CSNbbs
Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam (/thread-849954.html)

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - HyperDuke - 04-09-2020 09:09 AM

(04-09-2020 07:40 AM)Bawlmer Duke Wrote:  Haven't read about this or I may have missed it....

Do we know what the basketball court design is?

[Image: web_min_sizes.png]

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 04-09-2020 09:25 AM

there it is

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - HyperDuke - 04-09-2020 09:29 AM

Yep. It sucks.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Bawlmer Duke - 04-09-2020 09:33 AM

(04-09-2020 09:09 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(04-09-2020 07:40 AM)Bawlmer Duke Wrote:  Haven't read about this or I may have missed it....

Haha...I forgot.

Sorta like The University of Virginia's College at Wise (UVA Wise) ?

The University of Virginia's College of James Madison University

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - HyperDuke - 04-09-2020 09:34 AM

Yep that’s essentially the signal that court marking gives!

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - bobbyjmu - 04-09-2020 01:32 PM

It's only going to be there for the 1st game so that UVA feels welcome from the school where we all open doors for others. I'm sure they will remove it from the court after the Cavs head back to Charlottesville. Coach Byington will see to that!

Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - JMUDunk - 04-10-2020 11:18 AM

(04-09-2020 09:09 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  

Lol

Ouch

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - jmudukes001 - 04-11-2020 09:30 AM

Bourne reiterated earlier this week that construction is continuing on the AUBC and that it remains scheduled to open in the fall on time.

Some other projects have been shelved for 24 months, including construction at Sentara Park ($1,000,000 anonymous donation), renovation at the old Convo, and some other projects.

Also, coaches cannot host summer camps on campus this summer.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - jmufan2008 - 04-27-2020 03:41 PM

https://www.facebook.com/SBBCC/videos/2831124963676571/

New video of the AUB posted a few hours ago. Looking awesome and getting close to finishing. A lot of the rough-ins are done and they've even started some of the final paint and tile in parts. I got pretty hyped seeing the shots from inside the main arena.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 04-27-2020 04:58 PM

Another swing and a miss with about 10 feet of the tan block on the loading dock, which was removed today.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - ParentofJMUMRDs - 04-27-2020 05:17 PM

Wonder why they are having so much difficulty with the exterior brick work?

Brian

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - jmufan2008 - 04-27-2020 10:23 PM

You'd think at this point as soon as someone starts any brick they'd have someone walk over and double check the first few rows.

Do you know what they change between the first and second time? Is it the pattern or the brick itself?

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 04-28-2020 07:02 AM

Many a-folk have tried and failed to analyze JMU Basketball bricks for the last 30 years.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - jmufan2008 - 04-28-2020 08:03 AM

(04-28-2020 07:02 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Many a-folk have tried and failed to analyze JMU Basketball bricks for the last 30 years.

03-lmfao03-lmfao well played

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - LovethoseDukes - 04-28-2020 11:16 AM

I accept the fact that I am in the minority, but that is one uninspiring and boring building to me. Hopefully it will be more impressive when it is finished, but tan brick and tan brick and tan brick does nothing for me. Just my opinion!

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 04-28-2020 11:37 AM

(04-28-2020 11:16 AM)LovethoseDukes Wrote:  I accept the fact that I am in the minority, but that is one uninspiring and boring building to me. Hopefully it will be more impressive when it is finished, but tan brick and tan brick and tan brick does nothing for me. Just my opinion!

It may be the most uninspired exterior on campus. I don't require an architectural marvel but I'm with you. Two tones of brick and two mismatched colors of metal panels with a touch of glass arbitrarily here and there looks as pedestrian as the last 30 years of men's basketball at James Madison.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - bcp_jmu - 04-28-2020 11:53 AM

(04-28-2020 11:16 AM)LovethoseDukes Wrote:  I accept the fact that I am in the minority, but that is one uninspiring and boring building to me. Hopefully it will be more impressive when it is finished, but tan brick and tan brick and tan brick does nothing for me. Just my opinion!

I think you are probably in the majority here....they have gone very far with this look and feel. We now have bluestone, new bluestone, red brick, yellow brick, and neo-asian (student gym), plus green roofs for some reason at Sentara...cmon powerball.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - RamDawg - 04-28-2020 01:12 PM

(04-27-2020 05:17 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Wonder why they are having so much difficulty with the exterior brick work?

Brian

I don't know the issues with the AUB brick but we were on a job where they had to remove a lot of brick because the material coming out of the mills are having color consistency problems. Couldn't tell there was a problem until it was up on the wall. Mortar can be the same way, mostly because of the sand colors.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - DoubleDDuke - 04-28-2020 01:21 PM

Agree that the tan brick is kind of blah. I was never all that fond of the exterior aesthetics of any of the buildings on that side of campus. They lack the character of the older buildings but maybe it's cheaper or something for all I know. For a basketball facility, I really don't care. I couldn't tell you what the exterior of some of the most iconic basketball arenas in the country look like. I know some of them I've seen like the Dean Dome and Rupp Arena aren't works of art on the outside. I'm much more interested about how the inside looks and feels and what the game atmosphere is like.

RE: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 04-28-2020 01:58 PM

(04-28-2020 01:21 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  Agree that the tan brick is kind of blah. I was never all that fond of the exterior aesthetics of any of the buildings on that side of campus. They lack the character of the older buildings but maybe it's cheaper or something for all I know. For a basketball facility, I really don't care. I couldn't tell you what the exterior of some of the most iconic basketball arenas in the country look like. I know some of them I've seen like the Dean Dome and Rupp Arena aren't works of art on the outside. I'm much more interested about how the inside looks and feels and what the game atmosphere is like.

As long as it feels like $90M inside I'll be pleased too.