CSNbbs
Had to post it... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Had to post it... (/thread-849225.html)

Had to post it... - Boca Rocket - 05-02-2018 09:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWYa1dDxn0

RE: Had to post it... - H2Oville Rocket - 05-02-2018 10:28 AM

Rocket tough!

RE: Had to post it... - NewMex RocketFan - 05-02-2018 10:48 AM

Great story!
Thanks for sharing Boca.

RE: Had to post it... - Stpetebeachrocketfan - 05-02-2018 02:00 PM

Great story

RE: Had to post it... - MotoRocket - 05-03-2018 01:55 PM

Saw it this morning on national news at Fox News. This was a much longer story than on Fox - what station was this on? Doesn't look like a national broadcast, but I don't watch ABC News.

RE: Had to post it... - H2Oville Rocket - 05-03-2018 03:00 PM

(05-03-2018 01:55 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Saw it this morning on national news at Fox News. This was a much longer story than on Fox - what station was this on? Doesn't look like a national broadcast, but I don't watch ABC News.

Appears to be ABC News, National. Googled the anchor’s name and that’s what came up.

RE: Had to post it... - MotoRocket - 05-03-2018 06:43 PM

(05-03-2018 03:00 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(05-03-2018 01:55 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Saw it this morning on national news at Fox News. This was a much longer story than on Fox - what station was this on? Doesn't look like a national broadcast, but I don't watch ABC News.

Appears to be ABC News, National. Googled the anchor’s name and that’s what came up.

Good for them, they gave it a pretty substantial amount of time. Has to help for publicity for UT. I didn't hear it mentioned on this piece, but on the other one, they said they were going back over records and found out he had enough credits for an Associates Degree. He had not gone back to school to get the degree he will receive. Not sure that was clear in the piece shown.

RE: Had to post it... - H2Oville Rocket - 05-03-2018 08:34 PM

(05-03-2018 06:43 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Good for them, they gave it a pretty substantial amount of time. Has to help for publicity for UT. I didn't hear it mentioned on this piece, but on the other one, they said they were going back over records and found out he had enough credits for an Associates Degree. He had not gone back to school to get the degree he will receive. Not sure that was clear in the piece shown.

The ABC piece sorta made it sound like they were just giving him a degree. You are correct- it was not clear.

RE: Had to post it... - MotoRocket - 05-07-2018 03:07 PM

(05-03-2018 08:34 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(05-03-2018 06:43 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

The ABC piece sorta made it sound like they were just giving him a degree. You are correct- it was not clear.

Did a story again on Fox News this weekend - showed some film of him at the graduation ceremony in the Glass Bowl. Prominently showed "UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO GRADUATION" on the screen through the entire story. Great publicity.