CSNbbs
Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott (/thread-848231.html)

Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - usmbacker - 04-16-2018 09:26 PM

I bet little David throws another tantrum when he gets this news tidbit.

Quote:Fox News host Laura Ingraham’s viewership has gone up by 20 percent since gun control activist David Hogg initiated a boycott of her advertisers late last month.

Hogg went after “Ingraham Angle” advertisers on March 29, and that week Ingraham’s ratings had averaged about 2.23 million, but last week she returned from vacation and her ratings climbed to around 2.7 million, NewsBusters reported. Hogg, a 17-year-old student who survived February’s mass shooting in Parkland, Fla., targeted Ingraham’s advertisers last month after she tweeted an article about him being turned down from four different campuses in the University of California school system.

The boycott, which was pushed by Media Matters for America among other liberal-leaning groups, led to at 27 companies dropping their ads from her show, as of Friday.

Keep reading here....

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - SuperFlyBCat - 04-16-2018 09:30 PM

04-cheers

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Attackcoog - 04-17-2018 12:07 AM

(04-16-2018 09:26 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

I bet little David throws another tantrum when he gets this news tidbit.

Quote:Fox News host Laura Ingraham’s viewership has gone up by 20 percent since gun control activist David Hogg initiated a boycott of her advertisers late last month.

Hogg went after “Ingraham Angle” advertisers on March 29, and that week Ingraham’s ratings had averaged about 2.23 million, but last week she returned from vacation and her ratings climbed to around 2.7 million, NewsBusters reported. Hogg, a 17-year-old student who survived February’s mass shooting in Parkland, Fla., targeted Ingraham’s advertisers last month after she tweeted an article about him being turned down from four different campuses in the University of California school system.

The boycott, which was pushed by Media Matters for America among other liberal-leaning groups, led to at 27 companies dropping their ads from her show, as of Friday.

Keep reading here....

lol..Now thats funny.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - thespiritof1976 - 04-17-2018 06:55 AM

The people that were boycotting her show never watched it in the first place so if you think about it, it not only didn't work but was actually a double negative.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Kronke - 04-17-2018 10:07 AM

Winning.

Quote:A major advertiser announced that it is returning to Laura Ingraham's “The Ingraham Angle” on Fox News after the show faced an intense boycott over a tweet that offended a student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In an email to TheWrap, a spokeswoman for Ace Hardware said that the company reversed its decision and apologized for having “incomplete information” when it made the initial decision to drop advertisements from Ingraham's show.

The boycotts, led by far-left activist David Hogg, appear to have had little to no impact at Fox News, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

A person familiar with Fox News' ad sales strategy said there's been no impact on the company's bottom line, as advertisers who have pulled out of Ingraham's show have either moved their spend to other shows or are holding the money in reserve.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29440/major-advertiser-returns-ingraham-ratings-soar-ryan-saavedra

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - umbluegray - 04-17-2018 11:46 AM

Been busy with life/work so I haven't been able to call these stupid companies that made a call.

I just called Arby's. They said they have not changed their advertising. I asked if that means they continue to advertise on her show and they confirmed.

I told them I'll stick around as a customer for a while. I told them it's probably int their best interest to NOT to take a political stand on any issue. Once they do they'll isolate a large percentage of their customer base.

Now I'm going to call Wayfair. My wife shops them alot.

hey, if the stick to their initial stand of dropping advertising and i cancel our account, I stand to save a LOT of money.

Win!

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - umbluegray - 04-17-2018 12:57 PM

Wayfair customer service agent stated he was not able to talk about this issue.

I said that given their public announcement to pull advertising I assume their decision not to discuss this means that they have not changed their policy. Again Thomas said he could not discuss it.

I then said the fact that they been directed not to discuss it means they're getting some blowback.

Again, he can't discuss. So I asked who could discuss it. I was eventually transferred to a customer service manager.

I went through the spiel again about recently buying two $400 bedside tables and two lamps. I told him we just sold our house and my wife is looking forward to buying more furniture for the new home.

I also explained that I don't care about people's personal political beliefs and that it takes all kinds to make the world go around. I explained that when a company takes a political stand they are isolating a large portion of their customer base -- one side of the issue or the other.

I explained that I don't watch her show. I asked if they are still standing by the decision to pull advertising from her show.

He said that policy hasn't changed. I told him Arby's backed off their plans to pull advertising and that Ace did a 180 and started advertising again.

He said they haven't changed their policy but that it could change in the future. I told him to delete my account right now. We went through that process.

I told him that these kind of public announcement are chic, trendy and cool, but oftentimes reversal of a position isn't so chic and isn't announced with as much fanfare. I told him if I saw a statement about a reversal we'll set up another account.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Ohio Poly - 04-17-2018 07:28 PM

Funny how she's been very quiet about her future "pre-planned" vacation schedule since coming back.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Bull_Is_Back - 04-17-2018 07:55 PM

(04-17-2018 07:28 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Funny how she's been very quiet about her future "pre-planned" vacation schedule since coming back.

Her viewership is up and sponsors are coming right back... The whole hogg thing proved to be nothing.

BTW, her quote was this

> David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

Not exactly a scathing insult... Hogg could have been the bigger man-let and just let it go.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - umbluegray - 04-18-2018 09:40 AM

(04-17-2018 07:55 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(04-17-2018 07:28 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Funny how she's been very quiet about her future "pre-planned" vacation schedule since coming back.

Her viewership is up and sponsors are coming right back... The whole hogg thing proved to be nothing.

BTW, her quote was this

> David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

Not exactly a scathing insult... Hogg could have been the bigger man-let and just let it go.

He also could've been the bigger man by accepting her apology without putting conditions to it.

But, as was insinuated in another thread, he's a kid so we should give him a pass on everything.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Kaplony - 04-18-2018 09:43 AM

Has there been a recent leftist boycott that actually worked?

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - MemTigers1998 - 04-18-2018 09:49 AM

(04-18-2018 09:43 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Has there been a recent leftist boycott that actually worked?

It works by getting the trashy liberals away from the things us normal folks enjoy therefore making it more enjoyable.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - SuperFlyBCat - 04-18-2018 11:03 AM

(04-18-2018 09:40 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(04-17-2018 07:55 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

BTW, her quote was this

He also could've been the bigger man by accepting her apology without putting conditions to it.

But, as was insinuated in another thread, he's a kid so we should give him a pass on everything.

He ain't no man!

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - miko33 - 04-18-2018 12:41 PM

Speaking of boycotts...

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/986336690263482368

It's starting to get ridiculous. If anyone decides to boycott Vanguard because of David Hogg...then that person will be a major idiot. This is where economic/financial issues will trump "values" in the political arena.

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - olliebaba - 04-18-2018 07:28 PM

(04-18-2018 09:49 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(04-18-2018 09:43 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Has there been a recent leftist boycott that actually worked?

It works by getting the trashy liberals away from the things us normal folks enjoy therefore making it more enjoyable.

Yeah, no pink or blue hair and sashaying males. LOL

RE: Ingraham’s Viewership Increases 20 Percent Since David Hogg’s Boycott - Kronke - 04-19-2018 01:50 AM

(04-18-2018 12:41 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Speaking of boycotts...

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/986336690263482368

It's starting to get ridiculous. If anyone decides to boycott Vanguard because of David Hogg...then that person will be a major idiot. This is where economic/financial issues will trump "values" in the political arena.

LOL yes, boycott Vanguard and BlackRock, and their combined $12 trillion in assets under management. Shooters shoot (I guess), but I wonder if he ran that by his "allies" at twitter, given how Vanguard is their top institutional holder.

That kid has some serious learning and growing up to do.