CSNbbs
Silly Season Pool - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Silly Season Pool (/thread-854316.html)

Silly Season Pool - EigenEagle - 07-30-2018 10:59 AM

So here's how this idea goes: You pick 4 FBS head coaches before the season starts and earn points based on what happens to them. The scoring goes like this:

If a coach you picked is fired or resigns after his team's last game of the regular season, you get 1 point.
If a coach you picked is fired or resigns in November before his team's last game of the regular season you get 2 points.
If a coach you picked is fired or resigns in October, you get 3 points.
If a coach you picked is fired or resigns in September, you get 4 points.

If a coach leaves to take a (presumably higher-paying) FBS head coaching job, it's 6 points (harder to predict who gets "promoted" than who gets fired).

If a coach's firing appears to be caused in part or entirely by off-field issues (NCAA rule violations, criminal problems, sex scandals, whatever) then it is worth 8 points. These issues have to be confirmed by reputable media and not rumors.

After you pick 4, then you pick a fifth coach, a "lock". The scoring for this coach will be double the point values listed above.

Some equivocal or unusual cases might arise in the case of coaches taking higher-paying jobs and off-field issues and that will just have to be judged as objectively as possible.

So what do you guys think? Here's my list:

1. David Beaty (Kansas)
2. Brad Lambert (UNCC)
3. Everett Withers (Texas State)
4. Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech)
Lock: Scottie Montgomery (ECU)

RE: Silly Season Pool - Usajags - 08-01-2018 05:46 PM

1. Urban Myer
2. The App St guy
3. The Troy guy
4. The guy at LSU only people in Louisiana can understand...

Lock: Bill Clark

RE: Silly Season Pool - _x_ - 08-01-2018 09:40 PM

Haha. Cheater...

RE: Silly Season Pool - EigenEagle - 10-15-2018 10:09 AM

Might as well make this the coaching transitions thread...

Mike Jenks of Bowling Green is the first coach to get the boot.

https://twitter.com/MattSBN/status/1051644272565473281

If that's true, that's still not half as silly as hiring a guy because he interviewed well and gushed for 30 minutes how much he loved the program (if that's in fact what happened with Tyson Summers).

RE: Silly Season Pool - chiefsfan - 10-15-2018 01:02 PM

1. Scott Satterfield (App)
2. Phillip Montgomery (Tulsa)
3. Matt Campbell (Iowa State)
4. Seth Littrell (North Texas)
5. Mike Sanford (Western Kentucky)

Lock: Larry Fedora (North Carolina)

Campbell and Littrell are probably two of the hotter names out there right now, as well as Satterfield. I'm taking a chance on Montgomery, but if Tulsa produces another 2 win season, one will have to wonder. I highly doubt WKU actually fires Sanford, but he took a team that won 10 games two years ago and has them staring at a 1-11 type season.

I've seen coaches get fired for less.

I think there's a chance Auburn might fire Malzahn, but his SEC Title game run last year and flirtations with Arkansas got him a gigantic raise and extension this summer, leaving his buyout at a cool 32 million. Sadly Blake Anderson is not on this list, because fans can't fire coaches.