CSNbbs
Official SMU will retain coach - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Official SMU will retain coach (/thread-872735.html)

Official SMU will retain coach - pesik - 03-16-2019 12:29 PM

Official SMU will retain coach - Stickboy46 - 03-16-2019 12:33 PM

(03-16-2019 12:29 PM)pesik Wrote:  

I think this is dumb because Jank is a crappy coach but I also think it's fair to acknowledge the obstacles he's had so far.

Though his current recruiting is leaving a lot to be desired.

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - HuskyU - 03-16-2019 12:33 PM

Congrats Pony!

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - WhoseHouse? - 03-16-2019 12:35 PM

Woot woot!

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - pesik - 03-16-2019 12:44 PM

(03-16-2019 12:33 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  

I think this is dumb because Jank is a crappy coach but I also think it's fair to acknowledge the obstacles he's had so far.

for me its not the results that bother me, its his inability to recruit...if smu was bringing in a great recruiting class, id actually like them a lot next year ..they have a solid core returning...

but as of right now they have 4 players coming in..the best is a 5'7 guard who hasnt played basketball i n a long time because he suffered from a heavy stroke that almost killed him

Official SMU will retain coach - cscottl1981 - 03-16-2019 12:49 PM

Let’s go Jank?

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - Pony94 - 03-16-2019 01:09 PM

(03-16-2019 12:33 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  

He magnified the obstacles by being a ****** coach

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - pesik - 03-16-2019 01:49 PM

i want to run an idea by you SMU fans..

the greatest recruiter in UH/SMU history (Urlic Maligi) was on the A&M staff..the A&M staff have been let go

what are you thoughts on bringing back maligi...i know yall have a shakey past...

at minimum he will bring in 4star Chris harris jr (who was committed to a&m but asked for release...).

thoughts?

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - SadderBudweiser - 03-16-2019 03:03 PM

(03-16-2019 01:49 PM)pesik Wrote:  i want to run an idea by you SMU fans..

the greatest recruiter in UH/SMU history (Urlic Maligi) was on the A&M staff..the A&M staff have been let go

what are you thoughts on bringing back maligi...i know yall have a shakey past...

at minimum he will bring in 4star Chris harris jr (who was committed to a&m but asked for release...).

thoughts?

Not a chance in hell. Unlike UH, SMU chancellor is not committed to athletics. He still has an enlarged butthole from the reaming we took on the Frazier/LB debacle. Magli is a walking, talking show cause. Never happen.

Part of the reason Jank isn’t pulling better recruits is that they want not even the slightest hint of impropriety with the guys they bring in. (That’s not the only reason.... Jank still sucks at recruiting and he can’t coach) on top of that, when the assistants target a guy the chances are good that Jank won’t follow up. We’re screwed. I’ll bet we lose our better recruiters very soon and I can’t imagine a good one wanting to work for a head coach who doesn’t have your back.

This is bad.

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - HuskyU - 03-16-2019 03:50 PM

(03-16-2019 03:03 PM)SadderBudweiser Wrote:  
(03-16-2019 01:49 PM)pesik Wrote:  i want to run an idea by you SMU fans..

thoughts?

Not a chance in hell. Unlike UH, SMU chancellor is not committed to athletics. He still has an enlarged butthole from the reaming we took on the Frazier/LB debacle. Magli is a walking, talking show cause. Never happen.

Part of the reason Jank isn’t pulling better recruits is that they want not even the slightest hint of impropriety with the guys they bring in. (That’s not the only reason.... Jank still sucks at recruiting and he can’t coach) on top of that, when the assistants target a guy the chances are good that Jank won’t follow up. We’re screwed. I’ll bet we lose our better recruiters very soon and I can’t imagine a good one wanting to work for a head coach who doesn’t have your back.

This is bad.

SMU would recruit better if there were more parking garages in Dallas.

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - Bearcats#1 - 03-16-2019 05:10 PM

terrible news for SMU

I think it looks like SMU is saying they want a clean program with ZERO off court issues, even if it means .500 or worse ball.

Is this on Jank or is he really just playing with one arm tied around his back?

ouch

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - HoustonCougarNation - 03-18-2019 03:07 PM

That's some good news to hear today!!

Thanks Pony's!!

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - MTXE - 03-18-2019 03:29 PM

(03-16-2019 05:10 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  terrible news for SMU

I think it looks like SMU is saying they want a clean program with ZERO off court issues, even if it means .500 or worse ball.

Is this on Jank or is he really just playing with one arm tied around his back?

ouch
Sick sig

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - MU88 - 03-18-2019 11:28 PM

My post from April 2017:

In fact, SMU appears to be a year away from collapse. Brown brought questionable kids and used questionable recruiting tactics to turn around the program relatively quickly. After this year's class graduates, the future doesn't look very bright. It mirrors the situation at SLU. Majerus took a leave of absence and then died right before the season started. Crews led them to a great season, but there was nothing in the pipeline. He second season was also terrific and he received a nice contract extension. But, SLU tanked thereafter and Crews was subsequently fired. Crews and TJ were the same age when they took over the programs. Crew had a virtually, brand new arena to recruit into and, based on past history, Crews was arguably more successful as a head coach than TJ when they both got the head coaching jobs. Still, he couldn't keep it going after the legend was gone. I have seen nothing out of TJ that makes me believe that SMU won't return to the bottom of the conference after Brown's recruits are gone.

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - pvtlamb - 03-21-2019 11:06 PM

Thank you god! Two more guaranteed wins for WSU next year!

Official SMU will retain coach - Pony94 - 03-21-2019 11:07 PM

(03-21-2019 11:06 PM)pvtlamb Wrote:  Thank you god! Two more guaranteed wins for WSU next year!

Jank will find a way to screw SMU and WSU at the same time

RE: Official SMU will retain coach - MTXE - 03-21-2019 11:42 PM

(03-21-2019 11:07 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 11:06 PM)pvtlamb Wrote:  Thank you god! Two more guaranteed wins for WSU next year!

Jank will find a way to screw SMU and WSU at the same time

How MVC of him