CSNbbs
Open Thread - Mod Nominations - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Open Thread - Mod Nominations (/thread-873150.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-20-2019 04:12 PM

Starting this because I have quite the ludicrous backlog of, as George Carlin would say, complaints and grievances over this board over the last few weeks. I had to kind of invent a rule book for this because it hasn't really happened on a board with just one mod before. So let's proudly press on from the seat of the pants.

First step ... more blood and fresh blood from the commons. Additional hands make for lighter work.

The rules:
- You cannot nominate yourself
- You can nominate more than one if you feel more than one is capable
- We want to have a Laissez-faire feel but strive to keep it classy ... hands off doesn't mean shovels out.
- I retain veto ability in case you vote all Vermin Supreme up in here
- This is not a place to vent or bicker about moderation or the status quo ... we're cleaning up here, not spreading around.

If you have been nominated, it tends to help things along for you reply with whether you accept or reject the task. As moderator you'll have to avoid shiny badge syndrome and being "that guy" for the TSA. It's a largely thankless task in the short term ... but in the long term you get to enjoy the fruits of the seeds you help sow through a better community. Also, gratis ad-free premium. Also, you get to peek and see what shenanigans I'm up to (quite a bit actually).

With that ... let the flinging around of names proceed like a basement meeting in the DNC after a gallon of vodka has been consumed.

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - nj alum - 03-20-2019 04:17 PM

I nominate whoever complained and grieved ... and if I were the Moderator ... when the newbies come on board ... it's their show.

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-20-2019 04:21 PM

(03-20-2019 04:17 PM)nj alum Wrote:  I nominate whoever complained and grieved ... and if I were the Moderator ... when the newbies come on board ... it's their show.

Did you plan Soviet strategy on the eastern front in the early 40's? 02-13-banana

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - nj alum - 03-20-2019 04:29 PM

Put up ... or shut up ... that's the Jersey way!

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - Zorch - 03-20-2019 04:31 PM

I'll go ahead and beat several jokers to the punch: anybody but Zorch.

Serious question: if there are multiple candidates, how will you choose?

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-20-2019 04:38 PM

(03-20-2019 04:31 PM)Zorch Wrote:  I'll go ahead and beat several jokers to the punch: anybody but Zorch.

Serious question: if there are multiple candidates, how will you choose?

Depends. I play it by feel. Typically consensus forms around one or two people. On the CUSA board once three people ran away with it and I added all three. It just depends on how things shake out. Typically the hive mind already has sort of "a guy or two" in mind for this sort of thing.

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - wml33t - 03-20-2019 05:12 PM

mrjoolius - always level headed and would give him easy control for managing stickies, etc for his recruiting threads

Mrs. Got Ribe - no brainer imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - nj alum - 03-20-2019 05:17 PM

(03-20-2019 05:12 PM)wml33t Wrote:  mrjoolius - always level headed and would give him easy control for managing stickies, etc for his recruiting threads

Mrs. Got Ribe - no brained imo

MJ is a fine choice.

Mrs. - absolutely not. Most of us know her, and she has always walked the fine line between contributing here and doing what she does. You've only seen one post from her since the Shaver thing went down, and that had nothing to do with W&M. Don't make her say "no".

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - wml33t - 03-20-2019 05:20 PM

(03-20-2019 05:17 PM)nj alum Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 05:12 PM)wml33t Wrote:  mrjoolius - always level headed and would give him easy control for managing stickies, etc for his recruiting threads

Mrs. Got Ribe - no brained imo

MJ is a fine choice.

Mrs. - absolutely not. Most of us know her, and she has always walked the fine line between contributing here and doing what she does. You've only seen one post from her since the Shaver thing went down, and that had nothing to do with W&M. Don't make her say "no".

I get what you’re saying. She may be too close to the program to some, but I think she has incredibly level headed judgement for such a role. I will let her decide if she’s interested rather than deciding for her.

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - Tribal - 03-20-2019 05:22 PM

Mr joolius would be perfect mod. Easy choice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - tribe64 - 03-20-2019 05:32 PM

Blah blah blah

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-20-2019 05:58 PM

(03-20-2019 04:29 PM)nj alum Wrote:  Put up ... or shut up ... that's the Jersey way!

I thought the Jersey way was a fresh pizza from WaWa at 2:15 AM? And then stopping at another WaWa less than a half mile from the first one because you forgot to get something from the bakery because you're hungover.

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - WMInTheBurg - 03-20-2019 06:01 PM

(03-20-2019 05:22 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Mr joolius would be perfect mod. Easy choice.

Echo this.

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - nj alum - 03-20-2019 06:07 PM

(03-20-2019 05:58 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 04:29 PM)nj alum Wrote:  Put up ... or shut up ... that's the Jersey way!

I thought the Jersey way was a fresh pizza from WaWa at 2:15 AM? And then stopping at another WaWa less than a half mile from the first one because you forgot to get something from the bakery because you're hungover.

WaWa sub, not WaWa pizza.

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - mrjoolius - 03-20-2019 06:29 PM

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm really not interested in a leadership type role. I prefer sitting back and giving input and zero responsibility. I re-nominate Tribal and all his surliness. He is the most passionate tribe fan I know.

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - wml33t - 03-20-2019 06:35 PM

(03-20-2019 06:29 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm really not interested in a leadership type role. I prefer sitting back and giving input and zero responsibility. I re-nominate Tribal and all his surliness. He is the most passionate tribe fan I know.

I got the impression this was to supplement Tribal not replace him?

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - Blow Gym rat - 03-20-2019 06:36 PM

Mr J was an excellent suggestion, but I’m with him: Tribal.

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - nj alum - 03-20-2019 06:39 PM

(03-20-2019 04:17 PM)nj alum Wrote:  I nominate whoever complained and grieved ... and if I were the Moderator ... when the newbies come on board ... it's their show.

The silence is deafening.

RE: Open Thread - Mod Nominations - Tribe1693 - 03-20-2019 07:04 PM

I agree on Tribal.

Open Thread - Mod Nominations - zablenoise - 03-20-2019 07:10 PM

I'll nominate Rocco.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk