CSNbbs
Transfers - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: Transfers (/thread-874196.html)

Transfers - dan10 - 04-04-2019 10:33 AM

Since we do not have our own thread, here we go. Our first shoe dropped. Ali has entered the portal as a grad transfer. Will be a loss for us, but not irreplaceable. We will need someone to score for us. With TJ and Okros coming on and Walton coming back, we should be ok, but there may be some transition time it will take. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up. I think he is too inconsistent to be relied upon at the next level up, but we shall see.

RE: Transfers - hiroshimacarp - 04-04-2019 06:18 PM

i think i had a similar reaction to isabell last year...how good does this kid thing he is? this actually seems a bit worse.

bucknell had a forward transfer to kentucky. maybe demir thinks bucknell is a step up from drexel...which they might be since they have a better shot at the tournament every year. otherwise i don't see how he could possibly play in the a-10 or above.

i'm mostly a bit disappointed because i was really hoping to see what spiker could do with him. he's exactly the kind of guy spiker has to find and develop. i was hoping to see him add some muscle during the offseason because i think he's better off in the post.

RE: Transfers - Dragon For Life - 04-04-2019 07:28 PM

Im guessing Sam Green may transfer? He doesn't get any minutes

RE: Transfers - dan10 - 04-05-2019 08:36 AM

He was the assumed one to transfer but there has not been any word of that. Demir was a bit of a surprise. But he graduated, so kudos to him. I agree with carp and the AAD folks, he is good but I would be surprised if he is highly coveted. He is a CAA starter, he likely is a bench warmer at the next level. Isabell had a higher skillset for the next level than Demir does.

RE: Transfers - Spearsie - 04-05-2019 12:24 PM

Demir is a surprise for sure. I do think in the right system he can't play an important role off the bench. He has good hands and is crafty around the basket. He does need to work on his 3 point shot so he can provide more of a pick and pop option to go along with his pick and roll abilities.

RE: Transfers - Spearsie - 04-05-2019 12:27 PM

I have never been able to figure out why Sam Green doesn't get minutes. He has good size and has a nice touch from the outside. Injuries? defense?

RE: Transfers - Spearsie - 05-06-2019 11:49 AM

Ali has chosen Minnesota. An interesting choice to say the least

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2019/5/2/18484829/ncaa-graduate-transfer-alihan-demir-commits-to-minnesota-gopher-basketball-richard-pitino

RE: Transfers - jcohen42 - 05-06-2019 02:31 PM

(05-06-2019 11:49 AM)Spearsie Wrote:  Ali has chosen Minnesota. An interesting choice to say the least

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2019/5/2/18484829/ncaa-graduate-transfer-alihan-demir-commits-to-minnesota-gopher-basketball-richard-pitino

The comments look generally positive, looks like it was an area of need for them. I hope they're not disappointed, but I fear their expectations may be a bit too high. But who knows, maybe Ali will thrive in a role-player position. I'll be rooting for him.