CSNbbs
Milon Gone - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Milon Gone (/thread-873185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Milon Gone - LeadBolt - 05-01-2019 01:05 PM

Good luck Matt and thank you for what you have done here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milon Gone - ColonelEbirt - 05-01-2019 01:48 PM

Congrats Matt. Enjoy some home-cooked meals! Thanks for your contributions to our program. Proud to call you a fellow alum. Sorry to not see your sweet stroke on the floor for one more year. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Milon Gone - wmmii - 05-01-2019 02:21 PM

Good luck Matt and i will be cheering for you as a fellow alumnus this year!

RE: Milon Gone - FauqDawg10 - 05-01-2019 03:43 PM

Good for Matt. VT definitely had a spot for him but is definitely a long shot to be in the tourney. If UCF gets Dawkins back, they look strong. I presume Matt is getting the starting job either way.

RE: Milon Gone - TribePride91 - 05-01-2019 03:44 PM

Thanks Matt. I enjoyed the three years you had in the program and hope you have a great year in Orlando. Wish you the best and hope you stay in touch with W&M in the future. Will be pulling for you next year.

RE: Milon Gone - ScottyB757 - 05-01-2019 05:33 PM

Thank you, Matt, for the excitement you provided for WM fans over the last three years. Best of luck, and congratulations on the opportunity.

RE: Milon Gone - FauqDawg10 - 05-05-2019 05:30 PM

(05-05-2019 04:51 PM)TribeFam321 Wrote:  I honestly don’t understand why all of you are applauding him. He used willam and Mary after he couldn’t cut it at the acc level. I’m glad that mercenary is gone

All of our players are using W&M, just as we are likewise using them.

I would never fault a player for making the best decision for their future. I can only hope that in the future more players of Milon's caliber will decide to "use" W&M.

RE: Milon Gone - bubbadog57 - 05-06-2019 05:48 AM

Matt fits into what Boswell of the Post calls "vagabond players"...players who, because of the farcial transfer
situation, play for three or four schools in five years. I wonder of there are times they don't even know what school is on their shirt.

RE: Milon Gone - Tribe21 - 05-06-2019 06:37 AM

(05-06-2019 05:48 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Matt fits into what Boswell of the Post calls "vagabond players"...players who, because of the farcial transfer
situation, play for three or four schools in five years. I wonder of there are times they don't even know what school is on their shirt.
Matt is a smart guy. I'm sure he knows what name is on his shirt. And he didn't sign on to play for these coaches in this situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Milon Gone - NC Tribe - 05-06-2019 07:20 AM

(05-06-2019 05:48 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Matt fits into what Boswell of the Post calls "vagabond players"...players who, because of the farcial transfer

He got a degree from W&M and left, like most of us did.

I got my graduate degrees at other schools, why can't he?

RE: Milon Gone - TribeFan1983 - 05-06-2019 08:28 AM

(05-06-2019 07:20 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  

The NCAA built its wildly profitable business model on the myth of the "student athlete," a regular college kid who loves his alma mater, is dedicated to his studies and only plays sports in his spare time. With three transfers in five years, Milon makes a mockery of that notion. Why not remove all limits on hoops transfers and make these kids free agents? At least that would be honest.

Milon Gone - mrjoolius - 05-06-2019 08:35 AM

I have issues with mid majors being used as a farm system for majors and the handling of transfers/eligibility by the NCAA, but none of that is directed towards Matt or Justin. They graduated and fulfilled their obligations to W&M. By all accounts they are proud W&M graduates.

IMO, they both did it the right way.

RE: Milon Gone - WMInTheBurg - 05-06-2019 08:59 AM

(05-06-2019 08:28 AM)TribeFan1983 Wrote:  
(05-06-2019 07:20 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  

The NCAA built its wildly profitable business model on the myth of the "student athlete," a regular college kid who loves his alma mater, is dedicated to his studies and only plays sports in his spare time. With three transfers in five years, Milon makes a mockery of that notion. Why not remove all limits on hoops transfers and make these kids free agents? At least that would be honest.
Three schools, 1 transfer, 1 graduation, and 2 degrees, assuming he finishes at UCF. There's no mockery being made. Columnists like Boswell repeatedly get mad about players acting in their own best interests. It's not different now because players are too [whatever], it's different because players know they have a choice.

RE: Milon Gone - Tribe32 - 05-06-2019 09:37 AM

Milon was BC's sixth leading scorer as a freshman and started three games. Team was 7-25 and 0-18 in the ACC. I don't know why he chose to come to Williamsburg, but there were some problems with BC at the time. He is getting his diploma and heading home to play as a grad student at UCF. It could be as simple as he wants to play in front of his family every game, and maybe he wants in state tuition his second year. I don't know. To call him a vagrant, mercenary, and that he made a mockery out of the transfer process doesn't make sense to me.

RE: Milon Gone - wmmii - 05-06-2019 08:02 PM

Matt is a quality person who did everything the right way. He graduated and we should wish him luck plus cheer for him this coming season!

RE: Milon Gone - tribeintexas - 05-06-2019 08:42 PM

Nothing but the best for Milon and JP who will represent the College as class of 2019.