CSNbbs
Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic (/thread-849773.html)

Pages: 1 2

Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 05-11-2018 08:10 AM

Kickoff Classic Tripleheader

Quote:Northern Illinois athletic director Sean Frazier has reached out to organizers of the annual Chicago High School Kickoff Classic with hopes of bringing the football tripleheader to Huskie Stadium in DeKalb, the Tribune has learned.

An agreement could come as early as Friday at a meeting between NIU officials and representatives of the event, sources said.

. . .

Lockport versus Providence, St. Laurence versus Benet and Mount Carmel versus Hope Academy.

. . .

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - NIU1981 - 05-11-2018 12:39 PM

Any time we can get high school players and their parents into Huskie Stadium it's a good thing. I hope Sean is able to close the deal on this.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - huskie1stdown - 05-11-2018 02:35 PM

Good idea. I hope we get it.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - RitzHuskie - 05-11-2018 02:42 PM

(05-11-2018 12:39 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Any time we can get high school players and their parents into Huskie Stadium it's a good thing. I hope Sean is able to close the deal on this.

I noticed Mt. Carmel (with you know who as their coach) would be one of the teams slated to appear. I believe it would be 6 teams in all so not a bad advertisement for us.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - thxjoenovak - 05-11-2018 09:30 PM

Done.

STF 01-ncaabbs

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-spt-high-school-kickoff-classic-to-niu-20180511-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - prairiedawg - 05-11-2018 09:50 PM

Good job Frazier...the man is working. #MNIUGA

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - thxjoenovak - 05-11-2018 10:25 PM

The experience of hosting the IHSA playoffs (4 games a day) helps quite a bit.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - IWokeUpLikeThis - 05-11-2018 10:33 PM

And it’ll be played in perfectly August weather, as opposed to the usually frigid state final games.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - BDB5yp - 05-12-2018 01:11 AM

Yes!!!! Great opportunity to showcase NIU to guests and potential students/athletes and families to Dekalb. Good revenue opportunity as well. Go Huskies! Glad we got it over Toyota Park.....

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - StevenNIU - 05-12-2018 04:54 AM

This helps show people that Dekalb is not as far as they think it is.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - schaden - 05-12-2018 11:19 AM

Perfect! Grass roots. Shows commitment to the Illinois community.

Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - Dog Fan - 05-12-2018 11:29 AM

This is absolutely fabulous news. STF deserves a raise, contract extension, and a Nobel prize for this. Well, maybe we should hold off on the Nobel prize until next March after NIU gets into a NY6 bowl and the basketball team gets to the Big Dance!

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - schaden - 05-12-2018 11:37 AM

(05-12-2018 11:29 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  This is absolutely fabulous news. STF deserves a raise, contract extension, and a Nobel prize for this. Well, maybe we should hold off on the Nobel prize until next March after NIU gets into a NY6 bowl and the basketball team gets to the Big Dance!

We need madawg back. Dogfan responses are too predictable.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - Rabid Squirrel - 05-12-2018 12:00 PM

(05-12-2018 11:37 AM)schaden Wrote:  
(05-12-2018 11:29 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  This is absolutely fabulous news. STF deserves a raise, contract extension, and a Nobel prize for this. Well, maybe we should hold off on the Nobel prize until next March after NIU gets into a NY6 bowl and the basketball team gets to the Big Dance!

We need madawg back. Dogfan responses are too predictable.

Madawg will be back the moment Childers completes one deep ball. As the lone Childers supporter last year, MD's patiently waiting for that one "I told you so" moment for #15 in the 2018 season.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - machoman83 - 05-12-2018 02:24 PM

I would love to have maddawg back on this board too. It’s been too long. He’s a real fan even if we might not agree with him all the time

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - NIUSox10 - 05-12-2018 03:50 PM

MD and Nigel are both insane, but its nice to see some whacky viewpoints. They should both be allowed back.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - HuskieDave - 05-12-2018 03:52 PM

(05-12-2018 02:24 PM)machoman83 Wrote:  I would love to have maddawg back on this board too. It’s been too long. He’s a real fan even if we might not agree with him all the time

Why would we want to go back to having every thread highjacked? I, for one, disagree.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - 62423dp - 05-12-2018 08:19 PM

An excellent get by the NIU admin.
Don’t underestimate Uremovich (along with Jordan) connections with Catholic league getting this to NIU.

Bad look for the Bears to have this being played basically in George McCasky’s backyard.

This should be an awesome day of football. Major coup.

Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - Dog Fan - 05-12-2018 08:41 PM

(05-12-2018 02:24 PM)machoman83 Wrote:  I would love to have maddawg back on this board too. It’s been too long. He’s a real fan even if we might not agree with him all the time

+ infinity. MD needs to come back. I miss him a lot. He should have never been booted off.

RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic - prairiedawg - 05-12-2018 09:54 PM

(05-12-2018 08:41 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

+ infinity. MD needs to come back. I miss him a lot. He should have never been booted off.

Stupid he got booted off....what the Hell happened to freedom of speech? That man disrespected noone on this board. A few select a holes got him booted.