CSNbbs
Game 27, Charleston - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Game 27, Charleston (/thread-870794.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Game 27, Charleston - Tribeheart - 02-19-2019 01:46 AM

For those not close enough to be at the Kap, this game, unfortunately, will be on CBSSports, not the Tribe/CAA stream.

Really don't think Charleston has much to play for, since the odds are basically not there for them to catch Hofstra or fall into 4th place. It doesn't matter whether they finish 3rd or 2nd.

I hope something is being cooked up on campus to get a bigger student turnout for a weeknight. If the support and atmosphere is there, this may be the game where our guys all play at their upper end. We need to finally get that win against the top 3. Would love to see us finally find our 3 pt daggers to supplement the inside and transition game.

Take care of the ball, lift the defensive focus, and play harder for 40 minutes. Go Tribe!

RE: Game 27, Charleston - tribetime10 - 02-19-2019 09:58 AM

(02-19-2019 01:46 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  For those not close enough to be at the Kap, this game, unfortunately, will be on CBSSports, not the Tribe/CAA stream.

Really don't think Charleston has much to play for, since the odds are basically not there for them to catch Hofstra or fall into 4th place. It doesn't matter whether they finish 3rd or 2nd.

I hope something is being cooked up on campus to get a bigger student turnout for a weeknight. If the support and atmosphere is there, this may be the game where our guys all play at their upper end. We need to finally get that win against the top 3. Would love to see us finally find our 3 pt daggers to supplement the inside and transition game.

Take care of the ball, lift the defensive focus, and play harder for 40 minutes. Go Tribe!

Ideal situation is a Tribe win and then CofC finishes in 2nd for hopes of helping us with any potential tie breakers. This is a crucial win game for our seeding, of course, but it'd be a huge boost to our confidence going into March.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - TribePride91 - 02-19-2019 11:01 AM

COC will have to pass Northeastern to get the 2 seed, they were swept by Hofstra and Northeastern beat Hofstra. So, while possible, it is very likely COC finishes no higher than 3rd. For that reason, I am hopeful the Tribe can win enough to finish 5th. We need to win this week at the Kap to make that more likely. In fact, if the Tribe can win both this week and Delaware loses to Drexel, 4th becomes a decent possibility given the schedule of the last week. No easy games left though.

Not sure how we can stop Riller and not sure how they will stop Nathan. Should be another very close contest.

Game 27, Charleston - Tribe32 - 02-19-2019 11:18 AM

Opposite style of play. Best hope is to get their big men in foul trouble and for Milon to be hot opening up Knight down low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Game 27, Charleston - nogretheogre - 02-19-2019 12:22 PM

(02-19-2019 01:46 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  I hope something is being cooked up on campus to get a bigger student turnout for a weeknight. If the support and atmosphere is there, this may be the game where our guys all play at their upper end. We need to finally get that win against the top 3. Would love to see us finally find our 3 pt daggers to supplement the inside and transition game.

It is Military appreciation night. Free admission with an ID, discount for family of military. Spread the word to anyone you know in the Military.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Sitting bull - 02-19-2019 06:46 PM

(02-19-2019 01:46 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  For those not close enough to be at the Kap, this game, unfortunately, will be on CBSSports, not the Tribe/CAA

Unfortunate? I don't agree.

CBSSports is available around the country. It's the same network that carries service academy football games and multiple A10 games this year. It's my go to station to watch college basketball if the games on ESPN and ESPN2 aren't that appealing. As I type, they are showing Dayton and Davidson.

Every sports bar carries it and nearly all hotels.

Pumped to know I can actually watch the Tribe on TV this week! Was not aware.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - WM Beancounter - 02-19-2019 07:23 PM

(02-19-2019 06:46 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 01:46 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  For those not close enough to be at the Kap, this game, unfortunately, will be on CBSSports, not the Tribe/CAA

CBSSports is available around the country. It's the same network that carries service academy football games and multiple A10 games this year. It's my go to station to watch college basketball if the games on ESPN and ESPN2 aren't that appealing. As I type, they are showing Dayton and Davidson.

Perhaps, but for those of us who don't have cable (and that number is growing), CBSSports is only an option if I go to a bar. I can stream the CAA network.

Of course, I'll be at the Hall for the game, but my opinion would hold true if this game were on the road...

RE: Game 27, Charleston - billymac - 02-19-2019 07:56 PM

(02-19-2019 07:23 PM)WM Beancounter Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 06:46 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  

Perhaps, but for those of us who don't have cable (and that number is growing), CBSSports is only an option if I go to a bar. I can stream the CAA network.

Of course, I'll be at the Hall for the game, but my opinion would hold true if this game were on the road...

A lot will depend on whether it is on CBSSports.com or on CollegeSportsLive.com. The streaming on the first is strong enough to be able to enjoy the broadcast. If it is on the latter, like the recent Hofstra game was, then their bandwidth is not as large and the video tends to get stuck and you get to watch a little blue circle go round and round.

If it is on CollegeSportsLive, (also owned by CBS Sports), then I have a couple tips. First, use the smaller screen. Whenever I tried to watch the Hofstra game on wide screen, it locked up in just a couple minutes. When using the smaller screen, you might need to refresh a couple times. Then it work smoothly.
CSL generally uses the home team production and announcers, so we should be able to listen the Jay/Charlie.

If it is on CBSSN, then the bandwidth should not have those problems. We will need to see what Kris posts, in his info page.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Tribeheart - 02-19-2019 08:33 PM

Yeah, I shouldn't have been so lax with my CBS broadcast listing, as per their Thursday schedules, the game is on College Sports Live, not the CBSSports channel.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Sitting bull - 02-19-2019 08:50 PM

I checked ahead on CBSsports (they are showing the VCU game right now). On Thursday night, they show Wagner at Bryant. We are now being served by the NEC in terms of exposure.

I really don't know much on the streaming options. My issue is that might be a preferred option by the 40-50 Tribe fans who will do that. It does nothing though for exposure or anyone else that might want to catch the game on TV, like basically all the other D1 schools.

Our conference is getting hosed on exposure, football and basketball.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - WM Beancounter - 02-20-2019 09:36 AM

(02-19-2019 08:50 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  My issue is that might be a preferred option by the 40-50 Tribe fans who will do that.

With all due respect, Sitting Bull, I gotta call BS on that statement. Please source that number.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - nogretheogre - 02-20-2019 09:47 AM

(02-20-2019 09:36 AM)WM Beancounter Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 08:50 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  My issue is that might be a preferred option by the 40-50 Tribe fans who will do that.

With all due respect, Sitting Bull, I gotta call BS on that statement. Please source that number.

Cable is dead. Streaming is the present and the future for most people under 30. There is zero reason that the networks should tell you what sporting event you should be watching when all games are broadcast in some form. Let the user decide. Arguing over this is useless, as the past model will not exist in 10 years.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - zablenoise - 02-20-2019 10:17 AM

Agreed CBS Sports sucks. It doesn't even have market penetration within the current cable structure and lags way behind the other sports channels. Then on top of that we aren't even on the real channel. We're on the ****** College Sports Live stream. It blows my mind that our conference commissioner hasn't come up with a better solution yet.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - bubbadog57 - 02-20-2019 02:16 PM

The CAA remains invisible on regular broadcast tv as opposed to everyone else! It was great when we were on Comcast, MASN and NBC Sports Channel. If you follow closely you'll see that virtually every A-10 game is on some tv channel for example.

Streaming may be the future but right now we're invisible on regular tv.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Biggjohn43 - 02-20-2019 02:21 PM

(02-20-2019 02:16 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  The CAA remains invisible on regular broadcast tv as opposed to everyone else! It was great when we were on Comcast, MASN and NBC Sports Channel. If you follow closely you'll see that virtually every A-10 game is on some tv channel for example.

Streaming may be the future but right now we're invisible on regular tv.

Bring back Yeager!!!

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Tribe2011 - 02-20-2019 03:41 PM

(02-20-2019 10:17 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Agreed CBS Sports sucks. It doesn't even have market penetration within the current cable structure and lags way behind the other sports channels. Then on top of that we aren't even on the real channel. We're on the ****** College Sports Live stream. It blows my mind that our conference commissioner hasn't come up with a better solution yet.

Yeah this is the problem even with being on the full CBS Sports cable channel - the vast majority of people don't get it. It's great if you do, but let's not pretend this is like NBCSN or FS1 or something that is basic cable for nearly everyone.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Sitting bull - 02-20-2019 04:59 PM

(02-20-2019 09:36 AM)WM Beancounter Wrote:  

The number doesn't matter and wasn't the point. Pick any number you like.

My point was streaming is not exposure. We no longer have exposure. If our future is streaming when all the other conferences are being aired on ESPN, NBCsports, CBSsports, I call BS that it isn't an issue outside of interested Tribe fans.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - ScottyB757 - 02-20-2019 05:24 PM

(02-20-2019 10:17 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Agreed CBS Sports sucks. It doesn't even have market penetration within the current cable structure and lags way behind the other sports channels. Then on top of that we aren't even on the real channel. We're on the ****** College Sports Live stream. It blows my mind that our conference commissioner hasn't come up with a better solution yet.

I'm not surprised at all. You shouldn't be, either.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - TribePride91 - 02-20-2019 06:16 PM

College Sports Live is even worse than you have indicated. It HAD a Roku channel, but it doesn't anymore. It basically is not even as good as the old stretch internet service and pales in comparison to the other CAA.TV feeds. As a result, " the Game of the Week has the worst video quality". We love the Tribe and I have also enjoyed following other CAA game broadcasts for years, but there is no even regional exposure. The A10 has games everywhere, the SoCon has better exposure, the CAA has not much. If 2-3 games a week were actually on CBS Sports Network, I guess I could live with it. But, the internet version of it(College Sports Live) totally sucks.

Agree with the early comments on streaming though. Within 10 years certainly, and perhaps within 5, all remaining existing networks will stream coverage via the internet. There will still be some broadcast networks that also may stream simultaneously, but cable won't exist. Millions have already left cable for either digital antenna or a streaming monthly service at a fraction of the cost. ESPN lost a ton of money from the cord cutting and started ESPN+ primarily as a way to make some $$$. Eventually, I expect Fox, NBC, CBS, and maybe even conferences to follow suit and charge a monthly fee for their content.

RE: Game 27, Charleston - Zorch - 02-20-2019 11:15 PM

(02-20-2019 02:21 PM)Biggjohn43 Wrote:  Bring back Yeager!!!

Aackk! GAG! NO!!!!!

If Bernadette McQuade of the A-10 is out of the CAA's price range, then how about the former, retired A-10 commish Linda Bruno?

Joey D has been as underwhelming as is humanly possible. Any of us could have done as well and many of us could have done better. It's a disgrace.