CSNbbs
Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? (/thread-860748.html)

Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - EigenEagle - 10-16-2018 02:00 PM

Honestly don't see any obvious candidates just browsing cfbstats.

Maybe Troy's Carlton Martial or Ark State's Marcell Murray?

GS's CJ Wright has been good at Nose guard but his contributions won't show up on the stat sheet.

Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - WolfBird - 10-16-2018 02:19 PM

It’s Murray if he doesn’t have a coach who holds him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - moonshine - 10-16-2018 02:49 PM

(10-16-2018 02:00 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Honestly don't see any obvious candidates just browsing cfbstats.

GS's CJ Wright has been good at Nose guard but his contributions won't show up on the stat sheet.

I'd say Murray at this point. I don't understand why stAte is not getting that guy the ball more.

Haven't paid much attention to Wright but you are right, the NT in our similar style 3-4 doesn't get noticed doing all the dirty work in the trenches even if they are impacting the play. They are the unsung heroes of the D.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - sdcritter - 10-16-2018 02:59 PM

Murray is on my list. And we fans don't understand why he's not getting the ball more either.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - EigenEagle - 10-16-2018 03:29 PM

(10-16-2018 02:49 PM)moonshine Wrote:  
(10-16-2018 02:00 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Honestly don't see any obvious candidates just browsing cfbstats.

I'd say Murray at this point. I don't understand why stAte is not getting that guy the ball more.

Haven't paid much attention to Wright but you are right, the NT in our similar style 3-4 doesn't get noticed doing all the dirty work in the trenches even if they are impacting the play. They are the unsung heroes of the D.

He's a handful in the running game (here's a time stamp from the Clemson game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAn-EprvC4&feature=youtu.be&t=5284

But we need him at nose guard so we haven't used him much since that game.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - chiefsfan - 10-17-2018 01:03 AM

(10-16-2018 02:59 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Murray is on my list. And we fans don't understand why he's not getting the ball more either.

Because Blake...

He's just never going to take touches away from a Senior, even if the Freshman is a better player.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - JCGSU - 10-17-2018 03:58 PM

Wes Kennedy III, he might have a huge game if Fields does not go this weekend. 11.9 per carry average and leading receiver with a 21.7 per reception average.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - TheRevSWT - 10-17-2018 06:58 PM

Could maybe be Vitt depending on if the rumors are true that Elliott is calling plays now or not.

But it won't show until he gets a few games under him.

And it's a total homer pick (plus, it's a QB, so you know he'll rack up stats)

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - EigenEagle - 10-17-2018 07:03 PM

(10-17-2018 03:58 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Wes Kennedy III, he might have a huge game if Fields does not go this weekend. 11.9 per carry average and leading receiver with a 21.7 per reception average.

He's a sophomore.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - WinstonTheWolf - 10-17-2018 07:54 PM

Marcel Murray hasn't made his case yet, but he will by the end of the season.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - chiefsfan - 10-17-2018 08:29 PM

(10-17-2018 07:54 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Marcel Murray hasn't made his case yet, but he will by the end of the season.

His coach has to give him a chance to make his case...that's what worries me.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - eagleskins - 10-18-2018 01:19 AM

Speedy Laroche about to be unleashed.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - _x_ - 10-18-2018 09:17 PM

Marcel Murray making a case tonight.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - ericsaid - 10-19-2018 09:18 AM

(10-16-2018 03:29 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(10-16-2018 02:49 PM)moonshine Wrote:  

He's a handful in the running game (here's a time stamp from the Clemson game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAn-EprvC4&feature=youtu.be&t=5284

But we need him at nose guard so we haven't used him much since that game.

Find a new nose guard, line this guy up behind another nose guard sized guy, watch them bulldoze their way down the field on 18 minute drives.

Just don't do it next Thursday. with App's undersized players on the outside line and on the line, I wouldn't be surprised to see this dude get 10 carries.

RE: Who has made a case for Sun Belt Freshman of the Year so far? - WinstonTheWolf - 10-19-2018 11:40 AM

In case anyone missed Marcel's sick spin move:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25019094