CSNbbs
Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. (/thread-848400.html)

Pages: 1 2

Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - TechRocks - 04-19-2018 08:16 AM

From none other than our favorite soy boy, Jimmy Comey.

Quote:When I say that I think President Donald Trump is unfit for office, I want to be precise. I'm keen to distinguish what I mean from stuff I've read earlier this year — the notion that he might be medically unfit or in cognitive decline or have early Alzheimer's. I saw no evidence of that. I found him, as I say in the book, to be of above average intelligence and able to follow conversations. I'm not an expert, but I didn't see any evidence that he's medically or physically unfit for office.

But what did strike me, as I thought about my encounters with him, is that he was somebody without the normal external reference points that a leader has to have. Leaders make hard decisions by drawing upon external reference points, usually a combination of things. Some draw on religious traditions, some draw on logic or philosophy, some on history, some on tradition. Trump’s only reference point appeared to be internal; He is driven by what decision, what course of action will get him the affirmation he so craves. In fact, I've never actually seen in an adult more craving for affirmation.

Anyone who sees moral equivalence in Charlottesville, who speaks about and treats women like pieces of meat, who lies constantly — about small things, big things, medium-sized things — and who insists that everybody else must believe his lies, has no ethical bearings. Together, these various observations led me to a judgment that I never thought I would actually reach about a president.

So what do we do now? The impeachment process is one laid out in our Constitution, and it's one that should be driven entirely by the law and the facts. It involves two different branches of government. I don't know where that'll go, but it should be allowed to work as it's designed in the Constitution.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/impeaching-trump-won-t-fix-crisis-america-desperately-needs-political-ncna867046

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - 49RFootballNow - 04-19-2018 09:10 AM

My thoughts on Comey: Ray Watts

My reaction: 07-coffee3

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - CliftonAve - 04-19-2018 09:17 AM

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Paul M - 04-19-2018 09:25 AM

Title is correct. We don't bar anyone from the office for either.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Old Dominion - 04-19-2018 09:25 AM

Comey's right, you know.

Here's an article that is fairly complimentary to Nikki Haley but points out just one area where his insecurity, pettiness and lack of a world view really hurts our country. If I were a Repub (not in a million years) I would be happy with his SCOTUS nominee but very disheartened by his profound lack of moral compass.
He is, all things considered, a horrible president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/world/europe/trump-nikki-haley-russia-sanctions.html

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - VA49er - 04-19-2018 09:44 AM

Anything to sell books I guess........

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - SoMs Eagle - 04-19-2018 10:07 AM

He thinks so.....so that makes him moral in his undermining and attempted destruction of a legitimately elected president. He is just more moral and intelligent than the basket of deplorables that elected this mob boss.
Comey should go to jail. He should be an example of what will happen if you go down this path.
Do your job and if you don’t like it resign.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Bull_Is_Back - 04-19-2018 10:12 AM

The most damning thing out there is that Comey decided to release information on the assumption that Hillary would win, in hopes that it would help her administration.

If someone said that he had done that six months ago they would have been called a conspiracy nut. But he has admitted it, and his actions show that the idea of the "deep state" may not be as far fetched as it looks.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Brookes Owl - 04-19-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:Trump’s only reference point appeared to be internal; He is driven by what decision, what course of action will get him the affirmation he so craves.

Not much to disagree with there.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - TechRocks - 04-19-2018 10:14 AM

(04-19-2018 09:25 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Comey's right, you know.

Here's an article that is fairly complimentary to Nikki Haley but points out just one area where his insecurity, pettiness and lack of a world view really hurts our country. If I were a Repub (not in a million years) I would be happy with his SCOTUS nominee but very disheartened by his profound lack of moral compass.
He is, all things considered, a horrible president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/world/europe/trump-nikki-haley-russia-sanctions.html

He's a fine president working hard to get the job done and honoring his campaign pledges, something few others have attempted in my lifetime of watching politics and I've been doing so since JFK was president.

Were you equally as disheatened by Clinton's profound lack of a moral compass, or JKF's for that matter? If not, why not?

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Bull_Is_Back - 04-19-2018 10:16 AM

(04-19-2018 09:25 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Here's an article that is fairly complimentary to Nikki Haley but points out just one area where his insecurity, pettiness and lack of a world view really hurts our country. If I were a Repub (not in a million years) I would be happy with his SCOTUS nominee but very disheartened by his profound lack of moral compass.

LOL.... after years of screaming about how evil it is to put morals into politics the left has come around I see...

Look, as to the bold, have you not been reading what we say, or do you just disgard the parts you don't like.

A lot of people here have said trump is somewhat slimy, and that hes not really likeable. But the ta cuts (which have helped move the economy forward), he attitude that people of faith should not be prosecuted for it, and his S.C. choices are all great.

He's the president, not the pope.

Quote:He is, all things considered, a horrible president.

By what measure?
I mean I think he's a terrible man, immoral and personally slimy, but in what way is the nation worse off now than 5 years ago?

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - TechRocks - 04-19-2018 10:19 AM

(04-19-2018 10:13 AM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  
Quote:Trump’s only reference point appeared to be internal; He is driven by what decision, what course of action will get him the affirmation he so craves.

I agree with the first part, that Trump's reference point is internal, and I see nothing wrong with that btw.

The second part, that his decisions are driven by what will get him the affirmation he so craves is debateable, but in the end, does it really matter if the outcome is good for America?

For Comey, on the otherhand, getting affirmation certainly applies.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - WKUYG - 04-19-2018 10:25 AM

History will look at the job President Trump did a lot more favorable than Comey. Hell Comey will probably be looked at as a benedict arnold...

50 years from now benedict arnold will be replaced by a " you are a James Comey"

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - umbluegray - 04-19-2018 10:42 AM

Wait a sec... a liar and morally unfit for office?

How does this differ from practically every other politician on the face of the planet?

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - usmbacker - 04-19-2018 10:50 AM

[Image: 29y46l5.jpg]

Hopefully Comey's judgment day is coming.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - VA49er - 04-19-2018 10:56 AM

(04-19-2018 10:42 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  Wait a sec... a liar and morally unfit for office?

How does this differ from practically every other politician on the face of the planet?

It doesn't. It's just "worse" because Trump. lol @ TDS

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Old Dominion - 04-19-2018 11:01 AM

(04-19-2018 10:19 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  

I agree with the first part, that Trump's reference point is internal, and I see nothing wrong with that btw.

The second part, that his decisions are driven by what will get him the affirmation he so craves is debateable, but in the end, does it really matter if the outcome is good for America?

An internal reference point, as expressed by some on here, says the tax overhaul is good, because it puts a few dollars in my pocket. An external reference point says the tax overhaul was bad, despite the fact I gained from it, it will increase the national debt by an unacceptable amount, which is bad for the country.
This sums up in one little example what has gone fundamentally wrong with this country and it's people.

We've lost the ability to be externally focused.

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - WKUYG - 04-19-2018 11:06 AM

(04-19-2018 11:01 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 10:19 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  

An internal reference point, as expressed by some on here, says the tax overhaul is good, because it puts a few dollars in my pocket. An external reference point says the tax overhaul was bad, despite the fact I gained from it, it will increase the national debt by an unacceptable amount, which is bad for the country.
This sums up in one little example what has gone fundamentally wrong with this country and it's people.

We've lost the ability to be externally focused.

Almost said something about why wasn't this a problem the previous 8 years....

then it hit me, you said you never paid any attention to President Obama or what happen during his 8 years.

Could you tell us why you never (you did say never) paid any attention? In prison? couldn't be that they have TVs. In a jungle where no news reached you? In a coma for 8 years? Didn't have TV, Internet?

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - Bull_Is_Back - 04-19-2018 11:22 AM

(04-19-2018 11:01 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  An internal reference point, as expressed by some on here, says the tax overhaul is good, because it puts a few dollars in my pocket. An external reference point says the tax overhaul was bad, despite the fact I gained from it, it will increase the national debt by an unacceptable amount, which is bad for the country.

And we need progressives to tell us when internal is good and external is bad... Like Obama Care which greatly increased the deficit, the cost of health care, and destroyed a lot of major medical plans small business owers were using (external).

But with my subsidies "I'm" better off (internal)

Quote:We've lost the ability to be externally focused.

I'm one of the few people who are not going to enormously benefit from the tax plan. I'll be getting maybe 1K a year more back, and I didn't get a bonus (internal).... But I like that it has spurred investments, increased hiring, increased wages for a lot of low skill workers, and has pushed the economy forward (external).

RE: Trump is a liar and morally unfit for office. - thespiritof1976 - 04-19-2018 11:27 AM

The liberals that complain about Trump fooling around with beautiful women are probably just jealous that Trump can get a 10 and Clinton got 3's.