CSNbbs
I wish 2018 football season was here - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: I wish 2018 football season was here (/thread-847782.html)

I wish 2018 football season was here - Wilkie01 - 04-10-2018 01:48 PM

I do not get excited about spring games, because they are just another intersquad practice game. How, about the NCAA let ever team have one home and one away exhibition game against other schools? Just a thought. 07-coffee3

RE: I wish 2018 football season was here - Kaplony - 04-10-2018 02:45 PM

It'll never happen.

For one since it's between the period where players have exhausted eligibility and the incoming class is enrolled there's a lot of schools with depth problems at key positions. Add in players who are recovering from injury and it gets even worse. You are going to be forced to put players who may not be ready in positions just to fill the depth chart. That runs the risk of getting someone hurt.

Then you have to figure in coaches not wanting to give early season opponents anything to see on tape so there's limited value in such a scrimmage.

And finally comes the fact that if teams are only allowed one per year then good luck convincing someone to play on the road. Their fans are going to want to see their team at their place. The programs are going to want the revenue from concessions, etc.

RE: I wish 2018 football season was here - The Grassy Nole - 04-10-2018 02:51 PM

It would be awesome if FCS did Spring ball instead of Fall, I am sure the ratings would probably be pretty high too