CSNbbs
Excited about this team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Excited about this team (/thread-848885.html)

Excited about this team - BDB5yp - 04-26-2018 08:14 AM

Wish I could be in town to catch the Huskie Bowl/Practice....Going to be a beautiful day in Dekalb.

This weeks Hype video: https://youtu.be/OzjCeEgVHv8

RE: Excited about this team - thxjoenovak - 04-26-2018 09:32 AM

Somebody threw Wesley a nice ball at the :30 second mark.

RE: Excited about this team - NIUfilmmaker - 04-26-2018 10:26 AM

Pics?

Good energy around this team for me as well. Fingers crossed.

RE: Excited about this team - HW58 - 04-26-2018 10:27 AM

Looking forward to going on Saturday. Never been to the spring game/practice. From the sound of it, I'm kind of glad it's a practice instead of a "simulated game," as Dog Fan called it. Sight unseen, I've got this comparison to MLB spring training in my head. Been to a lot of spring training over he years and have always found the practices interesting and the "games" pointless and boring. Anxious to see what this is all about.

RE: Excited about this team - bikechuck - 04-26-2018 10:55 AM

The success of this year's team will hinge on how much improvement Childers has made in the passing game. He showed shockingly little ability to throw the football for a D1 QB in his initial year. Hopefully NIU has coaches on staff that have been able to help him progress. If so, there is enough talent on both sides of the ball for a successful season.

RE: Excited about this team - Dog Fan - 04-26-2018 10:59 AM

(04-26-2018 10:55 AM)bikechuck Wrote:  The success of this year's team will hinge on how much improvement Childers has made in the passing game. He showed shockingly little ability to throw the football for a D1 QB in his initial year. Hopefully NIU has coaches on staff that have been able to help him progress. If so, there is enough talent on both sides of the ball for a successful season.

Very true. As is usually the case - and ALWAYS in the MAC - everything rests on the shoulders of the QB.

RE: Excited about this team - MileHighHuskie - 04-26-2018 12:42 PM

I am excited for this team as well and agree it starts with the QB. Would be great to get some more info close to the source on how Childers is looking, guess you all will have reports from spring practice/game. Go Huskies....

RE: Excited about this team - HuskiePride12 - 04-26-2018 01:58 PM

Another grad transfer available from Arizona State. Would have two years left.... we can only hope NIU has made contact.

RE: Excited about this team - NIUSAE - 04-26-2018 04:19 PM

The QB from ASU is going to Indiana.

RE: Excited about this team - NIU007 - 04-27-2018 11:28 PM

If Childers steps up we have a chance to be very good. That's what I'm hoping for.

RE: Excited about this team - IWokeUpLikeThis - 04-28-2018 02:41 PM

Super excited about this schedule. Intrigued by all 12 games.

RE: Excited about this team - Skinut - 04-30-2018 11:52 AM

Huck 'em Fuskies!

RE: Excited about this team - Dog Fan - 04-30-2018 12:02 PM

I am excited about Huskie Stadium. Screw the Master Plan. Just a little over 4 months to pee in the urinal troughs again! With my new prostate pills, I am challenging myself to shoot a full stream down the entire length of the trough. Hey, gotta look forward to something! 02-13-banana

RE: Excited about this team - Skinut - 04-30-2018 12:40 PM

Aim high!

RE: Excited about this team - clcfball11 - 05-01-2018 09:00 AM

I'm normally overly optimistic about NIU football but think I am even more so this season. The defense could be reeaally tough and that's always the essential piece for an NIU team to compete with the big boys.

The schedule is exciting because they're all tough but winnable games if "we" reach our ceiling. Iowa can't come soon enough.

Get some solid QB play and look out.

RE: Excited about this team - Splooie99 - 05-04-2018 08:02 AM

Like last year and the year before QB play will make or break this years team. I'm hoping to catch Iowa off balance. Utah as well. I will be at both of those games, (Live and in person, I normally only get to see the team when they come to the west coast.) Can't wait to see how NIU has changes over the years.