CSNbbs
Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam (/thread-849954.html)

Atlantic Union Bank Center Webcam - Potomac - 05-14-2018 04:50 PM

https://jmusports.com/sports/2018/5/9/union-bank-trust-center-construction-2.aspx?id=1245

Here it is. Time to talk about important things, like the color of the seats or how many empty walls we can find.

Direct Links to the Webcams:
https://app.oxblue.com/open/sbballard/jmuconvocationcenter

https://www.senserasystems.com/public/embed/M88891308027

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Hart Foundation - 05-14-2018 05:32 PM

Interesting. That link also shows some info in addition to the live cameras.
With regards to our question about suites, it states
“Club room adjacent to lower seating bowl accommodating about 500 featuring dedicated restrooms, two private suites, loge seating and multipurpose space for gameday events”

So 2 suites now?

8 were in the original concept design.
Zero were in the revised descriptions.
Now 2 are referenced in the current description

You’ve can’t make much premium ticket revenue from corporations with only 2 suites. It seems very weird to me. I think Clubs are for the JMU diehards and there will certainly be a segment of Duke Club members who want to socialize with Hundreds. Suites bring in the less attached business people who may want some exclusivity to schmooze clients in a controlled setting.

Does 2 seem like the correct number?

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - ParentofJMUMRDs - 05-14-2018 05:44 PM

Nice to see VaultCam up and running. Time for some micropiling!!!!

Brian

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - BleedingPurple - 05-14-2018 05:44 PM

Student Club area adjacent to student seating. Hmmmm...doesn't sound like bottom rows for students length of court, sounds like a few sections.

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Dukester - 05-14-2018 07:17 PM

Love the Duke Dog Statue. Will that be the eventual entrance or maybe where they started the ceremonial digging?

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - ShadyP - 05-15-2018 10:35 AM

Nice to see this project finally getting underway.

I really don't get why some are being so 'nit-picky' about anything being printed about this facility. I think JMU has a pretty dang good record of building top-notch facilities over the past 20 or so years. I feel confident the finished product is going to be first class and JMU along with the construction company will build an appropriate facility with regards to student seating, suites, parking, etc....

Take a breath and relax......this is something that has been needed for a while as the only really aged/outdated athletic facility (one could argue swimming & diving needs a facelift).

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Hart Foundation - 05-15-2018 11:33 AM

What is the right number of suites ShadyP? It is a legit question and the official answer has changed multiple times.
Having faith is fine if you are just a fan. Faith isn’t sufficient if you are donating money to a $88 million arena.

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - ShadyP - 05-15-2018 01:07 PM

(05-15-2018 11:33 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  What is the right number of suites ShadyP? It is a legit question and the official answer has changed multiple times.
Having faith is fine if you are just a fan. Faith isn’t sufficient if you are donating money to a $88 million arena.

Hart, well I am not an AD at a D-I college/university so I really am not sure what the correct number of suites would be for a school like JMU and a setting in Harrisonburg, VA. Nor am I a contractor who has experience building such arenas. And if you, like me are neither of those you two really have no idea what the right number of suites is for JMU. Heck I can take a WAG at it just like anyone else but without the background and experience that is all it would be.....is it 2/4/6/8/10....I got no clue.

I do have faith and confidence based on recent past performance that JMU has constructed top-notch athletic and non-athletic facilities that meet the needs of the campus and community.

I don't recall off the top of my head how much the new D-Hall costs......but were we up in arms that it would have the right number of serving lines and food options or did we just have faith in the project. I also support the new COB and have faith it will be met to meet the current needs of the business school. I did not need to know the mix of lecture halls/small classrooms/study rooms/meeting rooms I figured they has the research and are building what is appropriate. I have also donated to the new bball arena and I trust the finished product will meet the needs.

If you want to know why don't you shoot off an email to Bourne/Alger/King on the number of suites. I am sure based on the pledge/donation you choose to make will determine how much information they choose to share.

I get the idle speculation and curiousity but do you have reason based on facilities to not have faith in the process.

I mean while we are at it with the suites.......will the facility have enough meeting rooms for the basketball teams, ample athletic training facilities, ample locker-room space, ample practice courts....are 12 restrooms enough in the concourse are and is the mix of urinals to stalls right for the men's restroom OR should their just be a piss-troth and a bag of ice...

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 05-15-2018 01:14 PM

Hart isn't going to be sitting in a suite anyway. If he were buying a suite, he'd know how many suites were going to be in the new building. I'm not sure why this is the new crusade.

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - ShadyP - 05-15-2018 01:33 PM

(05-15-2018 01:14 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Hart isn't going to be sitting in a suite anyway. If he were buying a suite, he'd know how many suites were going to be in the new building. I'm not sure why this is the new crusade.

This x1000

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - PGJMU2 - 05-15-2018 02:12 PM

(05-15-2018 01:33 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(05-15-2018 01:14 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Hart isn't going to be sitting in a suite anyway. If he were buying a suite, he'd know how many suites were going to be in the new building. I'm not sure why this is the new crusade.

This x1000

How many football suites are there? 8 or 10? I know they have a tough time selling those and that is a 5-6 game committment. How many corporations are in Harrisonburg that can fill a 10 person suite for 12-14 games a year? And what about filling it for the men's games?

I would say that number is between 0-4.

Probably easier to sell club seats than suites.

capacity is 8600. that is an even bigger lift

Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Potomac - 05-15-2018 04:01 PM

I’m rooting for a nice, updated piss trough myself. Something to make even the oldest blue hen fan blush.

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Deez Nuts - 05-15-2018 04:57 PM

(05-15-2018 04:01 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I’m rooting for a nice, updated piss trough myself. Something to make even the oldest blue hen fan blush.

Why do you think they included a giant wall along the length of one side of the court!?!?!

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - BSKB 24 - 05-15-2018 05:17 PM

Flaps!!!!!!

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Hart Foundation - 05-15-2018 11:26 PM

This is a false statement from Deez Nuts

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - H.U.S.T.L.E. - 05-16-2018 07:57 AM

How many corporations are there in the valley anyway? Sentara is about the only entity I can think of that could even put suites to use. Given the demographics of the region, two suites is probably more than enough.

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - DukedoG06 - 05-16-2018 08:18 AM

(05-16-2018 07:57 AM)H.U.S.T.L.E. Wrote:  How many corporations are there in the valley anyway? Sentara is about the only entity I can think of that could even put suites to use. Given the demographics of the region, two suites is probably more than enough.

Miller-Coors, Merck, Massanutten, what's in Staunton/Augusta County? I've got contacts at FedEx that say there is spend for their customers in the valley...there should be 8-10 suites..don't price them like your in DC or a professional team and I bet you could sell more than 2

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - Wear Purple - 05-16-2018 08:19 AM

(05-16-2018 08:18 AM)DukedoG06 Wrote:  
(05-16-2018 07:57 AM)H.U.S.T.L.E. Wrote:  How many corporations are there in the valley anyway? Sentara is about the only entity I can think of that could even put suites to use. Given the demographics of the region, two suites is probably more than enough.

Miller-Coors, Merck, Massanutten, what's in Staunton/Augusta County? I've got contacts at FedEx that say there is spend for their customers in the valley...there should be 8-10 suites..don't price them like your in DC or a professional team and I bet you could sell more than 2

Union Bank & Trust might want one (or two). Just sayin'. 03-thumbsup

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - BleedingPurple - 05-16-2018 09:23 AM

I would think eight to be appropriate, but as 06 stated, they need to be priced appropriately. Often suites are built to be two separate suites or one larger one.

As far as Wear Purple's suggestion, I would be totally shocked if Union Bank didn't have it in their contract to be given a suite.

RE: Union Bank & Trust Center Webcam - JMad03 - 05-16-2018 12:48 PM

They need to fix the cameras, because I just looked at them and I don't see the Union Bank and Trust Center anywhere! Come on, JMU!!!!