CSNbbs
Please explain this to us FAU friends - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Please explain this to us FAU friends (/thread-850233.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please explain this to us FAU friends - nastybunch - 05-18-2018 03:16 PM

https://deadspin.com/report-fau-falsely-reported-title-ix-numbers-by-counti-1826146029

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 04:48 PM

Thats no bueno messing around with title IX, that should be athletic admin 101. A school could lose their Dept of Ed funding which would pretty much shut down a school like FAU. With Brian White at helm now, he will clean that mess up.

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Grandgreen - 05-18-2018 05:52 PM

(05-18-2018 04:48 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  Thats no bueno messing around with title IX, that should be athletic admin 101. A school could lose their Dept of Ed funding which would pretty much shut down a school like FAU. With Brian White at helm now, he will clean that mess up.

Funny, I doubt anyone has one example of this happening. As far as I know the NCAA has never enforced Title IX.

The danger and it has happened many times, are individuals suing for equal rights citing title IX standards

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - goliath74 - 05-18-2018 06:15 PM

FAU Statement Regarding Inaccurate Palm Beach Post Story

http://www.fausports.com/genrel/051818aac.html

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - ghostofclt - 05-18-2018 06:38 PM

clt says deadspin is fakenews

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - usmbacker - 05-18-2018 06:46 PM

(05-18-2018 06:15 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  FAU Statement Regarding Inaccurate Palm Beach Post Story

http://www.fausports.com/genrel/051818aac.html

Well, that explained it. No blood in water the op was hoping for.

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 06:48 PM

More like an inaccurate statement issued by FAU, what a crappy press release.

The reporter did his job, printed information that was submitted by FAU and now FAU will correct the error after the fact.

Pretty crappy thing press release by FAU, just admir the error and move on without throw a reporter under the bus for doing his job

"The university has now revised that information in a corrected report, which will be filed with the U.S. Department of Education using its correction procedures."

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 06:52 PM

FAU submitted inaccurate information, nothing the reporter printed was inaccurate. Shame on the admin for a false press release.

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - goliath74 - 05-18-2018 06:55 PM

(05-18-2018 06:52 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  FAU submitted inaccurate information, nothing the reporter printed was inaccurate. Shame on the admin for a false press release.

Or, possibly, school attempted to pass to the reporter a corrected report but he, instead, chose to run with the report that he knew was erroneous.

"FAU offered to provide the updated data expeditiously to the reporter, but the reporter intentionally ran the story based on knowingly inaccurate data, rather than waiting for the updated report. "

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - THUNDERStruck73 - 05-18-2018 07:04 PM

Meh... much ado about nothing. FAU isn't going to dick around with Title IX...

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Ragu - 05-18-2018 07:14 PM

(05-18-2018 06:55 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 06:52 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  FAU submitted inaccurate information, nothing the reporter printed was inaccurate. Shame on the admin for a false press release.

Or, possibly, school attempted to pass to the reporter a corrected report but he, instead, chose to run with the report that he knew was erroneous.

"FAU offered to provide the updated data expeditiously to the reporter, but the reporter intentionally ran the story based on knowingly inaccurate data, rather than waiting for the updated report. "

Better to just ignore this poster. He's obviously either dumb or trolling now. Just look at his history. He's always starting something

Good job shutting this down. Can't help the few dumb posters who will ignore it to flame more

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Ragu - 05-18-2018 07:26 PM

(05-18-2018 07:24 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 07:14 PM)Ragu Wrote:  

Better to just ignore this poster. He's obviously either dumb or trolling now. Just look at his history. He's always starting something

Good job shutting this down. Can't help the few dumb posters who will ignore it to flame more

Just a simple question dumb***, and I see you didn’t answer it troll.

I wasn't talking about you. Hence why I quoted the la tech fan, smart guy

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - nastybunch - 05-18-2018 07:27 PM

Looks like the FAU boys can’t take it when the shoe is on the other foot...lol...typical.

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Ragu - 05-18-2018 07:36 PM

(05-18-2018 07:27 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  Looks like the FAU boys can’t take it when the shoe is on the other foot...lol...typical.

So you mistake me calling you out even though you weren't in the quote convo... then you name call like an immature child .. but I'm the one who can't take it ?

Nice try.

And your thread was indeed made to instigate and was based on a false report. So props

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - THUNDERStruck73 - 05-18-2018 07:40 PM

Jesus, what's with all of this constant FAU hate? I get that there are one or two posters who are crowing... ignore them. They'll disappear whan the pendulum swings back the other way... but in reality, their publicity and success is good for the conference.

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - WKUYG - 05-18-2018 07:49 PM

(05-18-2018 07:36 PM)Ragu Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 07:27 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  Looks like the FAU boys can’t take it when the shoe is on the other foot...lol...typical.

So you mistake me calling you out even though you weren't in the quote convo... then you name call like an immature child .. but I'm the one who can't take it ?

Nice try.

And your thread was indeed made to instigate and was based on a false report. So props

Dont worry about this guy, no one likes him, not even S. Miss fans. He's better known for being a cheat....

the way I understand it, he cheated a lot of farmers, in his neck of the woods...tractor salesman. If someone else is winning he can't stand it. Well there's a few S. Miss fans like that.....

everyone else's fault they have to be in a conference with us "losers"

There's also some good ones.

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Ragu - 05-18-2018 07:56 PM

Ah knew this la tech fan was like that. Didn't know that guy was like that too

No wonder they were so quick to circle jerk on the false reporting

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 08:09 PM

The reporter issued an accurate article. Once FAU knew that he was running a story they submitted another report to the reporter even before issued a correct report to NCAA. BTW I like FAU but just admit the error without going after someone for doing their job

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 08:22 PM

Thats the whole purpose of a free press. The reporter found some legitimate inaccuracies in the FAU report, when FAU found out about thats is when they decided or noticed the error. Either FAU submitted an erroneous report and the reporter did his job. No other way to spin this one, poor form by the FAU admin

RE: Please explain this to us FAU friends - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 08:26 PM

Sorry but FAU submitted an erroneous report just admit the error and move forward no need to go after the reporter