CSNbbs
Wichita is not a state - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Wichita State (/forum-620.html)
+----- Thread: Wichita is not a state (/thread-844901.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wichita is not a state - C0|db|00ded - 03-08-2018 03:04 PM

Time to change the name folks.

University of Wichita.

End of story.

T

...03-cool

RE: Wichita is not a state - pvtlamb - 03-08-2018 07:46 PM

I've always agreed with this notion. I really don't understand the arguments against changing back to WU

RE: Wichita is not a state - Wheatshock - 03-08-2018 07:54 PM

I'd like to see it happen. I suppose we would have to get the BOR's approval which doesn't seem likely.

RE: Wichita is not a state - ShockerFever - 03-08-2018 09:12 PM

Yah, good luck getting the KU Topeka honks to elevate WSU in any nature whatsoever.

RE: Wichita is not a state - AngryShock - 03-08-2018 09:25 PM

**** official. If we have to, we can just brand our athletics as simply ******* Wichita and give a giant middle finger to those douches in Lawrence

RE: Wichita is not a state - Rocky Mountain Shock - 03-08-2018 11:05 PM

Small technicality: state universities in KS are required to have "state" in the name. Get that rule changed and it's on!

RE: Wichita is not a state - shock - 03-08-2018 11:18 PM

(03-08-2018 11:05 PM)Rocky Mountain Shock Wrote:  Small technicality: state universities in KS are required to have "state" in the name. Get that rule changed and it's on!

Give manhattan and lawrence warheads and let them fight out who becomes Kansas and who becomes Kansas Tech.

RE: Wichita is not a state - Wheatshock - 03-08-2018 11:21 PM

(03-08-2018 11:05 PM)Rocky Mountain Shock Wrote:  Small technicality: state universities in KS are required to have "state" in the name. Get that rule changed and it's on!

I guess that doesn't apply to those ******* up in Lawrence. 03-hissyfit

RE: Wichita is not a state - C0|db|00ded - 03-09-2018 12:12 AM

We could get the name change done in an afternoon. There must be some other reason. It took forever for the AD to understand that a big WU at center court was a better idea than a couple strands of wheat. I hope we are beyond those times now. Change the frickin' name kthxbi.

T

...03-cool

RE: Wichita is not a state - pvtlamb - 03-09-2018 08:04 AM

I don't thin it will be hard to change the name, if the WSU wants to.

RE: Wichita is not a state - Huskypride - 03-09-2018 09:09 AM

why was it changed to WSU? (legit question)

RE: Wichita is not a state - Wheatshock - 03-09-2018 09:14 AM

(03-09-2018 09:09 AM)Huskypride Wrote:  why was it changed to WSU? (legit question)

It was changed when we joined the state university system in the 60's.

RE: Wichita is not a state - pvtlamb - 03-09-2018 09:30 AM

There were some that wanted the campaign to be the Univ of Kansas -Wichita or the University of Southern Kansas. No joke.

I think there is a very interesting, good and short book by late WSU history professor Craig Miner about the process.

RE: Wichita is not a state - Wheatshock - 03-09-2018 09:55 AM

(03-09-2018 09:30 AM)pvtlamb Wrote:  There were some that wanted the campaign to be the Univ of Kansas -Wichita or the University of Southern Kansas. No joke.

I think there is a very interesting, good and short book by late WSU history professor Craig Miner about the process.
I believe the title of the book is "Uncloistered Halls".

A couple of the reasons we hate KU so much is that they tried to make us an attendance center for them at one point and when we tried to start a medical school they managed to steal it.

RE: Wichita is not a state - Rocky Mountain Shock - 03-09-2018 11:32 AM

(03-08-2018 11:21 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  

I guess that doesn't apply to those ******* up in Lawrence. 03-hissyfit

That is actually true. KU is exempted from the rule. Because it's special. 03-puke

RE: Wichita is not a state - SHOCK_value - 03-09-2018 01:19 PM

You start the ball rolling on becoming WU again by somehow unraveling ourselves from the KBOR.

Not sure how possible that is at this point - probably not very, at all - but the thumb of the KBOR has harmed WSU at least as much as it has helped. The powers that be in the KBOR love to keep WSU down, and I'm frankly shocked they've given Bardo as much leeway as he's had with the Innovation Campus.

RE: Wichita is not a state - C0|db|00ded - 03-09-2018 05:03 PM

(03-09-2018 01:19 PM)SHOCK_value Wrote:  You start the ball rolling on becoming WU again by somehow unraveling ourselves from the KBOR.

Not sure how possible that is at this point - probably not very, at all - but the thumb of the KBOR has harmed WSU at least as much as it has helped. The powers that be in the KBOR love to keep WSU down, and I'm frankly shocked they've given Bardo as much leeway as he's had with the Innovation Campus.

That makes two of us. I don't even like to think about it much as I'm afraid I will break The Bardo's spell over them. It's as if the chains that bound Wichita State were finally broken.

T

...03-cool

RE: Wichita is not a state - Bearcats#1 - 03-09-2018 06:00 PM

University of Wichita Shockers

RE: Wichita is not a state - shock - 03-09-2018 08:10 PM

ICT U

RE: Wichita is not a state - SubGod22 - 03-10-2018 11:29 AM

I'm kind of with Angry on this issue. I know it's only online/social media, but I almost never use "State" when talking about our Shox. I don't think we are required to use it in athletics if we chose not to and could just start branding everything as Wichita. Hasn't Boise done pretty much exactly that? Maybe I'm wrong on that one.

We could try to go through official channels as well. KU doesn't rule over the BOR quite as much as they did when we joined, though they still have most of the influence. I'm sure a case could be made of the benefits for not only the school, but for the region and national perception if we dropped the "State" from the official name. Maybe it would work, maybe not, but I'd like to see an effort made. And while that effort is being made, our athletics just starts using Wichita. With the new UA deal and new uniforms coming in all sports over the next couple of years, it would be an easy and natural transition.