CSNbbs
QBs for next year? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: QBs for next year? (/thread-867010.html)

QBs for next year? - NIU007 - 12-24-2018 10:57 AM

Looks like the MAC will still be in a state of flux next year at QB. Who is coming back that's any good?

Rourke from Ohio. Anyone else?

Kato Nelson returns I believe for Akron. His numbers were so-so on the year before he got injured against NIU (they were moving the ball pretty well against us in that game though).

Childers for NIU. I have little hope we'll see a true QB competition so we're probably stuck with Childers again. Maybe he'll improve a lot. I hope so.

EMU - Glass?

Wassink for WMU? If he recovers and can stay healthy.

Toledo had 2 QBs this year, will either be the starter next year?

CMU and Ball State both appear to be up for grabs with Neil moving on. Tyree Jackson also moving on. And Miami loses Gus Ragland. Not sure about Kent and BG.

RE: QBs for next year? - thanksjim - 12-24-2018 11:10 AM

Kent brings back Woody Barrett III. Will be bringing in an Oline class that outweighs tbe current. I see Woody causing issues. Already is holds the KSU record for passes completed in a season.

RE: QBs for next year? - EagleSam - 12-24-2018 11:27 AM

If Glass can stay healthy, we expect big things out of him. We also have a couple promising freshmen in Aaron Jackson and Jairus Grissom, but I would be shocked if either beats Glass out. He had a very good showing in the Camellia Bowl, despite not being able to run and cut like he usually does.

RE: QBs for next year? - WMU2013 - 12-24-2018 01:10 PM

Wassink and Eleby will battle it for the QB job. Hope Eleby wins it.

RE: QBs for next year? - FMRocket - 12-24-2018 03:25 PM

Toledo’s two QB’s = 7-6 season
Hopefully Candle sees that Carter Bradley is the best option, though inexperienced...

RE: QBs for next year? - DICK - 12-25-2018 12:05 AM

Miami has no QB who has completed a pass in college. My best guess woud be redhirt freshman AJ Maier, who led his high school to the big school state championship in Kentucky ( for OU fans, his Dad was a former catcher for an NCAA Ohio Bobcat baeball team). We also have Blaine Gabbert's ( former Missouri star QB who played awhile in the NFL) younger brother who just signed as an incoming freshman. We have two other older QB's, but I think we will give the job to one of those guys and let them have 4 years as a starter.

RE: QBs for next year? - toddjnsn - 12-25-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:Wassink and Eleby will battle it for the QB job. Hope Eleby wins it.

Eleby, by default, won't win it. Wassink is and has been better. If Eleby had us have an O against Ohio, Toledo, and BYU -- then I would say it'd be a real battle if Wassink was up to par. I think Eleby can only get it if Wassink doesn't look so great in pre-season.

Quote:Miami has no QB who has completed a pass in college.

Phew. This gives me ease considering Miami's going to want revenge on WMU. :) That said, I can't count the chickens before they hatch, but at least it's a bit of peace of mind going into it.

RE: QBs for next year? - NIU05 - 12-25-2018 07:06 AM

(12-24-2018 01:10 PM)WMU2013 Wrote:  Wassink and Eleby will battle it for the QB job. Hope Eleby wins it.

WMU is DEEP @ QB. The recruit (Thorne) you lost would have trouble seeing the field. He made a good move to MSU for better chance of playing time. IMO, he is a star.

RE: QBs for next year? - Redwingtom - 12-26-2018 04:46 PM

BG might lose Doege since his brother is no longer employed, but he hasn't said anything public yet that I'm aware.

If he leaves, they'll be in decent shape (as decent as a horrible team with a new coach can be) with Grant Loy at the helm.

RE: QBs for next year? - TheWoodenNickle - 12-26-2018 05:35 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/Brandon-Wimbush-transfer-Notre-Dame-football-126846221/

RE: QBs for next year? - BDB5yp - 12-26-2018 10:35 PM

I’m hoping Jiya Wright the Redshirt freshman for NIU pushes Childers for his starting spot. That would mean he’s pretty good.

RE: QBs for next year? - Boca Rocket - 12-29-2018 12:36 PM

(12-24-2018 03:25 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  Toledo’s two QB’s = 7-6 season
Hopefully Candle sees that Carter Bradley is the best option, though inexperienced...

Toledo scored 40.4 points per game, #9 nationally and #1 MAC.
Rocket QB's led the MAC in TD passes and #3 in Passing Efficiency.
The Rocket Defense was the #84 Scoring Defense and #8 in the MAC.
QB's weren't really the problem.

RE: QBs for next year? - NIU007 - 12-29-2018 07:00 PM

Who does Toledo have at QB other than the guys that played this year? Scouting report please.

Jiya Wright has apparently looked good for NIU but will he get a chance in ou overlyconservative offense?

RE: QBs for next year? - NIU007 - 12-29-2018 07:26 PM

I would like to post more on this thread but a Goose Island tap takeover is preventing intelligible posts, sorry.

RE: QBs for next year? - Boca Rocket - 12-29-2018 08:59 PM

(12-29-2018 07:26 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I would like to post more on this thread but a Goose Island tap takeover is preventing intelligible posts, sorry.

Bourbon County Stout

RE: QBs for next year? - uakronkid - 12-29-2018 09:21 PM

(12-24-2018 10:57 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Kato Nelson returns I believe for Akron.

I wouldn't count on him starting. A new coach might want to install a new offensive scheme that better suits someone else.