 10:23 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  

How close is Cumberland to graduating? Could he cram in his last classes, graduate and then transfer?

Would seem unlikely. To graduate in 3 years means 3 years of summer semesters or carrying a large over normal load which is hard for an athlete and all the time commits.

Does anyone know if he did either?

RE: Curtis still planning to come - C1ncy4Life - 04-11-2019 11:17 AM

(04-11-2019 10:37 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(04-11-2019 10:23 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  
(04-09-2019 04:33 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  I wonder if the next coach could entice Jarron to stay by offering his cousin, Jaevin Cumberland, a grad transfer who would actually be a quality addition to our current roster.

Would seem unlikely. To graduate in 3 years means 3 years of summer semesters or carrying a large over normal load which is hard for an athlete and all the time commits.

Does anyone know if he did either?

I don’t know, but would seriously doubt it. I could always be wrong but it seems to me most Grad Transfers originally Red Shirted, which gave them an extra year of classes without using their year of eligibility.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - C1ncy4Life - 04-12-2019 08:05 PM

What’s this mean? Is there some sort of rule?

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Tymanh99 - 04-12-2019 08:08 PM

(04-12-2019 08:05 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  What’s this mean? Is there some sort of rule?

mick be poachin’

RE: Curtis still planning to come - crex043 - 04-12-2019 08:13 PM

(04-12-2019 08:05 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  What’s this mean? Is there some sort of rule?
He and his coach confirmed the day that Mick left that he was still planning on reporting to UC in the summer. Also said he'd be answering no further questions in the meantime.

Sounds like nothing has changed on the first matter. He's signed a LOI so no one should be contacting him from any school.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - Bearcats#1 - 04-12-2019 08:15 PM

(04-12-2019 08:13 PM)crex043 Wrote:  
He and his coach confirmed the day that Mick left that he was still planning on reporting to UC in the summer. Also said he'd be answering no further questions in the meantime.

Sounds like nothing has changed on the first matter. He's signed a LOI so no one should be contacting him from any school.

He has a LOI...so does that mean i he doesn't come here, he is an official transfer and would have to sit out a year at the next school?

RE: Curtis still planning to come - crex043 - 04-12-2019 08:25 PM

(04-12-2019 08:15 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(04-12-2019 08:13 PM)crex043 Wrote:  

He has a LOI...so does that mean i he doesn't come here, he is an official transfer and would have to sit out a year at the next school?
Yes, but I can't imagine UC wouldn't release him if he asked for it. Meaning if he asked for a release and it was granted, he would be free to sign with another school (or UC) for the Class of 2019.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - @ES Trader - 04-12-2019 08:27 PM

Can they put restrictions on where he can transfer if they release him? No UCLA, eggsavier or teams in our conference.

RE: Curtis still planning to come - crex043 - 04-12-2019 08:29 PM

(04-12-2019 08:27 PM)@ES Trader Wrote:  Can they put restrictions on where he can transfer if they release him? No UCLA, eggsavier or teams in our conference.
Don't think so. Once the LOI is gone, he owes UC nothing.