CSNbbs
Men's Soccer - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Men's Soccer (/thread-850207.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Men's Soccer - Tribal - 05-18-2018 09:35 AM

Looking forward to another strong season. Tough schedule to include VA Tech, Coastal Carolina, Maryland, UNC, ODU, and NC State.[Image: c873d47a2db54909087ee9ccf36571f0.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: 2018 Soccer - nogretheogre - 05-18-2018 12:39 PM

First ever meeting with Villanova?

Havent played ODU in 4 years?

RE: 2018 Soccer - Tribal - 05-18-2018 01:32 PM

(05-18-2018 12:39 PM)nogretheogre Wrote:  First ever meeting with Villanova?

Havent played ODU in 4 years?
We scrimmaged and had an exhibition game vs ODU but haven't had a proper game with them since '14.

RE: 2018 Soccer - TDenverFan - 05-18-2018 05:07 PM

I'm assuming the lack of an * after Delaware is just a typo?

RE: 2018 Soccer - bubbadog57 - 05-19-2018 07:11 AM

Team looks as strong pre-season as any recent crew. Eight starters returning from last year's very good squad.

Tribe Soccer - Tribal - 08-06-2018 06:55 PM

Ladies down 0-1 to WF at the half.

RE: Tribe Soccer - Tribeheart - 08-06-2018 08:07 PM

Tribe women come back and close out the exhibition win over Wake, 3-2.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

Tribe Soccer - Tribal - 08-07-2018 06:08 PM

Men receive votes in the national poll

RE: Tribe Soccer - bubbadog57 - 08-08-2018 05:32 AM

Barring major injury problems this team should be a Top Twenty group. Many experienced...and talented...
players.

Tribe Soccer - Tribal - 08-08-2018 06:11 AM

We lost a starting forward/midfielder and keeper, both of whom I recently watched play in a pro-am game (FC Frederick). We return a great group who helped us take the conference title but they'll have to hit the ground running versus what I think is our toughest schedule in over a decade.

Antonio Bustamante, Bell, and Berry are seniors so this is the year to really make a run.

RE: Tribe Soccer - nogretheogre - 08-08-2018 08:25 AM

Really looking forward to an explosive offense as well as a stud fullback (freshman starter last year) Sam Golan with another full year of prep. GK is the main questionmark...we have two seniors who have had limited playing time and two freshman.

Tribe Soccer - Tribal - 08-09-2018 08:26 PM

Tribe pick up a transfer from UGA.

[Image: 6522e926e67d1f0252e6aaaaae98db89.jpg]

Tribe Soccer - Tribal - 08-12-2018 06:15 AM

Tribe women beat up on Mason, 3-1

Sarah Segan with a couple of goals. She has record-setting goals scored potential if she can stay healthy. I believe she missed several games last season because of injury.

RE: Tribe Soccer - Zorch - 08-12-2018 09:31 AM

(08-12-2018 06:15 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Sarah Segan with a couple of goals. She has record-setting goals scored potential if she can stay healthy. I believe she missed several games last season because of injury.

Yes, I think she wound up missing 6 or 7 games in all, last year, and she played sparingly in several games after returning. In my opinion, her injury was the reason why the team's NCAA-record streak of 34 straight winning seasons was broken last year. The rest of the team was unable to pick up the slack and make up for her loss. This year's exhibition results are making me hope that last year was an unfortunate anomaly.

(By the way, I think that there is no such thing as an "exhibition" between two college teams. All college games are exhibitions (and not professional games (even P5 football games, yuk yuk yuk)). I think that two colleges can have a "scrimmage" that doesn't count but if it is an actual game with all normal rules then every exhibition should count as a real game. So, really, it is too bad that the Tribe is not already 2-0.)

RE: Tribe Soccer - nogretheogre - 08-12-2018 01:29 PM

Not to be a whiner, but why are we posting Mens and Womens soccer in the same thread? I think their individual success and general public interest would warrant separate threads.

This is the #1 world sport! Its not like this is a golf thread....

RE: Tribe Soccer - Tribal - 08-12-2018 05:26 PM

(08-12-2018 01:29 PM)nogretheogre Wrote:  Not to be a whiner, but why are we posting Mens and Womens soccer in the same thread? I think their individual success and general public interest would warrant separate threads.

Because single sex sports that few care about ends up getting buried. Same goes for tennis, swimming, gymnastics, and XC.

I watch and attend a lot of soccer games (this is how I know our two former Tribe guys play for FC Frederick...I was at their game vs NoVA United). But, not many on here care about soccer and I understand that.

RE: Tribe Soccer - nogretheogre - 08-13-2018 08:53 AM

(08-12-2018 05:26 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(08-12-2018 01:29 PM)nogretheogre Wrote:  Not to be a whiner, but why are we posting Mens and Womens soccer in the same thread? I think their individual success and general public interest would warrant separate threads.

Because single sex sports that few care about ends up getting buried. Same goes for tennis, swimming, gymnastics, and XC.

I watch and attend a lot of soccer games (this is how I know our two former Tribe guys play for FC Frederick...I was at their game vs NoVA United). But, not many on here care about soccer and I understand that.

I think youre giving short shrift to the Womens soccer team and supporters. It is probably the only womens team that people actually follow aside from WBBall, which is probably due to the sustained success of the USWNT. TV exposure for these two womens sports mirrors our own team's fandom. Agree with you on tennis, swimming, etc.

Soccer as a spectator sport in this country is currently exploding. MLS is now thriving with multiple expansion teams over the last few years. I would say soccer is poised to jump into the top 3 sports in US popularity over the next 2 decades, especially with the changing demographic makeup of this country.

RE: Tribe Soccer - Zorch - 08-13-2018 05:27 PM

(08-13-2018 08:53 AM)nogretheogre Wrote:  Womens soccer team ... is probably the only womens team that people actually follow aside from WBBall.... Agree with you on tennis, swimming, etc.

I follow all Tribe sports, men and women. I have no problem with every possible iteration getting its own thread, assuming that anyone is interested in starting one. People not interested in that sport do not need to read it. I would think that most Tribe supporters would follow not just women's soccer or basketball but also women's tennis -- they have performed at a stellar level for many years now and should get the credit for it. Swimming, gymnastics -- the same, for both sexes. In fact, the only teams that have been stinking for several years now are the women's lacrosse and volleyball teams. I look/hope for those to turn around soon.

RE: Men's Soccer - bubbadog57 - 08-14-2018 05:34 AM

Soccer draws some good crowds at Martin Family Stadium and both teams are excellent Div I programs with great histories. Both play big-time collegiate schedules.

Very appropriate for both teams to have their own segments on our board.

RE: Men's Soccer - mrjoolius - 08-16-2018 12:50 PM

CAA preseason polls released.
-Tribe picked to finish in 1st place.
-3 players picked for all-conference. The killer B's. Bell, Berry, & Bustamante.
-Bustamante picked as player of the year.