CSNbbs
Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Wichita State (/forum-620.html)
+----- Thread: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground (/thread-844299.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 01:50 PM

There are a few thing that need to be done to grow this community.

Rep
Please add rep to good posts. So far only a couple active posters here have enough rep to do so. As we grow and posters get enough rep to give rep we need to do so to get credibility within CSN.

Discussion
We need some good topics and theme topics to keep discussion going. WheatShock is doing good here, but we need to make an effort to comment on threads and keep activity up until it starts to snowball.

Recruitment
Let people know about The Roundhouse. There are people out there that will post here if they know about it.

Symbiosis
I want to keep up a good repor with kung wu and not get into a d!ck measuring contest with shockernet. I don’t foresee The Roundhouse taking them over as the flagship so we need to be complementary to each other and stay in our own lanes. We need the atmosphere of Wheatshockers but not try to do anything we can’t. It failed twice because of that.

Board Management
This should continue to be fairly laissez faire, but in doing so it will push up against the site terms of use. We need to find that balance. Cursing in every post cannot happen. Other teams coming here and trolling also cannot happen. I think everything else is fair game though. I understand we will have mod elections soon so start thinking about nominations.

Am I missing anything?

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - C0|db|00ded - 03-02-2018 01:55 PM

(03-02-2018 01:50 PM)shock Wrote:  There are a few thing that need to be done to grow this community.

Rep
Please add rep to good posts. So far only a couple active posters here have enough rep to do so. As we grow and posters get enough rep to give rep we need to do so to get credibility within CSN.

Discussion
We need some good topics and theme topics to keep discussion going. WheatShock is doing good here, but we need to make an effort to comment on threads and keep activity up until it starts to snowball.

Recruitment
Let people know about The Roundhouse. There are people out there that will post here if they know about it.

Symbiosis
I want to keep up a good repor with kung wu and not get into a d!ck measuring contest with shockernet. I don’t foresee The Roundhouse taking them over as the flagship so we need to be complementary to each other and stay in our own lanes. We need the atmosphere of Wheatshockers but not try to do anything we can’t. It failed twice because of that.

Board Management
This should continue to be fairly laissez faire, but in doing so it will push up against the site terms of use. We need to find that balance. Cursing in every post cannot happen. Other teams coming here and trolling also cannot happen. I think everything else is fair game though. I understand we will have mod elections soon so start thinking about nominations.

Am I missing anything?

[Image: giphy.gif]

P.S. That comment just disqualified you for moderation duties.

T

...03-cool

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:01 PM

(03-02-2018 01:55 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(03-02-2018 01:50 PM)shock Wrote:  There are a few thing that need to be done to grow this community.

Rep

Discussion

Recruitment

Symbiosis

Board Management

Am I missing anything?

T

...03-cool

Banter is fine. Bearcats #1 will be welcome. That crap that happened with you and UL on SN is what I’m talking about. You and Fev should get free rein to give anyone what they have coming.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Wheatshock - 03-02-2018 02:05 PM

Rep

Discussion

Recruitment

Symbiosis

Board Management

Am I missing anything?

I talked to Kung Wu over at Shockernet and got the Ok to post an invitation to check this site out. I'll get that taken care of and also let GTS know that an influx of Shocker fans is imminent.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:06 PM

(03-02-2018 02:05 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  

Rep

Discussion

Recruitment

Symbiosis

Board Management

Am I missing anything?

I talked to Kung Wu over at Shockernet and got the Ok to post an invitation to check this site out. I'll get that taken care of and also let GTS know that an influx of Shocker fans is imminent.
Great.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Wheatshock - 03-02-2018 02:06 PM

Rep

Discussion

Recruitment

Symbiosis

Board Management

Am I missing anything?

T

...03-cool

Fans of other teams coming here for a legitimate discussion is fine. If they want to troll us, they can keep that on the main AACbbs board.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Huskypride - 03-02-2018 02:08 PM

Rep

Discussion

Recruitment

Symbiosis

Board Management

Am I missing anything?

T

...03-cool

if you want CB to blow this forum up trolling needs to be allowed 03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-02-2018 02:10 PM

(03-02-2018 02:01 PM)shock Wrote:  Banter is fine. Bearcats #1 will be welcome.

You assume I won't drop the ban hammer on him. That's a ballsy assumption given his history.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:10 PM

(03-02-2018 02:08 PM)Huskypride Wrote:  

Rep

Discussion

Recruitment

Symbiosis

Board Management

Am I missing anything?

T

...03-cool

if you want CB to blow this forum up trolling needs to be allowed 03-lmfao03-lmfao

There is trolling and then there is UofL players getting on and being general aholes.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - C0|db|00ded - 03-02-2018 02:14 PM

If anybody starts major thread-shitting or non-stop spamming of midget pictures we can PM GTS and he'll bomb them all the way back to retardsville.

T

...03-cool

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:17 PM

We need our own blue fonts

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:34 PM

(03-02-2018 02:31 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  Do we have our own mods on this forum or does it all go back to the main mods?

That hasn’t been decided yet. Cold wants no immediate oversight and reliance on the report button. I want our own mods. There is no right or wrong answer, just opinion right now.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Stickboy46 - 03-02-2018 02:35 PM

(03-02-2018 02:34 PM)shock Wrote:  
(03-02-2018 02:31 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  Do we have our own mods on this forum or does it all go back to the main mods?

That hasn’t been decided yet. Cold wants no immediate oversight and reliance on the report button. I want our own mods. There is no right or wrong answer, just opinion right now.

Yup ... I just saw that thread .. so i deleted my post here haha. Doesn't matter to me either.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - C0|db|00ded - 03-02-2018 02:37 PM

(03-02-2018 02:35 PM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  

Yup ... I just saw that thread .. so i deleted my post here haha. Doesn't matter to me either.

I've got my eye on you too Stickboy! 01-lauramac2

I like the name Roundhouse. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I see it in print.

T

...03-cool

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - C0|db|00ded - 03-02-2018 02:37 PM

shock wants moderators just so he can defy them and get banned...

T

...03-cool

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:39 PM

(03-02-2018 02:37 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  

shock wants moderators just so he can defy them and get banned...

T

...03-cool

Well... that was a stage I went through. After I got banned here I decided to dial it back and quit trying to be a character.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Wheatshock - 03-02-2018 02:43 PM

I think we should have a moderator.

We'll treat the job like the gun you keep at home for self defense. Its there in case you need to shoot the home invaders, but it rarely if ever gets used.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:47 PM

(03-02-2018 02:43 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  I think we should have a moderator.

We'll treat the job like the gun you keep at home for self defense. Its there in case you need to shoot the home invaders, but it rarely if ever gets used.

Think an embezzler can handle that?

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - Wheatshock - 03-02-2018 02:50 PM

(03-02-2018 02:47 PM)shock Wrote:  

Just don't give me access to the money or it will end up in Switzerland.

RE: Getting The Roundhouse off the ground - shock - 03-02-2018 02:52 PM

(03-02-2018 02:50 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  
(03-02-2018 02:47 PM)shock Wrote:  

Just don't give me access to the money or it will end up in Switzerland.

Dude, I have a Nigerian Prince I can hook you up with.