CSNbbs
More good tbits from TMo - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: More good tbits from TMo (/thread-846920.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

More good tbits from TMo - RamblinRedWolf - 03-28-2018 12:38 PM

Some interesting convo discussions Astate ad shared during his weekly radio interviews...

-stated there could be some shakeups with the Belts current bowl affiliations after the mortatorium ends in 2019, and said there are groups in Atlanta & Charlotte that might be interested in a starting a bowl game up

-Also said karl benson will be retiring as commissioner within the next year or two

I’ll share the link of his interview once it gets posted

RE: More good tbits from TMo - JTApps1 - 03-28-2018 12:46 PM

(03-28-2018 12:38 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Some interesting convo discussions Astate ad shared during his weekly radio interviews...

-stated there could be some shakeups with the Belts current bowl affiliations after the mortatorium ends in 2019, and said there are groups in Atlanta & Charlotte that might be interested in a starting a bowl game up

-Also said karl benson will be retiring as commissioner within the next year or two

The City Of Charlotte/County is about renovate old Memorial Stadium just outside of downtown. The original plan was to build a new stadium on that site to land an MLS team, but once that didn't work out plans were scaled back to a major renovation of the current stadium which is home to minor league soccer and lacrosse. Adding a bowl game would make sense considering the investment being made.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - Yosef Himself - 03-28-2018 01:11 PM

A Charlotte or Atlanta bowl game would be huge for the eastern teams. Drop the Arizona Bowl for either of those proposed cities and match it with CUSA or AAC and you'd have a damn good crowd.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - Georgia_Power_Company - 03-28-2018 01:15 PM

I never get tired of Bowl games but I think 5 is the reasonable limit for us given we are a 10 team conference. Dropping the Arizona Bowl would be Okay but adding one in Charlotte doesn't serve the western division very well. The Cure Bowl may be more in jeopardy than any of them really.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - CardinalBlackTrojan - 03-28-2018 02:04 PM

(03-28-2018 12:38 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Some interesting convo discussions Astate ad shared during his weekly radio interviews...

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Overall I like what Benson has done as commissioner. Bringing in App State/Georgia Southern/Texas State/UTA was his best move.

What I'm worried about is if Benson leaves... we could wind up with a lot worse... similar to how CUSA got Judy MacLeod. Look at what that's done for them...

RE: More good tbits from TMo - Yosef Himself - 03-28-2018 02:10 PM

(03-28-2018 01:15 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  I never get tired of Bowl games but I think 5 is the reasonable limit for us given we are a 10 team conference. Dropping the Arizona Bowl would be Okay but adding one in Charlotte doesn't serve the western division very well. The Cure Bowl may be more in jeopardy than any of them really.
The western teams have Mobile, Montgomery and New Orleans. Give the East the Cure and CLT/ATL.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: More good tbits from TMo - TrueBlueDrew - 03-28-2018 02:16 PM

(03-28-2018 02:10 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 01:15 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  I never get tired of Bowl games but I think 5 is the reasonable limit for us given we are a 10 team conference. Dropping the Arizona Bowl would be Okay but adding one in Charlotte doesn't serve the western division very well. The Cure Bowl may be more in jeopardy than any of them really.
The western teams have Mobile, Montgomery and New Orleans. Give the East the Cure and CLT/ATL.

The Alabama bowls aren't exactly "western." Another bowl in Louisiana or Houston would be more accessible to the SBC west and especially for teams like TXST.

The bowls in Shreveport and Houston are currently hanging in the balance, so we might luck out.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - Georgia_Power_Company - 03-28-2018 02:19 PM

I understand what you're saying but really the Bowls in Alabama and Florida are easy drives for most of the Eastern Division. Not saying Arizona is an easy drive for the West but Charlotte or Orlando are not either. I guess the Alabama Bowls go either way but to me a Bowl added in Texas would be a good thing.

Maybe if Karl can do us a solid before he bows out and can get us in the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the Frisco Bowl instead of the Arizona Bowl. I'd like to see us keep the two bowls in Alabama and the New Orleans Bowl and then if we loose the Cure add one in Atlanta or Charlotte.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - Florida RedWolf - 03-28-2018 02:23 PM

(03-28-2018 02:04 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Overall I like what Benson has done as commissioner. Bringing in App State/Georgia Southern/Texas State/UTA was his best move.

What I'm worried about is if Benson leaves... we could wind up with a lot worse... similar to how CUSA got Judy MacLeod. Look at what that's done for them...

Do not be concerned! Our AD's and the presidents know the type of commissioner needed to move us forward and they will make the right decision. Its too important not to do so. Replacing Karl is a real opportunity for the conference. I'm not throwing Karl overboard but do think we will have a guy to move us big steps forward. The future is bright with this good news.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - RamblinRedWolf - 03-28-2018 02:26 PM

Here's the full interview

http://953theticket.com/workday-redzone-interview-with-terry-mohajir-22/

RE: More good tbits from TMo - arkstfan - 03-28-2018 04:27 PM

(03-28-2018 02:19 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

I understand what you're saying but really the Bowls in Alabama and Florida are easy drives for most of the Eastern Division. Not saying Arizona is an easy drive for the West but Charlotte or Orlando are not either. I guess the Alabama Bowls go either way but to me a Bowl added in Texas would be a good thing.

Maybe if Karl can do us a solid before he bows out and can get us in the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the Frisco Bowl instead of the Arizona Bowl. I'd like to see us keep the two bowls in Alabama and the New Orleans Bowl and then if we loose the Cure add one in Atlanta or Charlotte.

The geographic center of the league is in Mississippi. The Mobile and Montgomery games are east of the centerpoint.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - airtroop - 03-28-2018 04:33 PM

I vote for T-Mo for commish.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - rokamortis - 03-28-2018 04:54 PM

(03-28-2018 04:33 PM)airtroop Wrote:  I vote for T-Mo for commish.

I was thinking the same thing.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - sdcritter - 03-28-2018 06:19 PM

Three of us now.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - EigenEagle - 03-28-2018 06:49 PM

(03-28-2018 06:19 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Three of us now.

Huh? He's much more useful to Ark State as an AD than he is as a commissioner.

Honestly, my only complaint is I wish we'd have someone a little more enthusiastic in interviews and have someone that would've stuck up for us when we applied for our bowl waiver. Aside from that, the commissioner is mostly a figurehead.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - sdcritter - 03-28-2018 07:14 PM

He could be so much more. I don't want to lose TMo but if he promoted our conference the way he's pushed the Redwolves it would be good for all of us IMHO.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - warhawk09 - 03-28-2018 07:36 PM

My goodness, he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - Fanof49ASU - 03-28-2018 07:36 PM

I don’t want TMO leaving stAte. He might help the conference, but stAte would pay the price with his departure.
We can’t replace him....and I’ve seen some HORRIBLE ADs come and go.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - sdcritter - 03-28-2018 08:32 PM

(03-28-2018 07:36 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  My goodness, he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

LOL. He's crazy like a fox. His tongue slips when it needs to. I'm surprised you folks haven't noticed that.

I agree on not wanting him to leave stAte. But it will happen eventually. The guy is way too good to stay with us forever. So if he went to a job that continued to benefit us, I think I'd be OK with that.

RE: More good tbits from TMo - chiefsfan - 03-28-2018 09:03 PM

(03-28-2018 06:49 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 06:19 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Three of us now.

Huh? He's much more useful to Ark State as an AD than he is as a commissioner.

Honestly, my only complaint is I wish we'd have someone a little more enthusiastic in interviews and have someone that would've stuck up for us when we applied for our bowl waiver. Aside from that, the commissioner is mostly a figurehead.

I'd prefer him as commish honestly. Still not sold on everything he's claiming to do for Athletics.