CSNbbs
NATHAN KNIGHT - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: NATHAN KNIGHT (/thread-870585.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NATHAN KNIGHT - WMTRIBE75 - 02-15-2019 04:51 PM

So I know that the people that voted on the pre season All CAA First Team will face the same dilemma when voting on the season ending team, namely trying to squeeze 3 very good front court players into two available first team slots. Just for grins I went to the CAA website and checked out how Nate, Cacok, and Brantley stack up in the following categories:

Scoring
Rebounding
FG%
Assists
Blocks

Nate is the only one of the 3 to rank in the top 10 in all 5 categories. Indeed, he is the only player in the league to be in the top 10 of all 5 categories, with his ranking as follows:

Scoring (3)
Rebounding(4)
FG% (2)
Assists (6)
Blocks (1)

Charleston fans will argue that the only reason that Brantley trails Nate in scoring average (Brantley is 4th) is because Riller scores so many points, and that is probably true. But Nate wins out in all 5 categories versus Brantley. UNCW fans will argue that they do not look to Cacok to be a scoring machine (Cacok is 14th) and they would also be correct. But while Cacok leads the league in both rebounding (Nate is 4th) and FG%(Nate is 2nd), Cacok is only 14th in both scoring and blocks and is not even in the top 25 in assists.

I am not arguing that Nate should replace either Brantley or Cacok on the first team. I am arguing, however, that Nate should not be the guy that draws the short straw if the voters feel compelled to only pick two of the three. I feel that all 3 belong on the first team.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - SoCal Frank - 02-15-2019 10:42 PM

(02-15-2019 04:51 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  So I know that the people that voted on the pre season All CAA First Team will face the same dilemma when voting on the season ending team, namely trying to squeeze 3 very good front court players into two available first team slots. Just for grins I went to the CAA website and checked out how Nate, Cacok, and Brantley stack up in the following categories:

Scoring
Rebounding
FG%
Assists
Blocks

Nate is the only one of the 3 to rank in the top 10 in all 5 categories. Indeed, he is the only player in the league to be in the top 10 of all 5 categories, with his ranking as follows:

Scoring (3)
Rebounding(4)
FG% (2)
Assists (6)
Blocks (1)

Charleston fans will argue that the only reason that Brantley trails Nate in scoring average (Brantley is 4th) is because Riller scores so many points, and that is probably true. But Nate wins out in all 5 categories versus Brantley. UNCW fans will argue that they do not look to Cacok to be a scoring machine (Cacok is 14th) and they would also be correct. But while Cacok leads the league in both rebounding (Nate is 4th) and FG%(Nate is 2nd), Cacok is only 14th in both scoring and blocks and is not even in the top 25 in assists.

I am not arguing that Nate should replace either Brantley or Cacok on the first team. I am arguing, however, that Nate should not be the guy that draws the short straw if the voters feel compelled to only pick two of the three. I feel that all 3 belong on the first team.
That’s tough to do. Let’s let the pro scouts make the call. Money talks.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Zorch - 02-16-2019 12:11 AM

(02-15-2019 04:51 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  I am not arguing that Nate should replace either Brantley or Cacok on the first team.

Actually, the argument you make for doing just that is very persuasive.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Tribewins - 02-16-2019 12:39 AM

First off, Love Nate’s game. Brantley and Cacock are both seniors who have dominated us and are better in standings. That counts, and counts a lot. 1st Team is and should be.....

JWF (POY)
Pusicia
Riller
Cacock
Brantley

All deserving. All good teams

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - WMtribe17 - 02-16-2019 01:13 AM

(02-16-2019 12:39 AM)Tribewins Wrote:  First off, Love Nate’s game. Brantley and Cacock are both seniors who have dominated us and are better in standings. That counts, and counts a lot. 1st Team is and should be.....

JWF (POY)
Pusicia
Riller
Cacock
Brantley

Except UNCW isn't better in the standings...

Nate has, IMO, been the second best player in CAA play behind JWF. Nate has carried the team in probably half of our league games. Brantley should not be 1st over Cacok or Knight. If they want to leave out Pusica because he has missed quite a few games this year due to injury and replace him with Brantley, I am fine with that.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Tribeheart - 02-16-2019 01:30 AM

If the season ended today, I think Brantley and Cacok are fighting for the last spot on the 1st team. All of Nate's numbers are up. Cacok's are down. I, also, think where their teams finish will be a factor.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Naptown Tribe - 02-16-2019 08:48 PM

Well, Nate certainly made another statement tonight ... he gets to do it head to head against Cacok and Brantley at home this week

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Zorch - 02-16-2019 09:06 PM

(02-16-2019 08:48 PM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  Well, Nate certainly made another statement tonight ... he gets to do it head to head against Cacok and Brantley at home this week

!! My money's on Nate!

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Tribewins - 02-16-2019 09:10 PM

I stand corrected, the CAA 1st Team needs to include Nate. These last two games he’s been spectacular! He’s finally realized, no one can guard him and he’s playing strong! Great job Nate, keep leading us!

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - bubbadog57 - 02-17-2019 06:21 AM

Nate may very well be discovering how good he really is.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Tribe32 - 02-17-2019 07:16 AM

Nate has been playing harder on defense and on the boards. No more stupid fouls because he's a step out of position or late to his spot. That's what I've seen. He has more second chance points the last two games than in any other consistent stretch.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - WMtribe17 - 02-17-2019 12:20 PM

(02-17-2019 07:16 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Nate has been playing harder on defense and on the boards. No more stupid fouls because he's a step out of position or late to his spot. That's what I've seen. He has more second chance points the last two games than in any other consistent stretch.

He's had more second chance points of late because A) the last 2 teams we have played had no size at C, B) we are actually putting him in the paint majority of each possession, and C) he is positioning himself well when we shoot and miss

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Tribe32 - 02-17-2019 01:11 PM

Last I checked Hofstra's center is the same size as Knight and he had 15 rebounds in that game, so I don't think A) really counts in that game. We both agree that he's in position under the boards. That was my comment about him working harder. I think it's just a matter of him putting priority to the little things. The results are crazy when he's not loafing.

(02-17-2019 12:20 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  
(02-17-2019 07:16 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Nate has been playing harder on defense and on the boards. No more stupid fouls because he's a step out of position or late to his spot. That's what I've seen. He has more second chance points the last two games than in any other consistent stretch.

He's had more second chance points of late because A) the last 2 teams we have played had no size at C, B) we are actually putting him in the paint majority of each possession, and C) he is positioning himself well when we shoot and miss

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - bubbadog57 - 02-17-2019 03:49 PM

Knight became the first W&M player ever to score 35 or more points in two consecutive games with 39 against Hofstra and 35 last evening against Elon!! Quite a mark.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Tribe32 - 02-17-2019 05:14 PM

I said last year and earlier this year that he reminds me of David Robinson. He's not as tall, and not as strong, but he's more skilled with his hands around the basket. If he would put in some real time in the weight room to increase his upper body strength he could be nearly unstoppable next year with the lack of big men in our league.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Rocco - 02-17-2019 07:25 PM

Per Win Shares, Knight is 4th in the conference behind JWF, Brantley and Riller and just ahead of Eric Carter from Delaware.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Biggjohn43 - 02-17-2019 08:06 PM

In
(02-17-2019 05:14 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  I said last year and earlier this year that he reminds me of David Robinson. He's not as tall, and not as strong, but he's more skilled with his hands around the basket. If he would put in some real time in the weight room to increase his upper body strength he could be nearly unstoppable next year with the lack of big men in our league.

I remember David well.He was a beautiful person to.watch And admire. To have been 7 ft.tall he ran so gracefully. Loved to watch him!!

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - WillaMary08 - 02-17-2019 08:52 PM

(02-17-2019 07:25 PM)Rocco Wrote:  Per Win Shares, Knight is 4th in the conference behind JWF, Brantley and Riller and just ahead of Eric Carter from Delaware.

And for conference play JWF and Riller are tied at 3.1 WS and Knight is next at 2.8.

RE: NATHAN KNIGHT - Rocco - 02-18-2019 09:10 AM

(02-16-2019 12:39 AM)Tribewins Wrote:  First off, Love Nate’s game. Brantley and Cacock are both seniors who have dominated us and are better in standings. That counts, and counts a lot. 1st Team is and should be.....

JWF (POY)
Pusicia
Riller
Cacock
Brantley

So Brantley and Pusica get credit for having better teammates?

NATHAN KNIGHT - Naptown Tribe - 02-18-2019 12:40 PM

Nate named CAA co-player of the week with Riller. Head to head showdown this Thursday at the Kap; let’s pack the Kap! :)

Congrats Nate!

https://tribeathletics.com/news/2019/2/18/mens-basketball-nathan-knight-named-caa-player-of-the-week.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk