CSNbbs
15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP (/thread-868399.html)

15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - mikeinoki - 01-14-2019 01:04 PM

From ncaa.com
Here are 15 games in 2019 that will impact the College Football Playoff race next season

HOUSTON AT OKLAHOMA, AUG. 31
In 2016, Houston stunned No. 3 OU as the Cougars eventually started 5-0 and reached No. 6 in the country. New coach Dana Holgorsen would love to use this as a statement game against his former conference rival. The Sooners will also be good again, but they're likely going to have to replace a Heisman winner at quarterback. Again.

STANFORD AT UCF, SEPT. 14
Yeah, yeah, yeah. UCF went undefeated the last two years in the regular season and never really got close to the CFP. However, this would be the biggest nonconference win the program has had during the run. At the very least, it makes things interesting. There's no knowing when or if injured QB McKenzie Milton will return to the field for the Knights.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - HuskyU - 01-14-2019 01:20 PM

They forgot Illinois at UCONN.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - st932253 - 01-14-2019 01:51 PM

(01-14-2019 01:04 PM)mikeinoki Wrote:  From ncaa.com
Here are 15 games in 2019 that will impact the College Football Playoff race next season

In 2016, Houston stunned No. 3 OU as the Cougars eventually started 5-0 and reached No. 6 in the country. New coach Dana Holgorsen would love to use this as a statement game against his former conference rival. The Sooners will also be good again, but they're likely going to have to replace a Heisman winner at quarterback. Again.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. UCF went undefeated the last two years in the regular season and never really got close to the CFP. However, this would be the biggest nonconference win the program has had during the run. At the very least, it makes things interesting. There's no knowing when or if injured QB McKenzie Milton will return to the field for the Knights.

Love that Stanford is already a bigger win than Pitt was last year. Because why not.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - fishpro1098 - 01-14-2019 02:54 PM

(01-14-2019 01:20 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  They forgot Illinois at UCONN.

I was wondering about that myself. Thanks for bringing that one in to the discussion.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Billy Bob Bearcat - 01-14-2019 03:04 PM

You would think UC at OSU would be up there for impact.

UC could potentially be the American champ and if they win at tOSU (with UCLA also in non-con) they could make a pretty solid claim to be in the playoff.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Sellular1 - 01-14-2019 03:12 PM

(01-14-2019 03:04 PM)Billy Bob Bearcat Wrote:  

UC could potentially be the American champ and if they win at tOSU (with UCLA also in non-con) they could make a pretty solid claim to be in the playoff.

I can get a pretty good look at a TBone steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but I’d rather take the butchers word for it.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - jaredf29 - 01-14-2019 03:16 PM

I hope Houston just stomps OU.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Foreverandever - 01-14-2019 04:56 PM

(01-14-2019 03:12 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  

I can get a pretty good look at a TBone steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but I’d rather take the butchers word for it.

Lol... love that movie.

Hopefully Cincinnati, UCF, Houston, and another west team can win their big games and be undefeated ooc and help boost whoever wins the divisions into position that our championship game can give them a play off push.

That means the rest of the conference turning in good ooc as well, so that games count positively in conference against each other.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - geosnooker2000 - 01-15-2019 04:07 PM

(01-14-2019 04:56 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Lol... love that movie.

Hopefully Cincinnati, UCF, Houston, and another west team can win their big games and be undefeated ooc and help boost whoever wins the divisions into position that our championship game can give them a play off push.

That means the rest of the conference turning in good ooc as well, so that games count positively in conference against each other.

We open with ole miss... :shrug:

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Foreverandever - 01-15-2019 04:42 PM

(01-15-2019 04:07 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 04:56 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Lol... love that movie.

We open with ole miss... :shrug:

SMU and Tulsa also have some big games on the schedule and of course Navy. Memphis is the most likely candidate but really any of the four would work. Just need two top contenders in the west to help keep attention and increase the competitive value of the championship game. Cincy and UCF look set to be the duo in the east. Getting two similar teams out of the west and everybody else going .500 or better ooc and we will be well set for ny6 and maybe even a shot at the play offs.

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - panicstricken - 01-15-2019 10:25 PM

Tulsa @ San Jose State is gonna be huge

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Bearcats#1 - 01-15-2019 10:27 PM

(01-15-2019 10:25 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  Tulsa @ San Jose State is gonna be huge

agree

massive CFP implications....massive

RE: 15 games in 2019 that will impact the CFP - Foreverandever - 01-15-2019 10:54 PM

(01-15-2019 10:27 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(01-15-2019 10:25 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  Tulsa @ San Jose State is gonna be huge

agree

massive CFP implications....massive

You realize you play us? You're going to need all the strength of schedule you can get. I will laugh until I piss myself if we lose this game and your sos gets dinged because of it by the talking heads.

On the positive side of the wet pants will be the fact that would end Monty.