CSNbbs
NCAA Tournament discussion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: NCAA Tournament discussion (/thread-845350.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-12-2018 09:46 AM

Another year, more of the same. Super difficult for mids to get bids. Gotta play in good tournaments and win your 1-2 chances. It is that simple. Not a lot of exciting matchups in my opinion. Does not appear mids were set up very well to make a run. CofC appears to me to have the best chance at a run.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - relaxing - 03-12-2018 11:04 AM

I dunno Auburn looks pretty good, unless they have injuries or something?

Leaving St Mary's out is egregious when you see the committee stretched to put in 3 ACC teams with <50 RPIs. FSU didn't even finish with a winning conference record.

I have no idea whether to be mad about leaving out those CUSA schools. The college basketball landscape has gotten weird in the past few years and I'm really not sure what to make of it anymore.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-12-2018 12:15 PM

Auburn lost their interior shot blocking big man for the year and just got smoked by barely above .500 overall Alabama.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-12-2018 12:17 PM

Also teams that made the tournament with losing conference records: Syracuse, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona State, Alabama

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - J.B. - 03-12-2018 01:53 PM

(03-12-2018 11:04 AM)relaxing Wrote:  I dunno Auburn looks pretty good, unless they have injuries or something?

Leaving St Mary's out is egregious when you see the committee stretched to put in 3 ACC teams with <50 RPIs. FSU didn't even finish with a winning conference record.

I have no idea whether to be mad about leaving out those CUSA schools. The college basketball landscape has gotten weird in the past few years and I'm really not sure what to make of it anymore.

As I said in some other posts, it's such a joke that it's not even worth paying attention anymore. I really wish that the mid-major conferences would just break away and start their own national tournament, and let the Power 6 teams duke it out for their own championship. While they might be leaving some money on the table, I do think that there is enough interest and would be enough viewership that a mid-major tournament could still get a large enough TV contract to make it viable. It might also help mid-majors with recruiting as well.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - Spearsie - 03-13-2018 09:42 AM

(03-12-2018 01:53 PM)J.B. Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 11:04 AM)relaxing Wrote:  I dunno Auburn looks pretty good, unless they have injuries or something?

Love that idea - mid majors get screwed every year. The level of kiss-the-ring BS is staggering!

As I said in some other posts, it's such a joke that it's not even worth paying attention anymore. I really wish that the mid-major conferences would just break away and start their own national tournament, and let the Power 6 teams duke it out for their own championship. While they might be leaving some money on the table, I do think that there is enough interest and would be enough viewership that a mid-major tournament could still get a large enough TV contract to make it viable. It might also help mid-majors with recruiting as well.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-14-2018 07:28 AM

And we are off! Radford wins pretty comfortably last night over LIU Brookyln. The Bonnies overcame a bad start and early big deficit to win against middle of the road UCLA. Nice win for the mids over a power conference last night. Bonnies get to play Florida next. The other 2 play in games are tonight (NC Central/Texas Southern and Syracuse/Arizona State)

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - metsox - 03-14-2018 10:22 AM

Here's my pre-bracket writeup.

http://alwaysadragon.com/bracket-tips-analytics-department-vol-iv/

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-15-2018 01:45 PM

Opening game was a dandy with Rhode Island winning in OT. Penn started off nicely and was up 10 but the last 4 minutes ended on a 22-5 run for Kansas

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-15-2018 02:30 PM

Good games going on. Penn hanging tough with Kansas and Gonzaga and UNCG in a tight one late. UNCG up 2 with minute and a half left

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 06:30 AM

Not too much excitement yesterday. Loyola (Chicago) took down Coach L and Miami. Only other real upset was Arizona fell to Buffalo. So Hurley's team loses in the play in game and his former team keeps playing. Also Houston held on to win over SDSU.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - J.B. - 03-16-2018 07:34 AM

Arizona losing doesn't really shock me considering that they're in the middle of this cheating controversy. Maybe they didn't spend enough to pay off the players, or didn't pay off the right players.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 08:06 AM

(03-16-2018 07:34 AM)J.B. Wrote:  Arizona losing doesn't really shock me considering that they're in the middle of this cheating controversy. Maybe they didn't spend enough to pay off the players, or didn't pay off the right players.
Or the fact that Buffalo is damn good. At the start of the tournament they were a top 25 RPI team (even if KenPom had them in the 60's)

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 09:39 AM

Anyone think there are big upsets pending today?

I think CofC has a good chance as does New Mexico State. Beyond that it seems decently bleak (maybe Texas, Marshall, Providence, Syracuse) or coin flips anyhow. For some reason I really think CofC has a nice matchup. I do not believe in Auburn at all.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 02:07 PM

Over 5 minute scoreless drought for Wichita State has this game competitive. Shockers end the drought and the are all tied up. GA St close at half against Cincy

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 02:46 PM

Shockers are going to fall to Marshall.

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - Dragon For Life - 03-16-2018 05:35 PM

Shaka Smart being Shaka Smart right now

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 09:30 PM

CofC loses a tight one. Virginia tied at half with umbc

Sent from my XT1080 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 09:57 PM

Virginia with their largest deficit all season down 14 to umbc

Sent from my XT1080 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion - dan10 - 03-16-2018 10:01 PM

11 minutes to go, 45-29 umbc