CSNbbs
Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed (/thread-850823.html)

Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - kevinwmsn - 05-29-2018 02:16 PM

The game has been moved from Saturday Nov 24 to Friday Nov 23. Kickoff time is yet to be determined. The good news it won't be the same day as the Iron Bowl, but it will be on Black Friday where people woke up early for special deals. I am assuming this will be a ESPN game.

https://www.usajaguars.com/news/2018/5/29/jaguar-football-game-against-coastal-carolina-moved-to-friday.aspx

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - chiefsfan - 05-29-2018 03:19 PM

(05-29-2018 02:16 PM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  The game has been moved from Saturday Nov 24 to Friday Nov 23. Kickoff time is yet to be determined. The good news it won't be the same day as the Iron Bowl, but it will be on Black Friday where people woke up early for special deals. I am assuming this will be a ESPN game.

https://www.usajaguars.com/news/2018/5/29/jaguar-football-game-against-coastal-carolina-moved-to-friday.aspx

I doubt it's been moved for television. Most likely moved to avoid clashing with the iron bowl. The game won't be picked up by a network unless it means something.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - AirRaidTrojan - 05-29-2018 03:59 PM

Troy has had the game quite a few times over the years. It always gets moved to the Friday before.

We have lobbied the conference for years to give us that weekend on the road every year.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - Tom in Lazybrook - 05-29-2018 05:14 PM

I think EVERYONE wants Thanksgiving weekend as an away game. This game, on Black Friday, against a team we've never played will likely draw flies. I don't think CCU would draw any better when they likely host USA that weekend next year.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - chiefsfan - 05-29-2018 09:52 PM

(05-29-2018 05:14 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I think EVERYONE wants Thanksgiving weekend as an away game. This game, on Black Friday, against a team we've never played will likely draw flies. I don't think CCU would draw any better when they likely host USA that weekend next year.

I like Thanksgiving weekend at home. Allows me a reason to get away from the family a lot sooner.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - Golota76 - 05-29-2018 11:10 PM

We have the Cajuns Saturday after Thanksgiving. I’d rather play them earlier in the year.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - chiefsfan - 05-29-2018 11:39 PM

(05-29-2018 11:10 PM)Golota76 Wrote:  We have the Cajuns Saturday after Thanksgiving. I’d rather play them earlier in the year.

Our football team will be spending its Thanksgiving in beautiful San Marcos, TX. Only thing is for sure is that its going to be one ugly football game...our games in San Marcos always are.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - InjunJohn86 - 05-30-2018 03:05 PM

(05-29-2018 11:10 PM)Golota76 Wrote:  We have the Cajuns Saturday after Thanksgiving. I’d rather play them earlier in the year.

Everybody blow off turkey on Thursday. I will cook one on my Orion cooker. Everyone invited.....maybe even some of you Cajun fans!! 04-cheers

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - warhawk09 - 05-30-2018 09:15 PM

(05-29-2018 11:39 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Our football team will be spending its Thanksgiving in beautiful San Marcos, TX. Only thing is for sure is that its going to be one ugly football game...our games in San Marcos always are.

Rivalry week in the Belt and Ark State gets an essential bye week heading into the Conference championship game.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - chiefsfan - 05-30-2018 10:41 PM

(05-30-2018 09:15 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  

Rivalry week in the Belt and Ark State gets an essential bye week heading into the Conference championship game.

The Sun Belt doesn't designate a "rivalry weekend" AState/UL, Troy/USA, and GS/App are all probably the biggest rivalries in the league right now in football, and none of them are being played that weekend.

Plus, If you've ever watched 5 minutes of our games in San Marcos, you'd know that's nothing close to a free win. Until this past year, Texas State was the only team not based out of Lafayette, LA or Boone, NC to beat us since 2010.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - Golota76 - 05-31-2018 06:53 AM

(05-30-2018 03:05 PM)InjunJohn86 Wrote:  

Everybody blow off turkey on Thursday. I will cook one on my Orion cooker. Everyone invited.....maybe even some of you Cajun fans!! 04-cheers

We’re going to be there and my Sister’s family going to stop and watch the game on the way back to Chicago.

RE: Coastal Carolina vs South Alabama Football gameday has changed - warhawk09 - 05-31-2018 11:53 AM

(05-30-2018 10:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-30-2018 09:15 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  

The Sun Belt doesn't designate a "rivalry weekend" AState/UL, Troy/USA, and GS/App are all probably the biggest rivalries in the league right now in football, and none of them are being played that weekend.

Plus, If you've ever watched 5 minutes of our games in San Marcos, you'd know that's nothing close to a free win. Until this past year, Texas State was the only team not based out of Lafayette, LA or Boone, NC to beat us since 2010.

Rivalry was the wrong word ... big game weekend. How about that?