CSNbbs
NCAA Tournament thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Buc Basketball (/forum-339.html)
+------ Thread: NCAA Tournament thread (/thread-873221.html)

Pages: 1 2

NCAA Tournament thread - RodShaw2 - 03-21-2019 12:38 PM

Catch all for the Big Dance

Watching a #10 Minnesota smoke a #7 Louisville so far.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - MTBuc - 03-21-2019 04:41 PM

Another first round choke job for Belmont. 0-8 all time. At least they finally got Rick Byrd a win in the play-in round. Belmont has a lot to be proud of but they've been pretty much an automatic L when it counts.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - Bucfreak23 - 03-21-2019 04:56 PM

(03-21-2019 04:41 PM)MTBuc Wrote:  Another first round choke job for Belmont. 0-8 all time. At least they finally got Rick Byrd a win in the play-in round. Belmont has a lot to be proud of but they've been pretty much an automatic L when it counts.

I wouldn’t call it a choke job. They led for much of the game and gave Terps all they could handle before losing by 2 points.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - Buc66 - 03-21-2019 05:06 PM

(03-21-2019 04:56 PM)Bucfreak23 Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 04:41 PM)MTBuc Wrote:  Another first round choke job for Belmont. 0-8 all time. At least they finally got Rick Byrd a win in the play-in round. Belmont has a lot to be proud of but they've been pretty much an automatic L when it counts.

I wouldn’t call it a choke job. They led for much of the game and gave Terps all they could handle before losing by 2 points.

Maryland wasn’t exactly on fire until the end. All the standing around and leaving Belmont the three point shots kept them in the game, leading much of the time. Belmont played their hearts out, but were eventually outmuscled. Will Murray take Marquette?

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - MTBuc - 03-21-2019 05:12 PM

I say choke because that's 8 appearances where they were a trendy pick to make a run and 8 times they bow out immediately. Not that we have anything to be bragging about but they've never been able to elevate to the expectations.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - RodShaw2 - 03-21-2019 07:03 PM

(03-21-2019 05:06 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  

Maryland wasn’t exactly on fire until the end. All the standing around and leaving Belmont the three point shots kept them in the game, leading much of the time. Belmont played their hearts out, but were eventually outmuscled. Will Murray take Marquette?

Murray beat the crap out of Marquette

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - Buc66 - 03-21-2019 07:38 PM

(03-21-2019 07:03 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 05:06 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  

Murray beat the crap out of Marquette

Rod, didn’t you coin the phrase on here years ago, “beat like a rented government mule” ...... as happened to Marquette today?

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - BucDoctor - 03-21-2019 08:19 PM

Watched about 5 minutest tonight. March madness looks waaayyy too much like NBA basketball for my tastes and no I don't want to see the 23 placed team in the Big10 play yet again.

Others' mules mileage may vary.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - fsurookie911 - 03-21-2019 09:41 PM

Go Wofford!!

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - fsurookie911 - 03-21-2019 09:42 PM

Their fans are pretentious ******** but go SoCon!

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - Buc Island - 03-21-2019 11:02 PM

Wofford looked pretty bad (and scared?) for a lot of the second half, but closing out that game the way they did... the shooters they have plus Jackson, they are just so dangerous. Charles Barkley giving them no respect, saying Kentucky will advance to the sweet 16 without even knowing who they could potentially play... the guy is a joke. It's not apples to apples, but UNCG gave Kentucky all they wanted in December, and Wofford took UNCG to the woodshed 3 times this year. Time to root for conference money and Wofford wins.

NCAA Tournament thread - Bucster - 03-21-2019 11:05 PM

I will say I love watching the Big East teams go down. Big East is 1-3 in the tournament. 2 of those losses coming from mid-majors.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - woffordgrad94 - 03-21-2019 11:21 PM

Chuck Barkley knows nothing about college basketball anyway. The dude doesn’t belong on the March Madness set.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - queenladybug817 - 03-22-2019 07:36 AM

(03-21-2019 11:02 PM)Buc Island Wrote:  Wofford looked pretty bad (and scared?) for a lot of the second half, but closing out that game the way they did... the shooters they have plus Jackson, they are just so dangerous. Charles Barkley giving them no respect, saying Kentucky will advance to the sweet 16 without even knowing who they could potentially play... the guy is a joke. It's not apples to apples, but UNCG gave Kentucky all they wanted in December, and Wofford took UNCG to the woodshed 3 times this year. Time to root for conference money and Wofford wins.
The Kentucky team that UNCG played in December is nothing like the one Wofford will play.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - GoBucsGo - 03-22-2019 07:39 AM

Well, I don't know about Charles Barkley not knowing anything about college basketball. He's actually pretty good. That being said, Seton Hall did beat Kentucky earlier this year on a last second shot, so this certainly isn't a game that Kentucky steps on the court and wins.

I'm a graduate of UK and obviously a season ticket holder for ETSU basketball, so I know both of these teams very well. Kentucky has been inconsistent at guarding the 3 - at times, they're phenomenal, but at other times, they go night-night. Kentucky has a lot of size and talent, and I would almost bet their approach may be to try to slow down Magee, but shut down the rest. I think Jackson will have a very difficult time getting around the bigger athletic guys of UK. Kentucky has their own Magee in Tyler Herro, and I don't know who from Wofford can guard him. Maybe Magee. Regardless, this is an intriguing game and I think it's going to be a good one. If Kentucky had PJ Washington healthy, I think Wofford would almost have no shot. However, with Washington in a boot, it's a different game. Looking forward to it.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - Flippmb - 03-22-2019 01:33 PM

(03-22-2019 07:39 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  I'm a graduate of UK and obviously a season ticket holder for ETSU basketball, so I know both of these teams very well. Kentucky has been inconsistent at guarding the 3 - at times, they're phenomenal, but at other times, they go night-night. Kentucky has a lot of size and talent, and I would almost bet their approach may be to try to slow down Magee, but shut down the rest. I think Jackson will have a very difficult time getting around the bigger athletic guys of UK. Kentucky has their own Magee in Tyler Herro, and I don't know who from Wofford can guard him. Maybe Magee. Regardless, this is an intriguing game and I think it's going to be a good one. If Kentucky had PJ Washington healthy, I think Wofford would almost have no shot. However, with Washington in a boot, it's a different game. Looking forward to it.

I'm not going to underestimate Cam Jackson. He held his own or excelled in two games against North Carolina, this season and last, and in games this year against tournament teams Kansas and Mississippi State. Maybe Kentucky will handle Jackson, but I don't think it will be due to whoever is the primary defender. It will be because the Wildcats have so many long, strong help defenders.

On the other hand, Jackson is an excellent passer. He is second on the team in assists, only a few behind point guard, Storm Murphy. Double down on Jackson at your own peril. I think, and hope, that this will be a great game.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - ETSUfan1 - 03-22-2019 10:20 PM

So far the ASUN, OVC, and SoCon have all won NCAA tournament games.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - BucinBama - 03-23-2019 03:03 PM

Wofford is getting some Rupparee treatment against UK. Reid Travis known as the "walking flagrant foul" just popped Pegram in the face twice. He scored off one pop to the face, and the rupparee called Pegram's face for the foul on the other.

RE: NCAA Tournament thread - Bennett42 - 03-23-2019 04:03 PM

McGee plays his normal game and Wofford wins this going away. Officials are trying to give the game to KY[/align]

NCAA Tournament thread - etsuBucsFan1988 - 03-23-2019 04:10 PM

Magee goes 0-12 from three. Geeze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk