CSNbbs
It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball (/thread-848074.html)

Pages: 1 2

It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - geosnooker2000 - 04-14-2018 09:18 PM

domains. Now that both are looking to be very popular (I hesitate to say good or great - don't want to jinx basketball), THIS will be a battle that is unbecoming of our fan base.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Julian - 04-14-2018 09:51 PM

Dockery-Finch means Football-Basketball. There aren't enough posters here to have two separate forums. The basketball and football icons can be used to distinguish each thread. I only see the same handful of posters posting every day on every thread. Maybe if there were like at least 100 unique posters posting every day, then yes.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - geosnooker2000 - 04-14-2018 10:25 PM

Well, a football icon was used, but apparently that's not enough to keep people from trying to turn it into a basketball thread.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Julian - 04-14-2018 10:27 PM

Just like how the basketball team and coaches showed up at the football spring scrimmage. It's interchangeable.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Dak10 - 04-15-2018 12:25 AM

It’s all about the Tigers

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - k2tigers - 04-15-2018 03:15 AM

LMAO

GTG

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - wylioats - 04-15-2018 06:43 AM

Love me some Tiger football and basketball, enjoy reading/posting about both without having to switch from one forum to another. GO TIGERS!

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - BIGDTiger - 04-15-2018 08:25 AM

This was tried a few years back and it didn’t work out so well therefore we went back to one board for both.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Latilleon - 04-15-2018 08:36 AM

(04-14-2018 09:51 PM)Julian Wrote:  Dockery-Finch means Football-Basketball. There aren't enough posters here to have two separate forums. The basketball and football icons can be used to distinguish each thread. I only see the same handful of posters posting every day on every thread. Maybe if there were like at least 100 unique posters posting every day, then yes.

*Not enough posters for separate Football and basketball forums, but enough for recruiting, NTR sports, Grizzlies, and soccer (!?!).

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - BandwagonJumper - 04-15-2018 08:48 AM

(04-15-2018 08:25 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  This was tried a few years back and it didn’t work out so well therefore we went back to one board for both.

[Image: 1*ghsS6XcszTfl9UTYGdYsSg.jpeg]

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - AlonsoWDC - 04-15-2018 12:53 PM

I don't see why this would be necessary.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Sundanceuiuc - 04-15-2018 01:44 PM

Geo, this is one of our 3 core disagreements (we have few as I really admire you), but this is one.

One board to rule them all!

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - geosnooker2000 - 04-15-2018 11:26 PM

Well then maybe the mods should consider "moderating" some of the asinine behavior in that and other football threads.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - AlonsoWDC - 04-15-2018 11:31 PM

Aren't you conservative?

Don't you believe in more hands-off treatment from the governing powers?

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - geosnooker2000 - 04-16-2018 12:11 AM

(04-15-2018 11:31 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Aren't you conservative?

No. I am a Libertarian (which would actually bolster your point). But this is not the Government. This is a fan site. I can choose to, or not to, 'do business' here. I also have the freedom of speech to voice my opinion about the need for separation of football from basketball. Exhibit "B" is the "Norvell is killing it" thread.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - AlonsoWDC - 04-16-2018 12:29 AM

I agree wholeheartedly that those are two terrible threads.

Not sure if I would do anything about them in the manner you are suggesting though.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - geosnooker2000 - 04-16-2018 12:47 AM

(04-16-2018 12:29 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  I agree wholeheartedly that those are two terrible threads.

Not sure if I would do anything about them in the manner you are suggesting though.

Well? We have a "warning level" for a reason, I presume. Might as well use them by telling those that insist on trying to inject bb into FB threads for the sake of being ****** to stop or face some sort of punishment.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - Sundanceuiuc - 04-16-2018 12:16 PM

(04-16-2018 12:11 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

No. I am a Libertarian (which would actually bolster your point). But this is not the Government. This is a fan site. I can choose to, or not to, 'do business' here. I also have the freedom of speech to voice my opinion about the need for separation of football from basketball. Exhibit "B" is the "Norvell is killing it" thread.

On fairness, I didn't even read the Norvell is killing it thread.

Why?

It's a self evident fact.
Norvell is, indeed, killing it.

No need to read it 03-wink

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - geosnooker2000 - 04-16-2018 12:20 PM

(04-16-2018 12:16 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  
(04-16-2018 12:11 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

On fairness, I didn't even read the Norvell is killing it thread.

Why?

It's a self evident fact.
Norvell is, indeed, killing it.

No need to read it 03-wink

Somebody cleaned it up. You should have seen it before the mod got involved.

RE: It is becoming apparent that we will soon need separate football and basketball - snowtiger - 04-16-2018 12:28 PM

We just gotts to take the bad posters with the good.

It's all good.

Different forums ain't gonna change that.