CSNbbs
(Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying (/thread-861345.html)

(Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - GoBlazers468 - 10-23-2018 01:23 PM

It's not a prediction thread, but it is interesting stuff

https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/if-we-beat-uab-tear-down-the-goal-posts.8710/

Does anyone know what Mike Price trophy they are talking about???

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - the_blazerman - 10-23-2018 01:24 PM

A pole dancer named Destiny?

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - UABFRENCHY - 10-23-2018 01:40 PM

I was at that game
UTEP got a nice stadium ,,,I was impress with it

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - BlazerFromMD - 10-23-2018 03:21 PM

JCorona is spot-on: "UAB is rolling right now with a few votes and looks headed straight to the CUSA championship game. They do have a recent history of losing WTF games on the road. Last year they lost at Ball St (2-10) and at Charlotte (1-11). With the way UTEP has been playing and with UAB’s tendencies to drop a game or two they shouldn’t anything can happen Saturday night."

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - uab278 - 10-23-2018 03:57 PM

That thread is great

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - uab278 - 10-23-2018 03:58 PM

I am scared about this because of what jcorona clearly explains

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - The Answer UAB - 10-24-2018 06:38 AM

Jcorona couldn’t be closer to the truth. UAB has always lost WTF games, and we had one of the ultimate WTFs last year at Charlotte - one of the worst d1 football teams I’ve seen play.. a lot of UTEPs losses have been super close. Hopefully we show up to play

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - Tree Missile - 10-24-2018 11:16 AM

If you guys think Jcorona is more adept at coaching adjustments than Bill Clark, then worry. Otherwise, trust if Jcorona can come up with it, I promise our staff has too.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - The Answer UAB - 10-24-2018 11:25 AM

LOL no one said we wouldn't make adjustments and be prepared - just that we have a longgggg history of losing these type of games, even with Coach Clark.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - bftb - 10-24-2018 11:58 AM

(10-24-2018 11:16 AM)Tree Missile Wrote:  If you guys think Jcorona is more adept at coaching adjustments than Bill Clark, then worry. Otherwise, trust if Jcorona can come up with it, I promise our staff has too.

Ummm...Clark was the coach at Charlotte last year, and at Coastal Carolina this year too.

I don't think there's anyone here who does not have ultimate confidence in Bill Clark, but even under his watch we have laid a few unexplainable eggs, against some really bad teams. Hopefully, the Coastal game got our attention for the year, and we won't do it this Saturday in El Paso.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - grendelson138 - 10-24-2018 12:08 PM

How is UTEP against the run? Would be nice to get the defense some rest.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 10-24-2018 12:38 PM

(10-24-2018 11:58 AM)bftb Wrote:  
(10-24-2018 11:16 AM)Tree Missile Wrote:  If you guys think Jcorona is more adept at coaching adjustments than Bill Clark, then worry. Otherwise, trust if Jcorona can come up with it, I promise our staff has too.

Ummm...Clark was the coach at Charlotte last year, and at Coastal Carolina this year too.

I don't think there's anyone here who does not have ultimate confidence in Bill Clark, but even under his watch we have laid a few unexplainable eggs, against some really bad teams. Hopefully, the Coastal game got our attention for the year, and we won't do it this Saturday in El Paso.

Football is a game played with a ball that can take funny bounces and create strange results. I recall the 1963 Chicago Bears winning the NFL championship that year while losing only one game. They lost that one game to the San Francisco 49ers -- who won only that one game that season.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - ATTALLABLAZE - 10-24-2018 06:45 PM

We have already had our WTF game this year.

I do think they will play us tough though and we will do just enough to win unless we turn them over.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - josephblazer2770 - 10-25-2018 02:42 PM

(10-23-2018 03:21 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  JCorona is spot-on: "UAB is rolling right now with a few votes and looks headed straight to the CUSA championship game. They do have a recent history of losing WTF games on the road. Last year they lost at Ball St (2-10) and at Charlotte (1-11). With the way UTEP has been playing and with UAB’s tendencies to drop a game or two they shouldn’t anything can happen Saturday night."

Unless, You count Ball St (In the Mac which is a intriguing tough League - Hence Ohio), In the Blazers first year Back, In their first road game a dropper well then, and Charlotte had a running qback and played their game of their life ( and Charlotte is Charlotte trying to build a program come on guy Charlotte, NC & Birmingham, Al take your Pick). So, Its not a drop the Blazers are still learning to play and have done damn good while doing it, So the Blazers go into every game playing scared and smart that's a heck of a combo, hope the Blazers can get out with a win and come back home for one more two win, That's the way The Blazers play. They are Young and Hungry.

RE: (Kind of ) What UTEP Fans are Saying - UABslant - 10-25-2018 10:13 PM

Jacob Clark said to his dad that if the Coastal L didn't happen, this team wouldn't be where it is today... it was the wake-up call to get them to prepare for every game like it's the championship game... it's why we went on the road and destroyed Rice, it's why we won on the road against a tough LA Tech squad, and it's why we didn't fold when we were down to UNT.