CSNbbs
How can Drexel Basketball improve ticket sales? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: How can Drexel Basketball improve ticket sales? (/thread-868747.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: How can Drexel Basketball improve ticket sales? - dan10 - 03-01-2019 07:16 AM

Granted it was only a few hours before tip, so they should run that promotion for Senior Day too, but things like that you have to get the word out. I am sure it was posted on drexeldragons.com but that is not going to get out into the community to get people to show up.

RE: How can Drexel Basketball improve ticket sales? - J.B. - 03-01-2019 09:43 AM

(03-01-2019 07:16 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Granted it was only a few hours before tip, so they should run that promotion for Senior Day too, but things like that you have to get the word out. I am sure it was posted on drexeldragons.com but that is not going to get out into the community to get people to show up.

Do you have a Facebook or Instagram account? Did you like Drexel Athletics or Drexel Men's Basketball? It was posted there. I'm not sure what else they could have done to promote it. Since it was a very last minute thing, I'm sure they didn't sell too many $3.30 tickets, but it was just a nice little way to add to the excitement. Philadelphia is totally buzzing right now.

RE: How can Drexel Basketball improve ticket sales? - dan10 - 03-01-2019 09:55 AM

(03-01-2019 09:43 AM)J.B. Wrote:  Do you have a Facebook or Instagram account? Did you like Drexel Athletics or Drexel Men's Basketball? It was posted there. I'm not sure what else they could have done to promote it. Since it was a very last minute thing, I'm sure they didn't sell too many $3.30 tickets, but it was just a nice little way to add to the excitement. Philadelphia is totally buzzing right now.

Guess I am not up enough with social media, though yes Mens basketball I liked and nothing was posted there. I do see that Athletics posted it, which I had not liked. No I do not have Instagram. But my point was not so much about me, as I am in the middle of the country, it was more about asking how things are promoted to actually get people to know. Social media is definitely a good start and something this late probably the only reasonable method. However, just social media is not going to get regular Philadelphians to show up, because most likely most are not specifically following Drexel. That is my point, what is being done to promote things like this to actually attract locals?

The tv deal is fantastic and great work to show our team to the community and I hope something gets worked out for all games next season. Ideas like this are creative and great as well. It shows that our marketing team cares and is in tune with Philadelphia to take advantage for Drexel. The next step is getting ideas like these out to the local public and not just the niche following of Drexel. This is assuming the idea behind all of this is to get more people interested in our product and showing up to games.