CSNbbs
Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? (/thread-868039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - RuckleSt - 01-09-2019 09:04 AM

He's supposedly looking to transfer.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - KNIGHTTIME - 01-09-2019 09:07 AM

I'd welcome it.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - HuskyU - 01-09-2019 09:08 AM

Hearing UCONN...

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - RuckleSt - 01-09-2019 09:20 AM

(01-09-2019 09:07 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I'd welcome it.

I realize this is wild speculation, but I would imagine he feels he got a raw deal at Alabama, and transferring to UCF would be poetic justice.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - KnightNasty - 01-09-2019 09:22 AM

(01-09-2019 09:20 AM)RuckleSt Wrote:  
(01-09-2019 09:07 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I'd welcome it.

I realize this is wild speculation, but I would imagine he feels he got a raw deal at Alabama, and transferring to UCF would be poetic justice.

The media narrative that would create would be amazing lol...

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - MemphisTigerFreak - 01-09-2019 09:29 AM

(01-09-2019 09:08 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Hearing UCONN...

There's an app for that

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - SublimeKnight - 01-09-2019 09:57 AM

He's a good game manager, but he's not a difference maker.

He's obviously more experienced than DJ, but I think DJ has more upside if he can get that pocket awareness that comes with playing time.

I'd love to have him, but I don't think it's the right move for him. I can't see it being a slam dunk that he'd see playing time at UCF. I'm sure there are plenty of schools that have graduated QBs or are just generally a mess at that position.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - DowdyPirate - 01-09-2019 11:02 AM

Jalen Hurts will not transfer to UCF

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - Coogaholic - 01-09-2019 11:11 AM

He is from the Houston area. Just saying... 07-coffee3

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - BearcatMan - 01-09-2019 11:13 AM

(01-09-2019 11:11 AM)Coogaholic Wrote:  He is from the Houston area. Just saying... 07-coffee3

So...Rice?

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - KNIGHTTIME - 01-09-2019 11:21 AM

(01-09-2019 09:57 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  He's a good game manager, but he's not a difference maker.

He's obviously more experienced than DJ, but I think DJ has more upside if he can get that pocket awareness that comes with playing time.

I'd love to have him, but I don't think it's the right move for him. I can't see it being a slam dunk that he'd see playing time at UCF. I'm sure there are plenty of schools that have graduated QBs or are just generally a mess at that position.

Mack passed 11/30 against a defense that was missing tons of players. Missed easy slants and one curl pattern was completely overthrown with defense 7 yards away. These are automatic passes that need to completed. I get we have taken things for granted with Milton, but Mack would have to improve a giant amount.

Hurts while no Tua, hurts on another from Mack.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - SublimeKnight - 01-09-2019 12:07 PM

(01-09-2019 11:21 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(01-09-2019 09:57 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  He's a good game manager, but he's not a difference maker.

Mack passed 11/30 against a defense that was missing tons of players. Missed easy slants and one curl pattern was completely overthrown with defense 7 yards away. These are automatic passes that need to completed. I get we have taken things for granted with Milton, but Mack would have to improve a giant amount.

He had more pressure than KZ has ever seen. LSU blitzed 2x more than on average.
Lots of dropped passes that could have forced LSU to abandon this gameplan. For his level of experience, DJ did really well.
Hurts has been a meh passers, behind one of the best o-lines in CFB

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - jaredf29 - 01-09-2019 12:16 PM

(01-09-2019 12:07 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  

He had more pressure than KZ has ever seen. LSU blitzed 2x more than on average.
Lots of dropped passes that could have forced LSU to abandon this gameplan. For his level of experience, DJ did really well.

Mack is stagnant in the pocket. It’s almost as if he plants his feet. He did well for a freshman but he has a lot of growing to do.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - KNIGHTTIME - 01-09-2019 12:26 PM

(01-09-2019 12:07 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  

Unfortunately he couldn't make the defense pay hitting those slants that are supposed to be almost automatic if the play is open. You're making excuses if you think he played a good game. The only drop was that touchdown throw and that ball was fluttering.

If Mack is what we got then so be it. If Hurts wants to come I'm sure we will find a spot.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - usffan - 01-09-2019 01:21 PM

In other news, water is wet...

USFFan

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - ShoreBuc - 01-09-2019 02:26 PM

The War on I4 becomes even more interesting as Blake Barnett lost his job to Jalen Hurts at Alabama. UCF students I am sure could come up with great posters for this game.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - usffan - 01-09-2019 02:44 PM

All joking aside, why would Hurts go to UCF? I mean, nobody's ever going to replace Milton as a beloved QB for the Knights (spare me the Culpepper or Bortles discussion - MM's place as a UCF favorite son HAS to be secure), and Mack played well enough that I don't see Heupel alienating him to get one year out of Hurts.

If we're being honest, I can think of lots of schools that seem to be a better fit. FSU, WVU and Louisville all spring to mind.

USFFan

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - ArmoredUpKnight - 01-09-2019 03:20 PM

Meh Bama’s leftovers, Lane Kiffin will probably take him at FAU.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - ShoreBuc - 01-09-2019 03:33 PM

(01-09-2019 02:44 PM)usffan Wrote:  All joking aside, why would Hurts go to UCF? I mean, nobody's ever going to replace Milton as a beloved QB for the Knights (spare me the Culpepper or Bortles discussion - MM's place as a UCF favorite son HAS to be secure), and Mack played well enough that I don't see Heupel alienating him to get one year out of Hurts.

If we're being honest, I can think of lots of schools that seem to be a better fit. FSU, WVU and Louisville all spring to mind.

USFFan

Does Ole Miss need a QB ? Rich Rod is new OC and Jalen Hurts is basically a more athletic version of Pat White who did amazing things for Rich Rod at WVU.

RE: Jalen Hurts Transferring to UCF? - KNIGHTTIME - 01-09-2019 05:05 PM

(01-09-2019 03:20 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Meh Bama’s leftovers, Lane Kiffin will probably take him at FAU.

People said the same thing when Will Grier was available.