CSNbbs
Charleston Classic - 3 Games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Northeastern (/forum-687.html)
+----- Thread: Charleston Classic - 3 Games (/thread-863197.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-12-2018 12:19 PM

Next up for men's hoops is the Charleston Classic. Alabama is the first opponent for the Huskies, and a pretty good one. They have started 2-0 with a win over a bad Southern team and a win over a fairly good App State team.

Bama probably feels like they have played poorly so far, considering they are averaging 15 TO's a game and shooting poorly as a team in all areas. That said, they are still 2-0 because they have the talent.

Bama has a pretty good back court, which looks to be led by fantastic freshman Kira Lewis. They have a lot of depth at guard, with payers like Ingram, Petty, and Mack are contributing. At forward they seem to have decent height with 5 players at 6'9" or taller. 6'9" Donta Hall leads the way and will be a tough matchup for our bigs to cover him.

Overall, I think this game is very winnable. However, we need to get healthy. If Occeus can make his return it would be crucial for his defense and steals against a Bama team that has had a lot of turnovers already against mediocre competition. Occeus and Boursiqout have been missed so far, but if we can shoot like we did against Harvard, we will be in it even without them.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - geewizNU - 11-12-2018 04:58 PM

I watched a lot of Alabama’s game with App State Sunday.

Typical SEC team with a lot of size and athleticism. But they don’t seem to have great shooters. They are a fairly young team and it’s their first road trip.

If our guards make their 3’s and the coaches mix things up defensively, I think we’ll be OK.

I agree ... it’s a game we can win.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-14-2018 01:24 PM

Looks like Bama open as 3.5 point favorites in this one.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - dan10 - 11-15-2018 09:58 AM

Goodluck in this one. Definitely winnable and would be a nice one for your guys. They dont have Sexton any more. I think this Bama squad looks to be a middling SEC team.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 10:19 AM

(11-15-2018 09:58 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Goodluck in this one. Definitely winnable and would be a nice one for your guys. They dont have Sexton any more. I think this Bama squad looks to be a middling SEC team.

Here's hoping

Still no word from the team on injuries. Tip off in less than 4 hours. The closer we are to a healthy lineup the better.

I've seen the vegas odds for this one between +3 and +4 for NU over the last day. I think ESPN has us as 31% to win, Pomeroy around 45% to win. Not sure if they factor in Occeus or Boursiqout's injuries.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 10:28 AM

Some team pictures NU released from last night out in Charleston did not have Pusica, Occeus, or Boursiqout in them. Not sure why, I'll just hopefully assume it's a fluke.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - geewizNU - 11-15-2018 12:30 PM

(11-15-2018 10:28 AM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  Some team pictures NU released from last night out in Charleston did not have Pusica, Occeus, or Boursiqout in them. Not sure why, I'll just hopefully assume it's a fluke.

I wouldn’t get caught up in what you see in pictures.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:10 PM

NU up early 8-0 at under 16min break. Bama getting a couple looks but not hitting their shots. Occeus and Boursiqout not out there. We've forced a couple turnovers already which is nice.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:14 PM

Shaq's first touch, drive to the basket with authority, fouled by Hall. Love it. Made both FTs

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:18 PM

Walters, man what an awesome start. Slashing to the basket. His vision is amazing, great passes. What an addition!

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - NUGUY - 11-15-2018 02:19 PM

Walters looks like he fits right in!

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:27 PM

Very sloppy play by us. Alabama getting a foothold in the game now. We need to keep up the pressure. The Tide have the athletes to go on a big run at any point. NU up 19-12 at the under 8min break.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:38 PM

I feel like we look terrible right now, but Bama fans I'm sure think the same about themselves.

Key so far is free throws. I think we are perfect from the line and Bama like 50% or so.

No flow on offense right now. Tide chipping away. Still up 7 with about 4 minutes left in the half.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:49 PM

Defense looks good. Offense okay, but could be a lot better. Bama has done a great job at closing out on our 3 point shooters.

Overall Alabama is shooting very poorly. I think they've gotten a bit unlucky, but mostly we are making it difficult for them. At the end of the half, how can we be unhappy with an 11 point lead? Let's keep it up! If anything I still think our offense can come alive. Go Huskies!

33-22 halftime

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - NUGUY - 11-15-2018 02:51 PM

Murphy makes a three!!! I assumed he was told to work on his jump shot in the off season. That will be good for his confidence.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 02:58 PM

Like that we are seeing a bunch of players off the bench. Alabama's offense was completely reliant on Lewis in the first half. They'll make adjustments at half time.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 03:23 PM

NU up 50-37 at the under 12min break. Lots of mini runs in the 2nd half. We are still making it tough for them on offense. Our flow has gotten a little better on offense for us, but have missed a couple layups. Still, looking pretty good overall.

Keep it up!

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - swampcougar1 - 11-15-2018 03:27 PM

Pulling for you.
Hate espn announcers. They have spent over half the game talking about things that have no relation to this game instead of calling the game

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - SomebodyToLove - 11-15-2018 03:41 PM

Up 12 with 3+ minutes left. At one point were up 17 points, but Bama on a 5-0 run after a couple misses by us on offense.

Time to close it out boys.

RE: Charleston Classic - 3 Games - NUGUY - 11-15-2018 03:49 PM

Well, I didn't see that coming. Great win.