CSNbbs
Elam ending - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: Elam ending (/thread-854306.html)

Elam ending - hiroshimacarp - 07-30-2018 08:17 AM

Who like the Elam ending? I love it. They should immediately end all basketball games this way.

RE: Elam ending - J.B. - 07-30-2018 11:27 AM

I haven't watched any of the TBT games but I read about it and I do like it. But it's not as if all in a sudden all of the leagues will change, since it's a really drastic change to the game. Maybe if you're lucky, it will change like the three point shot, and we could see the Elam ending adopted by various leagues and organizations over time.

RE: Elam ending - dan10 - 07-31-2018 06:28 AM

I have not watched either, but its an interesting concept. Not sure I completely see it as a good alternative. I think it would speed up blowouts. I think it would force teams to keep playing the entire game. I think it would put a focus back on defense. All good things. But I do think it also removes some strategy from the game, minimizes coaches blemishes, minimizes players thinking about every decision they make on the court, and in some cases where scoring is difficult will make games even longer. Those items I do not see as a positive. So I am kind of down the middle on this one.

RE: Elam ending - dan10 - 08-01-2018 11:52 AM

On the topic of the TBT I saw on facebook a recap of the dunk contest. I think those are pretty well a waste of time, though I did like how they attempted to make it more "real" for the finals. I think all dunk contests at all levels should include that feature. For those who didnt see it, basically it allows the two finalists to go head to head where the other is allowed in the restricted zone and can jump vertically to block the dunk. Which makes it more of an actual dunking contest than just a show off ability of dunks that could never happen in a real game. I liked the concept of the two finalists actually having to dunk on each other for the prize.